NVIDIA: We Would Like To Surprise Everyone With 7nm (GPU) Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

erek

[H]F Junkie
This article seems kinda bogus? Is it totally sensational and without substance? Clickbait? :(

"This is a pretty interesting response and many would call this a non-answer but I still found it amusing that NVIDIA highlighted their enthusiasm for surprise announcements to the extent where it is considered a perfectly acceptable response to an analyst. Interestingly, the company also mentioned that there is work that they can do on the existing 12NFF front. This is something that would have raised a lot of eyebrows considering it means that NVIDIA is genuinely considering remaining on the 12NFF node for at least one more product launch."

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-we-would-like-to-surprise-everyone-with-7nm-gpu-announcement/

Reactions: filip
like this
This article seems kinda bogus? Is it totally sensational and without substance? Clickbait? :(

"This is a pretty interesting response and many would call this a non-answer but I still found it amusing that NVIDIA highlighted their enthusiasm for surprise announcements to the extent where it is considered a perfectly acceptable response to an analyst. Interestingly, the company also mentioned that there is work that they can do on the existing 12NFF front. This is something that would have raised a lot of eyebrows considering it means that NVIDIA is genuinely considering remaining on the 12NFF node for at least one more product launch."

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-we-would-like-to-surprise-everyone-with-7nm-gpu-announcement/

We would like to surprise everyone with a 7nm launch, but we're not gonna... :p

i would like erek to surprise us with an original post/thought. the copy/paste/plagiarism is getting annoying.

i would like erek to surprise us with an original post/thought. the copy/paste/plagiarism is getting annoying.

I agree... Erek, if you could please quit your job, abandon your family. Call all these leads, attend news conferences, and build a massive network of relationships so you can post original content and stop this crap, that'd be great.

Thanks...
/s

Sarcasm aside, Erek, you're proof that not all hero's wear capes. I'd miss 1/2 these articles if it weren't for you.

all it'd take it a title he typed and a blurb he wrote. right now he is just copy/pasting content from other sites that put in the effort. yeah he's "keeping the tech news alive" but its only with straight up plagiarism. im not asking for what was sarcastically posted above just stop the copy/paste plagiarism.

all it'd take it a title he typed and a blurb he wrote. right now he is just copy/pasting content from other sites that put in the effort. yeah he's "keeping the tech news alive" but its only with straight up plagiarism. im not asking for what was sarcastically posted above just stop the copy/paste plagiarism.
...but that's not plagiarism. Plagiarism is the practice of trying to pass off someone else's work as your own. If you put the tiny excerpt in quotes and immediately credit the author and even link to their article, then how can you be trying to make people think it's your article?
All he's doing is telling us, "there's an article over there that talks about such and such. If that's something you're interested in, check it out."

All he's doing is telling us, "there's an article over there that talks about such and such. If that's something you're interested in, check it out."
and that quote is exactly all im asking for. hes not doing it. and before myself and a couple other spoke up he wasnt using quotes and half the time didnt include a link.

It would be really cool if the author / OP would just add a sentence or two giving their thought. It is then instantly a discussion, and not just a link.

...but that's not plagiarism. Plagiarism is the practice of trying to pass off someone else's work as your own.

erek copy/pastes but uses no " " marks nor gives CREDIT where it is due and that is, by definition, called "plagiarism". He posts with copy/paste as though he is the one who who created the news. Then he has posted below his posts the words "Praise the Lord!" but it does anything but praise the Lord (thou shalt not steal)

that is not what he has been posting, that's what you read into his posts.

Last edited:
Praise erek! I actually have stuff to peruse over again.
You are the map man.
Nothing like the same node for 25 generations looks like intel has competition.

erek copy/pastes but uses no " " marks nor gives CREDIT where it is due and that is, by definition, called "plagiarism". He posts with copy/paste as though he is the one who who created the news. Then he has posted below his posts the words "Praise the Lord!" but it does anything but praise the Lord (thou shalt not steal)

lironmiron does understand my intent as articulated ... what he's saying is not "reading into" my posts, but is my intent

it is a lot more time to come up with a personal blurb, so i quote the articles, but i'll work on making my own statements as well even though i don't usually have much of an opinion

it is a lot more time to come up with a personal blurb, so i quote the articles, but i'll work on making my own statements as well even though i don't usually have much of an opinion
yes it does but thats all thats needed or even put a part of it into your own words.

yes it does but thats all thats needed or even put a part of it into your own words.
it's a lot of time, like probably 2x more effort if not more, i'm splitting this effort with my day job

plus i usually don't have much of an opinion on this stuff

it's a lot of time, like probably 2x more effort if not more, i'm splitting this effort with my day job

sure erek, I understand that it's real tuff for you to giving credit where it is due by adding " " marks and referencing the work to whom it is due

Jesus Christ what a bunch of whiners lol.

just so you know, that's blasphemy :barefoot:

sure erek, I understand that it's real tuff for you to giving credit where it is due by adding " " marks and referencing the work to whom it is due

i did start adding " " marks though

HAL_404

upload_2019-12-4_20-13-44.png

Keep up the good work erek. No matter what you or anyone does - there is always someone to complain about it.

and room for learning and improvement, i was starting to express my little blurbs

All kinds of wrong in this post.

and room for learning and improvement, i was starting to express my little blurbs
Contrary to other opinions, I don’t think personal blurbs is a forum requirement or needed. The mere fact that this forum has interesting news posts in nice. You putting forth your personal time and effort to do so is appreciated. At least by me and several others. Thanks.

3356 prior posts for erek to finally make some blurps LOL
he is entitled to “no opinion”. Why can’t people just appreciate someone’s free hard work to keep this forum alive? There is always someone to ruin a good thing for everyone.

Wow we have a bunch of whiny bitches here.

What’s @erek’s opinion supposed to be? Wow this is really cool in the future like 10 times a day?

There are other sub forums you know guys. Use those.

Ya know ... actually talking about the article would make for a better thread.

I think what would surprise me more than NVIDIA moving to 7nm when their competition ahead has is if they dislodged their heads from their asses.

Reactions: erek
like this
I am excited to see the content that HAL_404 and pendragon1 start providing hardforum.

I can see the tumbleweeds already.
i would but whats the point when its already copy/pasted with no effort. you guys seem fine with the no effort spamming "because it keeps the news alive" when i think its detracting from it. the most action most of his threads get it a few people asking for some effort and you all dog piling. stolen content is not what [H] news should be about.

i would but whats the point when its already copy/pasted with no effort. you guys seem fine with the no effort spamming "because it keeps the news alive" when i think its detracting from it. the most action most of his threads get it a few people asking for some effort and you all dog piling. stolen content is not what [H] news should be about.

but you've been here since 2000, i've only been posting news for a few days. what i mean is you have plenty of opportunities

but you've been here since 2000, i've only been posting news for a few days. what i mean is you have plenty of opportunities
and whenever ive started a thread i put effort into it. you cant be bothered and said so. have at er, this is clearly pointless.

erek is not a journalist.
erek is a dude sharing stories relevant to the tech community.
if you see a thread posted by him, don't click it. It is clearly causing a lot of stress in your life.

Ya know ... actually talking about the article would make for a better thread.

I think what would surprise me more than NVIDIA moving to 7nm when their competition ahead has is if they dislodged their heads from their asses.

It's a WCCF article... there generally is not much to talk about.

Right but I don’t use wccfs crappy website so I actually legitimately appreciate these posts because they give me an ability to drive by the rumors— which is why I’m here.

If Erek starts opining about stuff it goes from being news to being opinion. He may or may not have an opinion but asking him to opinionate his posts clearly goes against the concept of a news post.

Personally, I can't keep up with all of his recent posts but kudos to him/(her?) for actually caring about populating this section.

If Erek starts opining about stuff it goes from being news to being opinion. He may or may not have an opinion but asking him to opinionate his posts clearly goes against the concept of a news post.

Personally, I can't keep up with all of his recent posts but kudos to him/(her?) for actually caring about populating this section.

And therein lays the problem. This is a discussion forum, not a news aggregate site. If you want aggregated news, go to Google News or something like that. They specifically have a tech section for tech news, if that's all you're interested in. A forum is meant for discussion, and having an opinion is almost definitely required for a discussion.

Your second comment demonstrates the problem with the amount of garbage he posts. There is almost no vetting of news articles, like this one from WCCF which is almost entirely clickbait with little substance. When there is a lot of junk, the good stuff get lost in the shuffle.

I have caught erek posting the exact same news a week apart just because a different site repeated an article. When you are posting articles with so little thought that you don't remember it a week later, it gets pretty damn close to the realm of spam.

Opinion noted; you can always report post if you feel it's in spam territory.

Just ask - we have many many spare opinions to choose from. All our opinions are equal - some just sting [H]arder than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back