NVIDIA wall mount PC for Maker Faire

DarthBeavis

2[H]4U
Wish I had a better name. First, I want to think the many guys out there who already did insane wall mount PCS. My number one inspiration was this build called the Recoil Machine: http://www.overclock.net/t/1467135/wall-mounted-water-cooled-pc-the-recoilmachine

Anyways, NVIDIA wanted a custom rig for Maker Faire. I proposed we do a wall mount aquarium PC like we did for the Vanilla Ice Project but time contrants would not allow that so I opted instead to do an NVIDIA-themed wall mount PC. Granted, it really was not innovative as I just took what others have done and make it green (and added current technologies and processes such as Rigid PETG tubing.

The end result turned out rather well. Primochill played a HUGE role in this project by turning my sketchup into a CNC fabbed product. I could not have pulled this off without my partner Travis Jank (V2V3). He helped me finsih it and delivered it to Maker Faire in San Mateo for NVIDIA's booth - we also worked the event for them).

Let's get started with how this happened using CAD tools:

I sent Primochill a rough drawing which they used to get formal drawings done:

f3gc.jpg
hqho.jpg

j29z.jpg

9qwo.png

j29z.jpg

cqgm.jpg

6t58.jpg

v4e9.jpg

jr5t.jpg

Lots of back and forth on the design part.

Once we agreed to the design, Primochill used a CNC router to great the mounting panel out of MDF:

boio.jpg

Now to get it all laid out:

rdrz.jpg

tvnl.jpg

I bought hex mesh and had it powdercoated green and paid it on top of a layer of carbon vinyl film. Loved the effect
7re1v.jpg

0m40.jpg

rz00.jpg

8ore.jpg

I used a plunge router to route out paths for flexible 5050 led strips under each acrylic piece so they would light up. here are lit pics before we packed it up to take to Maker Faire (we finish it on site):

m9to.jpg

mjw77.jpg

vdfr5.jpg

1rad.jpg

f9ae.jpg

sn36.jpg

bfay6.jpg

Pix of it setup (we are making changes for V2.0 which will be on display at QuakeCon and PAX Prime)

xxrh.jpg

cde6d.jpg

r6vw.jpg

jn002.jpg

iiy8.jpg

The hardware was part of a New Egg bundle so I did not get to choose it. The tubing was a rushed job: We had a few hours to get it done and drive it 9 hours to the Maker Faire. Good eye. The project ended up with maybe one week total build time which ended up being a couple days in actuality, I spent much of my time getting Queen of Blades ready including polishing tons of EK blocks then they said Queen of Blades was not needed as they added that awesome Pavum Titanfall build instead. I am redoing the tube runs that are off before I take it to QuakeCon.

Back