NVIDIA's next-gen Ampere DLSS 3.0 could work on ANY game that uses TAA

erek

[H]F Junkie
"Now to give some "insider" information from a "benchmarking site" perspective, I would say this "pushing benchmarking sites to use it [DLSS 3.0] in comparisons with RDNA 2" would mean NVIDIA would tell reviewers like me in their Reviewers Guide "hey, DLSS 3.0 kicks ass, we think you should talk about it".

Traversal coprocessor: We have had more leaks on NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 3000 series than any family of graphics cards before it, with an interesting "traversal coprocessor" on the new GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3090 graphics cards. You can read more on that here."

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7388...uld-work-on-any-game-that-uses-taa/index.html

How much you willin to put on the line for that remark? You a bettin man?
727352e931831b4084ce39bd79bfcd2d.jpg

No more temporal antialiasing please! It's a blurry mess that hurts my eyes.

Lol, if they'd of done that in the first place where it can just run with any game it probably would have advanced at a much quicker pace. I hope it's true, and it is a post processing effect, so no reason it can't be applied by the driver after the entire frame is rendered similar to any other post processing filters. I'm just not sure what other data it uses (motion vectors?) that may not be available to a post processor if it's not added in the engine.

Back