nvldkmm.sys issue

Proteos

Gawd
So it appears my system now has the dreaded nvldkmm.sys issue. I was in the middle of playing WoW on my system at a friends and out of nowhere I got BSODed due to nvldkmm.sys. I googled this issue and cannot find a fix... and everything that I have found has pointed to people with geforce 8 series cards. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have not had a BSOD again yet, as I installed the latest nV drivers after the occurence, but my system is SUPER slow on startup.

I have almost the exact same problem but in my case i think the card is going bad. Some of the fixes on the net work, but as far as i know there isn't a certain fix for this problem. Just have to keep on trying till you get one that works. There is a thread somewhere on the forums btw for this. (have to search i think)

I'm running Vista 64. I had the issue with two 8800GTS 512's in SLI. I got rid of them and went to a single 260GTX. Problem solved. From all the info I've seen, it stems from a hardware issue.

Running Vista 64 with an 8800 GTX OC... having the same problems also. My main card is a 280, and I use the 8800 for the flanking 24'' monitors.. and occasionally when I start a video file, it BSODs... I think the card's going/gone bad.

Had the same problem with Vista x64 when I built my box. RMA'd my graphics card (GTX 260), put in new ram, reformatted twice, changed out power supply, and ended up changed out the motherboard, which fixed it. System was 100% stable otherwise. Could have been even a driver conflict with the motherboard drivers for all i know. Start with any software fixes you can (reinstall drivers, os, things like that) and then start swapping hardware if you have that option available to you! I wish you good luck.

The amount of helpfulness on these forums never ceases to amaze me. Thanks guys :)

I think I fixed the issue... no more BSOD, and my system isn't slow on startup. All I did was uninstall the nV drivers in safe mode and re-install them once booted into standard windows. I still have an issue with having my FPS in WoW drop when I play in window mode. It also drops when, say, I alt-tab to another window. Obviously this isn't an issue, but I do not recall this happening before the latest WoW patch. It makes me think that maybe my card is downclocking to 2D mode when I alt tab, therefore why I would obtain a steady 30 fps when the window is out of focus. Anyone else play WoW and have issues with fps drops by using window mode as opposed to full screen?

Had the same problem with Vista x64 when I built my box. RMA'd my graphics card (GTX 260), put in new ram, reformatted twice, changed out power supply, and ended up changed out the motherboard, which fixed it. System was 100% stable otherwise. Could have been even a driver conflict with the motherboard drivers for all i know. Start with any software fixes you can (reinstall drivers, os, things like that) and then start swapping hardware if you have that option available to you! I wish you good luck.
Using an axe instead of a scapel... In no way did you diagnose what the issue was.

I had the same problem, but it turned out the card was going bad. Once i put the new 260 in, the driver issues and artifacts dissappeared.

Only time I ever got that error was when I had my GTS 640. Fixed my problem by downclocking my memory. Turns out that Vista 64 bit with a Quad core CPU and overclocked memory do not play nice sometimes. It fixed it for me.

Back