NZXT H630 Ultra Silent Case

WorldExclusive

[H]F Junkie
Not a huge fan of NZXT but I REALLY like this. Perfect workstation case.

See more on their product page:
http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/120-H630.html

Q1QINmR.jpg

4Utlt9c.jpg

FMJ6gwJ.jpg

KF8kHr9.jpg

pxVQDMC.jpg

3Qh9pAi.jpg

UFxpySD.jpg

zGo3hRh.jpg

KRv4B2Q.png

Last edited:
That is a good looking case, Like those watercooled examples as well. I'm wondering if the Switch will get a revision anytime soon.

Awesome, would like that as an mATX version. ITX might be too small to keep the look.
Does anyone know anything about availability? Found 28.06. on a German retailer page.

Hmm. 150 isn't too bad.

I don't get why NZXT classifies it as an "ultra" tower though. Seems only slightly bigger than a mid tower.

Hmm. 150 isn't too bad.

I don't get why NZXT classifies it as an "ultra" tower though. Seems only slightly bigger than a mid tower.

9 Expansion slots. Kinda classifies it in the ultra territory, whereas mATX only has 4.

End of May release date. Lots of competition in June. All the big boys have a new shinny case to show off at Computex.

Hmm the only thing I don't like is the placement of the USB ports. My tower sits on the left side of my desk flush against it so it would block access to plugging anything in.

Yea.

I'm not sure why they did that. Honestly, I think all USB ports should be top mounted or at the very least front mounted. I don't see why you would want the USB ports routed near your legs.

Yea.

I'm not sure why they did that. Honestly, I think all USB ports should be top mounted or at the very least front mounted. I don't see why you would want the USB ports routed near your legs.

They wanted uninterrupted panels. So much so there's only 2 5.25 bays.
Everything else is a blank canvas.

I plan on ditching my HAF932 for this guy in white as soon as they are released..The HAF is a great case, but since I WC everything, it admits way to much noise from all the unused fan ports..I figure I can unload the 932 on CL for ~$70, so It will cut down on the upgrade cost..

I just noticed it had a SD slot. Mind melted. Simple details like this makes a case.
Hard to find this outside of Lian Li, especially on a full-tower.

Also this has the potential to be a very low dust case. Because of how the intakes are designed, air can be pulled in from the front and top, creating high positive pressure with low RPM fans.

You have my attention NZXT.

I just noticed it had a SD slot. Mind melted.

From what I have seen this is pretty much standard practice on all NZXT cases. I wish it would become more common place as its a really nice feature. Its making me lean towards NZXT for my next case purchase.

From what I have seen this is pretty much standard practice on all NZXT cases. I wish it would become more common place as its a really nice feature. Its making me lean towards NZXT for my next case purchase.

Good to know that NZXT understands what their customers want.
Many of us are designers, developers, engineers etc., so any additional way to upload our data is a plus.

Sig updated with this case. Day one purchase.

You crack me up with your sig changes man. :D

This thing is absolutely beautiful. I don't think I've seen a case this beautiful since I owned my PC-V1000BW Plus II. I'm going to have a hard time not buying one at launch myself.

Last edited:
You crack me up with your sig changes man. :D

This thing is absolutely beautiful. I don't think I've seen a case this beautiful since I owned my PC-V1000BW Plus II. I'm going to have a hard time not buying one at launch myself.

I was inbetween cases since January and inbetween builds since September. I have a Frankenstein PC right now, but it's getting the job done.
Finally the GTX 780 and Haswell is coming or I can score a 3930K from a member during the Intel sale.

I have to build a PC all at once or I'll never complete it. :p
That's why I'm rebuilding from scratch. Buy all the parts at once.

3Qh9pAi.jpg

I just looked at this image closely, as I want to run my 60mm thich 320 rad up top, and my ~35mm thick 320 rad in front but didn't realize I would lose ALL the friggin drive 3.5" drive bays...Gonna have to figure something out, because I have been waiting for this exact style case for so long!

There's room to free mount them where the black squares are, behind the rad. Just depends on how many you have.
You can probably mount the rad to the back of the HDD cages.

Last edited:
3Qh9pAi.jpg

I just looked at this image closely, as I want to run my 60mm thich 320 rad up top, and my ~35mm thick 320 rad in front but didn't realize I would lose ALL the friggin drive 3.5" drive bays...Gonna have to figure something out, because I have been waiting for this exact style case for so long!

There's room to free mount them where the black squares are, behind the rad. Just depends on how many you have.
You can probably mount the rad to the back of the HDD cages.

At a quick glance the interior of this case looks very similar to the Phantom 630. Looking at the images in the [H] review of that case, I'd think you could get a triple mounted to the drive cages. It's already set up for that.

1363919528jgJY6olUjM_5_16.jpg

A shame its not Aluminium.

Meh.....I'm over aluminum.
Steel is usually quieter...this being a case build on silence, I'd rather have the steel. Don't care about the weight, especially on a case this size.

I just noticed it had a SD slot. Mind melted. Simple details like this makes a case.

Also this has the potential to be a very low dust case. Because of how the intakes are designed, air can be pulled in from the front and top, creating high positive pressure with low RPM fans.

My thoughts exactly. I'll be keeping my eye on this one for a future build.

Thanks. I needed some real world pictures of this thing.

I wasn't keen on the black one but after the review, it's also nice looking (moreso than I originally thought it'd be). If I buy one, I'm definitely getting white though. :)

I still have a few questions that hopefully another reviewer will answer (by taking a lot more pictures).
  1. Is the front side intake removable? (According to the AT review comments, it has dust filters, but no word on whether or not they are removable - other than obviously the bottom ones are.)
  2. What does it look like under the top panel? Can you leave it off (with no other issues other than increased sound)? I wonder what effect that would have on temps (possibly lower?).
  3. Is the "NZXT" HD cage bottom piece removable? (Doesn't look like it, since it has the grooves in it for the bottom HD cage mount.) If it's not removable, how much airflow does it impede? Can you put anything down there? (SSD?)

I'm also a little disappointed that the review cases have an issue where the front and side panels are not removable; really wanted to see what the 'frame' looked like under the covers.
The top and front panels are also designed to pop off, but on my pre-production review unit, the front panel is borderline impossible to remove. This is a recognized flaw in the review batch of cases and it's my understanding that it will be corrected in retail.

Last edited:

We like your attention :D

Yuppers! We like to include SDX card readers for the people who need them. Which is almost everyone :)

Good to know that NZXT understands what their customers want.
Many of us are designers, developers, engineers etc., so any additional way to upload our data is a plus.

Well, we pay a lot of attention to forums and the feedback from people on them. Enthusiasts shouldn't be ignored. We could sell cheap, gaudy cases by the truck load, or build something that WE would buy.

A shame its not Aluminium.

You won't get a case like this made of aluminum for much less than 300. Aluminum sucks to cut compared to steel as it leaves a lot of undesireable shavings and dust compared to steel.

Wow this case screams to be modded!
That big, clean, blank slate??!! Yes, please!

This is what I want to hear!

I wasn't keen on the black one but after the review, it's also nice looking (moreso than I originally thought it'd be). If I buy one, I'm definitely getting white though. :)

I still have a few questions that hopefully another reviewer will answer (by taking a lot more pictures).
  1. Is the front side intake removable? (According to the AT review comments, it has dust filters, but no word on whether or not they are removable - other than obviously the bottom ones are.)
  2. What does it look like under the top panel? Can you leave it off (with no other issues other than increased sound)? I wonder what effect that would have on temps (possibly lower?).
  3. Is the "NZXT" HD cage bottom piece removable? (Doesn't look like it, since it has the grooves in it for the bottom HD cage mount.) If it's not removable, how much airflow does it impede? Can you put anything down there? (SSD?)

I'm also a little disappointed that the review cases have an issue where the front and side panels are not removable; really wanted to see what the 'frame' looked like under the covers.

1. The Dust filters are removable
2. Leaving the top panel off is not a good idea due to dust and noise, as this is where the top fans sit.
3. The bottom bracket for the HDD cage is removable, as it's held in with screws. This allows the use of 240/280mm radiators in that spot.

Hey - thanks for answering my questions! :D
Is there an ETA on retail availability? (hopefully at Microcenter which is walking distance :) though ordering off NewEgg or Amazon is certainly an option)

Hey - thanks for answering my questions! :D
Is there an ETA on retail availability? (hopefully at Microcenter which is walking distance :) though ordering off NewEgg or Amazon is certainly an option)

ETA is end of this month in North America :)

That was an interesting complaint, the fact that it's not aluminum. Yeah, I wish it were, but for $150 you're not getting aluminum. I think it's priced well and it's got a lot of nice features. This is one I'll be keeping my eye on.

Since I saw a NZXT rep in here....

More like this please!! This design is simply outstanding. I really like it, but afraid it's going to be a little more expensive, and larger than I really need personnally. I just felt like I needed to comment so I could give credit due! :D

I for one am thinking of buying this case just because of the USB/SD card reader placement. It is perfect for folks who place their machines on the left side of their desk. I wish more cases had this layout. Even better would be if it was reverse ATX'd so that I would have easier access to the components.

Back