nzxt g12 /w x42 cooler @ 1080ti

demondrops

Limp Gawd
Anyone did this? I got a FE, and wanted to do it before but there was no bracket out and evga one was like 300 usd /w import, so i skipped that. Guess i dont need it but, price is reasonable. And i think im skipping this generation so atleast a year before anything new is out. Probs add some value when i sell it also. What kind of temps do ppl get with that setup if they got it.

a g12/h60 on my rx470 knocked off almost 20c, never seems to break 50c under a full load.

I use a NZXT G10 on both of my 1080 Ti FEs - one with a NZXT X61 and the other with a X41. They both work well, and the temp difference is more about where I was able to place the rads.

I used a G10 and H90 on my GTX970 before I upgraded to a 1070, dropped it from helicopter loud to under 30 db and never got above 55c.
The 1070 is surprisingly quiet with the stock fans (at least in my case with the noise dampening).

Last edited:
think i will bite lol. it will probs boost to 2000mhz just on power limit alone. but seems some games are very sensitive to OC on it, i had tons of problems on running temp/power limit in BFV for example no mhz increase, alot of crashing but other games goes just fine for endless hours. it will boost close to 2000 mhz on 100+ mhz 100% fan wich is quite loud and not hot but, 70-80 depending on ambient, so still some temprature headroom i think. rtx 2080ti really a let down in price/performance and unfinished features that look more like dx12 atm :( the jump in performance from last Ti is respectable but the rest dont justify the price.

Last edited:
Back