NVMe to USB Adapter Card?

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone know much about the M.2/NVME Interface? I purchased a GT73VR - Titan Pro 4k and it has 3 internal NVME slots.. for a project i am working on i am looking to see if there is an M.2/NVME to USB adapter card..

most adapters i find are the reverse.. USB to NVME (Plugging an NVME SSD into a USB port).. but i am looking to plug a usb device into the M.2/NVME port..

Similar to this i would suppose but for USB instead of PCIeX4

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...CI-E-X4-Adapter-Card/1497237_32583718637.html

Does anyone know is the NVMe cards the M.2 Bkey or Mkey variant? its been hard to glean information on exactly the specification that they refer to as NVMe.. most of what i am finding references either NGFF or M.2 B + M Keyed variant

ok i believe i am beginning to understand .. B + M Key cards are suppose to be compatible to any M.2 slot.. but M or B keyed specific cards will only work in their respective slot. lol this is so much like the old AGP days (5v vs 1.8v card key slots)

Did you ever find an M.2 enclosure (to USB) that supports NVME? I've been looking forever and all the ones I've seen are M.2 sata but no NVME support. Would make cloning drives so much easier than reinstalling from scratch.

i have ordered my parts.. hopefully get in soon.. i'll try and do a work log once i get started :)

i've learned quite a bit about the M.2 Specs at least :) lol

Back