NVIDIA's Ampere-based Quadro RTX Graphics Card Pictured

erek

[H]F Junkie
"As for specifications, "Moore's Law is Dead," shared a handful alleged specifications that include maxing out of the "GA102" silicon, with all its 42 TPCs (84 SMs) enabled, working out to 10,752 CUDA cores. As detailed in an older story about the next-gen Quadro, NVIDIA is prioritizing memory size over bandwidth, which means this card will receive 48 GB of conventional 16 Gbps GDDR6 memory across the GPU's 384-bit wide memory interface. The 48 GB is achieved using twenty four 16 Gbit GDDR6 memory chips (two chips per 32-bit wide data-path). This configuration provides 768 GB/s of memory bandwidth, which is only 8 GB/s higher than that of the GeForce RTX 3080. The release date of the next-gen Quadro RTX will depend largely on the supply of 16 Gbit GDDR6 memory chips, with leading memory manufacturers expecting 2021 shipping, unless NVIDIA has secured an early production batch."

1600862038522.png

https://www.techpowerup.com/272492/nvidias-ampere-based-quadro-rtx-graphics-card-pictured

Good to know the 3090 is almost a full chip having 10,496 cores, that's only 256 cores of room for improvement available if a Ti/Super/Titan version of GA102 are released.

The 3090 already is the Titan version renamed. There might be a ti version down the track with a full core but it will be very minor performance boosts.

As expected there will be no 48GB 3090/Titan... only Quadro...

The 3090 already is the Titan version renamed. There might be a ti version down the track with a full core but it will be very minor performance boosts.

As expected there will be no 48GB 3090/Titan... only Quadro...
The titan fit a weird no-mans land in terms what it was marketed as and what it was actually used for, I'd be happy if they let the name die.

The titan fit a weird no-mans land in terms what it was marketed as and what it was actually used for, I'd be happy if they let the name die.

Yup which is why I assumed they dropped the Titan branding for something more generic and no history behind it to try to improve sales.

They want to market the card for everyone this time around. At the same time though the 3080 is the mainstream consumer card.

The thing about this new generation is the size. I have a Quadro in my official work computer. It's like a very small tower. My home computer is twice as tall and wide.

The thing about this new generation is the size. I have a Quadro in my official work computer. It's like a very small tower. My home computer is twice as tall and wide.
Yeah this 2.7 slot thing doesn’t make me happy. Not a fan. Going to have to modify the brackets even if I LC it with that triple bracket it won’t fit in my towers.

"As for specifications, "Moore's Law is Dead," shared a handful alleged specifications that include maxing out of the "GA102" silicon, with all its 42 TPCs (84 SMs) enabled, working out to 10,752 CUDA cores. As detailed in an older story about the next-gen Quadro, NVIDIA is prioritizing memory size over bandwidth, which means this card will receive 48 GB of conventional 16 Gbps GDDR6 memory across the GPU's 384-bit wide memory interface. The 48 GB is achieved using twenty four 16 Gbit GDDR6 memory chips (two chips per 32-bit wide data-path). This configuration provides 768 GB/s of memory bandwidth, which is only 8 GB/s higher than that of the GeForce RTX 3080. The release date of the next-gen Quadro RTX will depend largely on the supply of 16 Gbit GDDR6 memory chips, with leading memory manufacturers expecting 2021 shipping, unless NVIDIA has secured an early production batch."

View attachment 281943

https://www.techpowerup.com/272492/nvidias-ampere-based-quadro-rtx-graphics-card-pictured

What a junky design. You take such an elegant piece of hardware and slap shroud over it & choke 40% of its airflow.

What a junky design. You take such an elegant piece of hardware and slap shroud over it & choke 40% of its airflow.

And the target customers give 0 shits how the product looks. Only how it performs and fulfills their needs. Keeping in mind these cards will go in servers and workstations without a million chassis fans.

When will people learn the world doesn’t revolve around gamery BS looks...

And the target customers give 0 shits how the product looks. Only how it performs and fulfills their needs. Keeping in mind these cards will go in servers and workstations without a million chassis fans.

When will people learn the world doesn’t revolve around gamery BS looks...

Exactly my point. Its form over function. Read my post again.

Back