NVMe M.2 SSD Not Detected Anymore

cybereality

[H]F Junkie
I have a Gigabyte B350 motherboard (GA-AB350M-HD3) and a Corsair Force MP500 M.2 NVMe SSD drive.

Everything was working perfect, then all I did was swap the 1600X for a 3600X CPU with no other changes.

BIOS was updated to latest before installing new 3rd gen Ryzen CPU.

Now the SSD cannot be detected in BIOS or in the Windows USB install. I even tried buying a new M.2 SSD drive and that doesn't work either. I don't believe I damaged the motherboard, but that is a possibility I guess.

I have also tried resetting BIOS settings, removing CMOS battery, etc. and changing all sorts of settings but it won't see the drive.

Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Thank you so much. That is definitely the issue I'm talking about.

Glad to see I'm not alone. Luckily this was a spare system, so I just reformated with the SATA drive that was in there.

OMG, I haven't used Windows on an HDD in a while, it is so slow. This is even a hybrid drive, but it takes forever to boot up.

Guess I can live with it for now, but good to know I didn't break anything and that there will be a fix.

I ended up getting a PCIe M.2 adapter. It was only $10 on Newegg with free shipping since I'm a member.

I would like to have the motherboard slot functional, but I can use the adapter to get up and running for now and swap it once the new BIOS comes out.

I ended up getting a PCIe M.2 adapter. It was only $10 on Newegg with free shipping since I'm a member.

I would like to have the motherboard slot functional, but I can use the adapter to get up and running for now and swap it once the new BIOS comes out.

Let me know how you make out.

My friend is on the Gigabyte X370 Gaming 3 and he first had issues with SATA drives showing up, so we got a SATA-to-PCIe adapter. Then he had troubles with his NVMe drive which was also in an adapter (M.2-to-PCIe). Definitely been a PITA. :)

The new BIOS came out, so I updated and reinstalled Windows. Everything is perfect now.

Back