NVIDIA's "A New Dawn" Demo Now Available

What I read when this post came up. nVidia Blah blah blah fairy boobs.

And I don't feel that I'm missing anything important. And if I see a picture of fairy boobs and nVidia is mentioned around it, I know you're talking about a tech demo.

fairy boobs indeed.

There is also a pretty interesting write up about the old dawn demo vs the new one. Things have come a long way .

Come on people, those boobs are not meant to be sexy, they ballast to level their flight!

I guess I'll try this at home. Don't know what a keplar is. Oh well. Download first and virus scan later. :eek:

Runs like crap on this asus dcu2 TOP gtx 670

Other specs: amd phenom 2 x6 1100t
8 gigs ddr3 ram
raid 1 3tb drives
Asus M5A97 mobo

To actually render and animate hair is very difficult and performance demanding. This is why in games all hair is more like "hat" then actual hair.

So nVidia = boobs and AMD = ????

AMD has Ruby but I don't think they've used her in a tech demo in awhile as well.

I know I should be impressed because the number of triangles is through the roof. But, at the same time, I'm totally unimpressed because that image looks nothing like a real fairy.

I know I should be impressed because the number of triangles is through the roof. But, at the same time, I'm totally unimpressed because that image looks nothing like a real fairy.

That's a really odd thing to read when it's being posted by someone named Stone Cold and it makes me wanna ask you what a real fairy looks like along with how you'd know. :p

Dayum! you can zoom in on those knockers! :eek: And stretch marks free Now all we need is a patch so we can get the nudes :p

is there still the commands like the old version to make her nude?

This gives my 670 FTW's in SLI a run for their money at 2560x1440, thats for sure. I actually heard the fans spin up.

It never breaks 35 FPS for me, but I have to admit it's pretty sweet looking esp if you swing the camera around to get one of the lights just behind the edges of her hair. Zooming into the hair even looks nice.

Sure it's just typical NVidia T&A eye candy, but the sheer amount of polygons is pretty insane. I stared at it in wireframe mode for a bit and it really is amazing. Wish I had the sort of skill to do that for a living.

Kinda lame...

Just goes to show that they are marketing this stuff to sophomoric losers.

I want to go back to a time when video cards weren't emblazoned with ridiculous animated "hot chicks" (or ridiculous orcs with axes either for that matter)

I preferred Dusk over Dawn since Dusk had that whole goth evil fairy thing that I thought was better. Then again, does anyone remember this hottie fron nVidia's past?
f1f9a4f6_vbattach10792.jpeg

That's a really odd thing to read when it's being posted by someone named Stone Cold and it makes me wanna ask you what a real fairy looks like along with how you'd know. :p

Everyone knows that real fairies have bigger boobs and long hair. They need bigger boobs as a counter weight to their body portion below the wing fulcrum, otherwise they'd only be able to fly backwards. And, they have long hair because they're female creatures of nature and it's natural for females to have long hair.

Everyone knows that real fairies have bigger boobs and long hair. They need bigger boobs as a counter weight to their body portion below the wing fulcrum, otherwise they'd only be able to fly backwards. And, they have long hair because they're female creatures of nature and it's natural for females to have long hair.

BIGGER BOOBS?! :eek: Have you _looked_ at Dawn? You could already suffocate livestock between those. How much more do you want?

Back