Nvidia's GTC 2021 keynote was entirely CGI and nobody noticed

Krenum

Fully [H]
https://www.techspot.com/news/90776-nvidia-gtc-2021-keynote-entirely-cgi-nobody-noticed.html

"Mind-blowing: Nvidia has revealed that its GTC 2021 keynote that aired back in April took place entirely in the metaverse - that is, the whole thing was CGI. It was a bold move, but one that allowed Nvidia to demonstrate (if only in hindsight) just how impressive its Omniverse platform truly is."

2021-08-12-image-27.jpg

D57JClQVUAAXQB2.jpg

eh, I just figured that he had more money than most everyone watching as a result would have better quality everything inside a house and on a screen I could probably not tell the difference between a stove that cost more than my whole kitchen cost versus my stove.

a stove that cost more than my whole kitchen cost versus my stove

No worries. Asians only use the inside kitchen to show off. Nothing there's worth more than just looks. The real cooking happens in the outside kitchen.

The fridge is just for snacks and leftovers, BTW. The real fridge is in the garage.

FYI: Everyone's real fridge is in the garage.....North, South, East, West....Black, White, Asian..doesn't matter........it's also the one that doesn't have ice/water in the door, so it still actually runs and isn't a complete piece of shit.....<F U SAMSUNG! FFFFFF UUUUUU!!!!>

At face this would seem to show that video evidence is now completely worthless? But I assume fooling an analysis of the video by professionals is still way off, like decades??

I did not watch it back in April but yeah this really stands out as being CGI, a big thing to look for is the way people show facial expression and the choppy head/mouth moment.
I watched it live back in April and I did not notice at all that there was any CGI involved. Color me impressed. I would have believed that they used a green screen for the kitchen, but to find out the whole thing was virtual is quite impressive. As mentioned above there was an obsessive attention to detail that made the whole thing believable.

At face this would seem to show that video evidence is now completely worthless? But I assume fooling an analysis of the video by professionals is still way off, like decades??
I'm sure an analysis from a video forensics expert would still be able to spot it, but casual viewers will hardly notice as proven here. There was really no kind of tell in the video that with my level of observation could see that it was virtual. Like AustinW said, he was able to spot some anomalies post-facto.

From what i saw glancing over that youtube video, no way i'm watching the whole thing, he is only fake when they zoom out and he announces something. Most of him is just greenscreen.
Ah, I see. They updated the article.

https://www.techspot.com/news/90776-nvidia-gtc-2021-keynote-entirely-cgi-nobody-noticed.html

Update (Aug. 13): After this article was published, Nvidia updated its blog post with the following information: "To be sure, you can’t have a keynote without a flesh and blood person at the center. Through all but 14 seconds of the hour and 48 minute presentation — from 1:02:41 to 1:02:55 — Huang himself spoke in the keynote."

Taken word for word, the virtual Jensen was only seen on screen for 14 seconds -- and that's a portion that honestly looks less than impressive -- the rest of the time, it was himself in the flesh.

So now they've fooled us twice.

The 14s with the CGI human would not fool anyone I think, but if it get there video will become like picture, picture evidence are not worthless and convincing at glance photoshop has been here for a while.

Forensic ability to detect fake, what was the source of the picture and the credibility of it are taken into account, same will be for video, the raw data from who and where would be taken into account.

CGI that is not real-time, where you have weeks if not months to spend polishing it after-the-fact like a movie studio is not particularly impressive to me at this point and has little relevance when it comes to real-time 3D rendering (such as an interactive game).

I NOTICED!!! i made a comment about how Jensen looked off and he was either run down or fat or something but my comment was "censored" and i got in trouble. (again)

Back