NVIDIA's Vault 1080 Fallout 4 Mod Is Now Live

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA's Vault 1080 Fallout 4 mod we told you about the other day is now live. Hit the link to get your fill of volumetric lighting, god rays, HBAO+ and FleX-powered weapon debris.

According to comments in the link, and comments at geforce.com, the mod currently posted is fake (created 8/26, updated 9/2, only 139Mb in size, 10 versions with no comments).

mods.bethesda isnt responding other than to give a loading indicator that moves without any traffic flow, the page doesnt start to load.

I see comments all over the web that Bethesda.net is a fake/scam site...can anyone else confirm this?

www.BethSoft.com is the official site, and I don't yet see the Vault 1080 mod available there.

From what I've found, Bethesda.net is their new-ish mod hub, out a couple months ago. Basically their way of gating mods for their platforms.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141167-bethesda-e3-announces-bethesdanet-hub

The problem is they don't appear to have any verification system in place for mods, which is how someone was able to upload a fake mod and call it Vault 1080.

Geforce.com also lists that the mod will be found at bethesda.net when it's released.

NVIDIA Reveals ‘Vault 1080’ Fallout 4 Mod Packed with Next-Gen GameWorks Tech

Last edited:
I see comments all over the web that Bethesda.net is a fake/scam site...can anyone else confirm this?

www.BethSoft.com is the official site, and I don't yet see the Vault 1080 mod available there.

Bethesda.net has been around for some time, it is a legit site. It was officially launched as part of Beth's E3 2015 Showcase. It should be somewhere in this stream if you want to hear them talk about it.

That mod might be fake, however.

Back