Nvidia's view on Waterblocks in regards to Warranty?

Daishi123

Limp Gawd
Any one ever try to warranty aftermarket waterblocked Card? Noticed all of a sudden no matter what game I was playing in the past week that the temps jumped up to 70c under load. Pulled the blocks reapplied thermal paste and changed the fluid in the loop. And now Low Res Mode + Code 43 = same issue as the DOA card.

My RTX Titan just died and its been running a water block for 18 months....and of course I think I'm missing some of the screws that came with the old fan block for it. So....is it even worth trying or am I SOL and should just wait and bite the bullet for a 30xx card.

And this will be the 2nd RTX Titan that has died, first one was DOA and this was the replacement :/

Armenius

Fully [H]
NVIDIA says the right to repair or replacement is revoked if the product was repaired altered by anyone besides NVIDIA, the manufacturer, or an authorized technician. If you put the card back together as it was sold I wouldn't think there would be an issue unless there are telltale signs that it was taken apart. Unfortunately missing screws is a telltale sign. From the description, though, I don't think that the failure was caused by the waterblock.

Daishi123

Limp Gawd
Thanks. Its worth a shot I guess, worst case they tell me to pound sand. Thankfully the old pascal Titan fired right up so I can wait it out till the 30xx series stuff drops.

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
I would think the change of thermal paste would be enough to be able to tell that it was taken apart. I don't know if that's enough to deny a warranty claim though.

I'd definitely submit a claim and see what happens.

Zinn

2[H]4U
I bet they wouldn’t even notice the missing screws, they’re likely not going to forensically examine the card. Water cooling should not void the warranty especially since that wasn’t the cause of failure, but please keep us posted.

Iratus

[H]ard|Gawd
I’ve had mine fixed fine after having had a waterblock on it. Just put the cooler back on and sent it in. With a titan even more so tbh. They know the score.

It’s one of the benefits of Nvidia (or Evga)

Daishi123

Limp Gawd
I’ve had mine fixed fine after having had a waterblock on it. Just put the cooler back on and sent it in. With a titan even more so tbh. They know the score.

It’s one of the benefits of Nvidia (or Evga)
Cool. Should be sending mine out monday or tuesday to get it fixed. Don't think I'll put the water block back on it after this since we are so close to the next gen.