NY Police Union Wants Saints Row 2 Pulled

HardOCP News

[H] News
Obviously the men and women in uniform that put their lives on the line every day aren’t going to be thrilled with a game like Saints Row 2 but I can’t help but think this move to “block” the game is a publicity stunt by someone running for District Attorney and not police officers themselves.

On Tuesday, surrounded by police union members who support her bid for Manhattan District Attorney, candidate Leslie Crocker-Snyder and others spoke out against the violent game. At the J&R music store, in Lower Manhattan, the game sells for $59.59 and sales have been brisk. Employees say they carefully check of the ages of the customers.

There were outcries for GTA, yes. They wouldn't allow the advertisments in Chicago public transportation.

Welcome to the US where I have the freedome to play a video game even if you don't like the content.

Ahh America. Freedom to develop whatever kind of game you want and the freedom to protest said games.

THQ should send her a check for the extra 50k copies of the game they just sold cause of her.

The game is that good that people want to ban it? Sweet I'm gona check it out now.

Which union?

There are several police unions in NYC. There's the Policeman's union, the Sergeants, the Detectives, the Lieutenants and I think one for Captains. It makes it seem like all of them but I don't know, usually they operate mostly independent of each other, like how the PBA held out for a union contract months after all the other unions had settled. There's certainly nothing from Lynch here.

I find it funny how GTAIV's LCPD was basically just the NYPD, right down to cars, arms, and uniforms, and as far as I know the NYPD never called for the game to be banned.

Now, if I remember correctly, the Stillwater PD looks nothing like the NYPD.

*Sigh.*

How many of said protesting cops are going to be buying this for their whiny kids when it releases? All of them? That's what I thought.

meh.. all the little kids will hear "the cops dont like saints row 2".. awww cool.. mum can you get me a copy!! and the parents will get it...

good work,, nothing like a bit of publicity for a game launch... :D

I want to liv ein a freedoME!!!!

I bought this game yesterday. It's like GTA (duh) but it doesn't take itself as seriously. Lots of silliness sprinkled throughout the game.

Oh and it's pretty fun too.

Heh, another Union trying to use their prehistoric powers to infringe on another company.

Anyways, this is stupid.

Employees say they carefully check of the ages of the customers.
Yeah, right, and I'm Bill Gates... The police and politicians complaining over this game is awesome free publicity for the makers, positive or not.

Yay let's revoke another human right!

Privacy and free-speech be damned!

What rights are left for the American Gov't to take? Not many.

Yay let's revoke another human right!

Privacy and free-speech be damned!

What rights are left for the American Gov't to take? Not many.

as i was told growing up, when ever the government makes a new law, they take away one of your rights.

Doesn't look as good as what it's trying to be (GTA 4) and yet seems to have already got the Anti-Violent Games people screaming blue murder...I personally cannot see what they are worrying about unless kids under the age limit of the game are buying it.

Id love some freedome!

I wonder how many of those police wo/men are playing SR2 and having fun while doing it!

Back