NZXT H440 Mid-Tower Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Hardware 360 put the NZXT H440 mid-tower case to the test today. If you are in the market for a new case, you'll definitely be interested in this review.

At $119 the NZXT H440 is a near flawless case. It has an innovative design, is loaded with features, runs extremely quiet and the power supply cables virtually disappear thanks to the built-in PSU shroud. Overall it is an excellent buy for anyone in the market for a case just north of $100.

This case looks outstanding. Where I in the market, I would be buying my first ever NZXT case. I still might at some point.

I would just take off the side panel and use the drive when I needed to do so. Myself I want to see overall temps for cpu, gpu, hard drive etc not just cpu. My raven 3 cools my 7870 75% fan highly overclocked to ~74c summer temps cpu sits ~45c tops, so I am looking for a different case there is tons to choose from there really is, but Raven are not that good for multi-gpu cooling and their airflow just does not seem to be the greatest for multi-gpu, if I take off the front fans and the hard drives start cooking then temps are stellar easily a good 10c or so better for gpu cpu ~4c better.

Anyways, that is one gorgeous case the only down fall so far seems to be a little constricted for intake so it affect temps a touch and the side panel (right side) is a little tight for wiring especially the 24pin but beyond this, easily one of the best cases I have seen.

So for me
Corsair 300r
Arc Midi R2
Coolermaster N600
now NZXT H440 are my choices they all seem to be ~$20 difference ir a ~$45 price range difference from low to high for me here in Ontario ~$75-$120.

300r seems to get worst user opinion as far as spacing and cooling.
Arc Midi R2 great user opinion except for it can get tight quick enough and the mic/head port or usb tends to flake on some of them.
N600 seems to have the most space and best cooling of them though manufacturing defects and possible issues using rear exhaust with bigger coolers and the top pci-e expansion may conflict with some card inputs due to rolled edges (I wish they had a ribbon based instead of hard slotted motherboard design)

anyways, I want to see stock cooling ability for some really high end gear that is known to push lots of heat then compare with known excellent cooling cases to see the noise/temp differences.

That looks really cool. I want more cases that experiment with just completely ditching optical drive bays.

really liked the case and the orange and black color on newegg is my exact favorite colors... but with my video editing work I end up burning blu-rays and DVDs still and an external just isnt going to get it done.

Sad, I really like this case and was close to buying it. I got the Fractal Arc Midi R2 instead....

Back