NYC Teens More Interested in Video Games than Sex According to Study

cageymaru

Fully [H]
NYC teens have been trading in sexual adventures for more video game adventuring according to a Health Department study. Instead of real life "Pok-e-mon", 45.6% of teens are spending 3 hours a day with their digital avatars staring at computer screens and smartphones. The 3.9% rise from 2013 in video game consumption seems to coincide with a 4% reduction in teen sex and almost 4% reduction in teen alcohol consumption. E-cigarettes and vaping has taken off with 15.9% of teens trying the latest fad but teen smoking reduced by 2.4%. Of course city officials touted their police department initiatives with the reduction in teen smoking.

Seems like this is more of an instance where kids are given something interesting to do. If bored, kids will do whatever for entertainment. Maybe parents should plan some trips out of the city or take them to a local gym and exercise?

City health officials noted that given the ease of access to the internet and availability of mobile devices, it’s not surprising that teens are spending more time playing video games. Officials are concerned that hours of sedentary game-playing comes at the expense of healthy exercise. Meanwhile, city policies banning or discouraging smoking have helped drive down the teen smoking rate, officials said.

with the amount of rules for sex these days (i.e yes means no etc.) it's a wonder the population hasn't started to drop like a rock.

Wait until they find out how much more fun it is to combine any 2 of the 3!

Sex
and Video Games while vaping.

If you've played world of warcraft for any significant span of time, you'll know this has already been done. If not, you need more guild mates with varied backgrounds. Amazing what 40 people locked in the same raid night after night will talk about. Introduce an alcoholic priest and things get squirrely.

Who needs sex when you've got Elwynn Forest.

Last edited:
This would be a very happy moment for Darwin -- if all you want to do is play video games and not practice reproduction, bravo! lol

isn't this what we have been trying to push onto teens? Scare them into never wanting it. 'Sex ed' for my school was just pictures and descriptions of all the diseases and pregnancy costs and complications.

It's amazing at how many of you believe that sex with the object of their affection is readily available for ANY teen who wants it. For a select few, sure. For over 90%, no. Socially, things simply have not changed all that much. One study of singles showed that about 5% of the men were having sex with 80% of the available sexually active women; so on any given night, about 75% of women were going home alone, though to be honest, I'd guess that a lot of those guys were going 'home' to a second round in the sack. And the rest of the guys? Going home to their hand. And that takes them what, a minute or two, max? Then what are they going to do? Why, video games of course.

First of all, I believe that study is probably flawed, and doesn't represent "teens in NYC" with any degree of accuracy. Next, you're assuming that anyone who's responded here believes what you just said that we believe. Next up, where did you get your numbers? Lastly, you're probably right in a general sense, but I don't think anyone is taking this overly seriously either.

This would be a very happy moment for Darwin -- if all you want to do is play video games and not practice reproduction, bravo! lol
Why?
Because it's a form of "unnatural selection", video games being something we would not consider natural?

I associate a strong interest in video games with a logical intelligent mind.
We need these genes reproduced, like their parents did under a different culture.
Sure, we have those that play single player games, but they are not the die hard gamers, they are the slower truck drivers of society.
(No insult to truck drivers)

Video games may lead to the often mentioned Idiocracy outcome, by means of stripping intelligent layers of society out of child bearing lives

Why?
It's a form of "unnatural selection", video games being something we would not consider natural?

I associate a strong interest in video games with a logical intelligent mind.
We need these genes reproducing, like their parents did under a different culture.
Sure, we have those that play single player games, but they are not the die hard gamers, they are the slower truck drivers of society.

Big negative on that good buddy. An intelligent mind would be more interested in sex while playing video games. A woman who will suck your dick while you play a computer game? Thats more logical than choosing one over the other :D

Big negative on that good buddy. An intelligent mind would be more interested in sex while playing video games. A woman who will suck your dick while you play a computer game? Thats more logical than choosing one over the other :D
Hahaha, I stand corrected.

4% sounds well within the margin of error on a study involving teens. I doubt 92% answer 100% honestly.

Closer to 12% answer 35% honestly. :D Out of an 18% sampling of NYC teens.

I don't see a problem with this. My AI Waifu and I get along, but sometimes she fights with SIRI.

Pretty sure getting your dick sucked doesn't make babies so i think the point is still valid :D
Four play leads to sex. The fact that you make this statement leads me to believe you are one of the kids in the article. Tickle that twat prior to pounding and it will be a lot more fun ;) Hell, for the majority of women, four play is needed for them to enjoy sex (which means more than once for you).

Kids live in more fear than they have ever before but yet are more safe than they have ever been before.

Fear of what ?

Before you answer, understand that if my Dad had caught me screwing a girl he would have beat me, like close to death, close enough that death was a distinct possibility. Had the father caught me the same risk was real. I was a virgin until I was 20. I wasn't that unusual, ask around.

But kids today have something bigger then that to worry about?

th (1).jpg

We must teach abstinence. It's the only way. It'll stop teen pregnancy and STD's.

Kids aren't interested in sex?! What the fuck is wrong with them!? We need to fix this!

Some days, I'm more interested in video games. Especially this week.

Is sex the end-all? Is that what they should be more interested in? Some people focus on other things besides sex.

Why?
..................................................................................Sure, we have those that play single player games, but they are not the die hard gamers, they are the slower truck drivers of society.

See, this is how the "laborers" of the world view the hierarchy of things. They see the natural order of things from the bottom up and assume that all others are "truck drivers" because they can not see above the clouds, the land of the designers and the engineers. It's the laborers that feel that they accomplish all worth doing and everyone else is .... just driving trucks :p

People should just focus on what they're interested in, strike a good balance with other interests, and requirements to living, and THAT is probably the healthiest. I guess be a responsible person. Don't mix the wrong kinds of drugs, don't use your vaping device for crack, have just the right amount of sex with just the right amount of foreplay for your partner, and don't have babies unless you're trying to have babies, don't drink to the point where you're a total dick, but drink just enough to be a little more fun, play some video games or not, depending on whether or not you like them, maybe take up a peripheral hobby, so that you don't get burned out on the first one.... :D

Actually...

Four play leads to sex. The fact that you make this statement leads me to believe you are one of the kids in the article. Tickle that twat prior to pounding and it will be a lot more fun ;) Hell, for the majority of women, four play is needed for them to enjoy sex (which means more than once for you).

What is "Four play"?

See, this is how the "laborers" of the world view the hierarchy of things. They see the natural order of things from the bottom up and assume that all others are "truck drivers" because they can not see above the clouds, the land of the designers and the engineers. It's the laborers that feel that they accomplish all worth doing and everyone else is .... just driving trucks :p
Well then stop driving a damn truck and expand your horizons!

Careful, it'll make you go blind.

"If bored, kids will do whatever for entertainment."

I don't think they asked the right teens.......This is the worst study ever. Whats next? A study about how fast ketchup runs out of a bottle?......o wait nevermind!

How the hell do kids have 3 hours a day to play video games? Shouldn't they be studying, participating in school activities, or something more productive in life. This is a big problem in society as we are finding that our kids increasingly are unable to be competitive against a globalized work force. I'm relatively old in the mid stages of my life and I havn't even had time to game or even watch TV for 17 weeks now. Perhaps we should be glad they are not interested in sex as I'm not sure I want them procreating.

Fear of what ?

Before you answer, understand that if my Dad had caught me screwing a girl he would have beat me, like close to death, close enough that death was a distinct possibility. Had the father caught me the same risk was real. I was a virgin until I was 20. I wasn't that unusual, ask around.

The fear of making a mistake. Back in my day and your day...mistakes were made. Apologies were made. Anything but the most grievous of sins was forgotten and we moved on. These days if you make a mistake...you are fucked for life. It will NEVER be forgotten and you will spend the rest of your life that every time you put a step forward that a sledge hammer is waiting to crush you into oblivion.

Fear of what ?

How about fear of living the rest of your life with a felony, and your name on the sex offender registry because the girl's father found out? Hell, you don't even have to be screwing the girl, she could just send you a text with a nude picture in it.

Back