NVIDIA's Order of 10 Contest

I read it on reddit.

The real solution might involve something about the sequence strings corresponding to text in the video at the times marked on the watch, but all you really need to spot is the two anagrams for evolve in an x pattern in the cells in the triangle.

Last edited:
Uh.... huh.... I wasn't sure what was part of the question and what wasn't.. I assumed the video was just an ad and unrelated... but I guess if they're trying to market it, they would include it...

Too late at night, but the triangle is Pascal's triangle and the number sequences have to do with a formula to figure out which spaces of the triangle to use for the letters in the triangle.

well, I tried that with the first one with the pascal triangle, but still not a clue where to start... if it had a proper question, I would try more but being shown some stuff and have them basically go "do something with it and come up with an answer" is just beyond me.

Got the first two. I think the second was easier than the first.

Hint for number 1, look at the red lines on the watch.

I tried creating account it says
This page does not exist.
when I click on the verify account link, blekk

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
well, I tried that with the first one with the pascal triangle, but still not a clue where to start... if it had a proper question, I would try more but being shown some stuff and have them basically go "do something with it and come up with an answer" is just beyond me.

It's already been explained above, but...

The watch has red dashes. If you go to the time stamp in the video at each red dash, you'll get a statement. 5 red dashes, 5 sequences. Each text phrase in the video matches the letter count of the sequence, when spaces are removed.
Look where the red numbers are. Either add or subtract from the letters value. Thus, C+2 = E, and C-2 = A. If you get something like -1 or 27, wrap the value. C-3 = Z.
You get the phrase "ANALYZE THE TRIANGULAR NUMBER PORTIONS" from the red words.
Look at a corresponding Pascal Triangle.
Look at the rows of triangle numbers. To help: http://www.geocities.ws/millers_math/famous/trian.gif
The letters you get are L E V O E V and V O V E L E.
Then it's just a simple thing as figuring out how to rearrange the letters to spell Evolve.

It's already been explained above, but...

The watch has red dashes. If you go to the time stamp in the video at each red dash, you'll get a statement. 5 red dashes, 5 sequences. Each text phrase in the video matches the letter count of the sequence, when spaces are removed.
Look where the red numbers are. Either add or subtract from the letters value. Thus, C+2 = E, and C-2 = A. If you get something like -1 or 27, wrap the value. C-3 = Z.
You get the phrase "ANALYZE THE TRIANGULAR NUMBER PORTIONS" from the red words.
Look at a corresponding Pascal Triangle.
Look at the rows of triangle numbers. To help: http://www.geocities.ws/millers_math/famous/trian.gif
The letters you get are L E V O E V and V O V E L E.
Then it's just a simple thing as figuring out how to rearrange the letters to spell Evolve.

What video? Everyone keeps talking about a video but I don't see a video anywhere that relates to this.

Im sure the mean the video at the beginning of the page that introduces the gfx card.

It's "evolve", but just a heads up: their site doesn't have any https, so be cautious plugging in your info.
They finally fixed it. I can't believe anyone approved it without https before going live. Eesh.

I keep getting "page does not exist" guess they are trying to block the really really really smart people :pompous:

I did as well after activation, but was still able to log in using my account credentials, very odd

Don't see a video on any of the pages. Must be a bug.

There was a YouTube video on the puzzle page. Maybe they took it down or a bug. Can the puzzles be completed after their date? (And I still don't see today's puzzle up).

They probably read reddit and was like... fuck, answers are getting posted up!

Yea, it looks like they took down the video.

I wish the damned graphic in Puzzle 3 was interactive so I could just drag and drop the blocks. I am going to have to wait for lunch now to lay them out correctly.

There was a YouTube video on the puzzle page. Maybe they took it down or a bug. Can the puzzles be completed after their date? (And I still don't see today's puzzle up).
It is still there in the HTML it just doesn't show up now but you can still answer it.

Or better yet...
eu54BhZ.jpg

Finished todays puzzle without cheating!

Well, U dud have to read a bit about Fibonacci but I knew about his "spiral" in a general sense.

Neat.

How do you cheat on the puzzle? Cause if there is an easier way then using paint to arrange the blocks and overlaying a spiral I would like to know ahahahahaha.

People are such spoilerphobes. Personally, I like a bunch of fellow enthusiasts helping each other to score some free parts...

I have to agree, it is better to work as a team anyway because it is a drawing not a winner take all type thing.

I do appreciate the work they put into the puzzles, the creativity and challenge. I will go get the answer if I must but I am happy to try to solve the games.
The first one was fricking hard though.

Back