NVIDIA Watercooling Warranty

Gamer237

Limp Gawd
B3DC88C2-8985-4BC9-A236-E2FBE841A43A.jpeg for all you nerds wondering if your precious GPUs are still covered by warranty if you put on a water block.
Bought a RTX 2080ti from the nvidia store and was curious if installing a water block voided my warranty so I decided to email their customer support about it.

Also on a side note I informed them that I stripped a screw on the mounting plate on the back of the card while installing the water block. And it appears that as long as the PCB itself doesn’t have any damage then you should be good.

I’m seriously impressed at Nvidias warranty coverage considering most AIB companies wouldn’t even flinch at voiding your warranty if you remove their factory coolers.

Kudos to Nvidia will definitely recommend people to buy from their store.

Now all they got left to do is sort out their shipping issues lol.

I'm still not going to buy a 2080 ti, but damn that's surprising. All other AIB I've dealt with, to a company voids the warranty the minute you replace the blower case with a WB

I'm still not going to buy a 2080 ti, but damn that's surprising. All other AIB I've dealt with, to a company voids the warranty the minute you replace the blower case with a WB

I wouldn't take that email as gospel, sometimes these support people say one thing one day and another thing another day.

Does not void warranty. Magnuson Moss Warranty Act as well as the FCC directive that came several months ago.

Back