NZXT Grid+ V3: POS - Do not buy!

M76

[H]F Junkie
Just a heads up as I just purchased one of these and would steer everyone clear of it.

About the only positive thing about the product is the packaging and that it has magnets so you can slap it on the inside of the case anywhere. (Unless you have an alu case)

1. First off it completely shuts off all fans if any one of the connectors go near 5W power. Basically if one of your fans starts to pull more power than specs your entire system will cook because this garbage product will simply stop working! I mean a fan can pull more power for a variety of reasons. It simply breaks, the bearing wears out, or a cable blocks the fan from spinning.

2. Second 5W is nothing. There are tons of beefy fans that pull 5W OOB even at 80-120mm, so you don't have to think oversized blowers to get to 5w. And of course my fans are rated exactly at 5W so the grid refuses to work with even one of them connected. This thing cannot handle a single fan, yet it comes with a not even 2-way, but 3-way fan splitter! LOL.

3. The software wants you to create an online account.

4. The software can only use two temperature sources for fan profiles: CPU and GPU, nothing else! Totally useless as a complete system solution. I wanted to set up some fans for the HDDs as well. And case fans are usually controlled by ambient or MB temp, but not if you use this!

5. It comes with a noise detector mic, which seems to be a totally worthless gimmick, as the software doesn't even acknowledge its existence, or has a noise readout, or any option to use noise based fan profiles.

So this thing is only good if you want to control 6 weak ass CPU or GPU fans separately. What a garbage useless product.

Weird, I'm using a v2 in my sig rig controlling 11 fans and it's been awesome.

CAM only requires an account to cloud save settings, can just ignore it.

Wondering if there was a change with the v3

That's a bummer, but it's good to know to avoid it.

Let me know how the Aquacomputer Quadro works out for you. (y)

Weird, I'm using a v2 in my sig rig controlling 11 fans and it's been awesome.

CAM only requires an account to cloud save settings, can just ignore it.

Wondering if there was a change with the v3
Can the V2 use other temps than CPU and GPU?

Can the V2 use other temps than CPU and GPU?

Negative, same on that, but I'm running 8 radiator fans and 3 case fans so it's not so important to me. I just run rad fans on a custom profile using CPU temp, the intake fans on a custom profile on GPU temp, and the exhaust fan at a static speed.

The software just reverted to factory default fan profiles. I don't know if it was because I connected new fans, or because I let it update.

I bought some less power hungry fans and now at least I can use it as intended.

Back