Nvidias Doogie Heatpipe visits GN

ChadD

Supreme [H]ardness

This is very interesting... also hilarious seeing poor Steve get lost. emmm hmmm ah ya ya ok emhm I see ah so your saying ahhh em hm
I can just imagine the conversation with the off camera NV PR person after. I can imagine the PR guy pissing himself saying well you asked us to bring you a cooling engineer... and Steve trying to pretend he understood more then 1/4 of that conversation. lmao

Nvidia corp may be slimy but they do attract some obviously talented people.

Yeah wow...found myself jealous of that kid. Glad NVIDIA is pimping their new talent!!!

EDIT: I was eating lunch watching it and I had to shut it off because I couldn't keep up - I would have needed 100% focus lol.

...and Steve trying to pretend he understood more then 1/4 of that conversation...
Presenters have to elicit reponses that will be helpful to the viewer, not to themselves. This means they have to ask questions about basic things, even if they already understand, so that viewers don't get lost.

The very low production (like trying to be a stream with little edit, no graph, no restart and redo an unclear part, etc...) and communication skills of the expert here does hurt and do show how much of a challenge it can be.

Still extremely interesting.

Reactions: ChadD
like this
Presenters have to elicit reponses that will be helpful to the viewer, not to themselves. This means they have to ask questions about basic things, even if they already understand, so that viewers don't get lost.
No Doubt. But if you watch the entire thing there is a point where he really is just going emm hmm ahha yes ok emm hmm. I think there was an off camera NV PR guy that was finding some of the engineering speak funny.

I joke I'm sure Steve followed most of the conversation... It was just funny when the kid started getting into some of the math. Steve may understand somewhat but.. when they started driving into energy dispersal involving logs... To his credit though Doogie knew it would be over 99% of peoples heads and shortened it up. I was joking a little bit the Nvidia engineer did a pretty good job of laymen explaining a good amount of what he was talking about.

I remember when I used to do all that fun thermal engineering stuff.

Yes, we all do use the word essentially fall to much.

Back