Nvidia Unveils 75W Tesla T4

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Nvidia revealed the Turing Powered Tesla T4 in an announcement today. The Tesla T4 features 2560 CUDA cores and 16GB of memory with an effective bandwidth of 320 GB/s. With no display outputs and passive cooling, Nvidia is marketing the T4 as an AI inferencing card for data centers, and say it offers a peak formance of 8.1 teraflops for FP32, 65 teraflops for FP16,130 teraflops for INT8, and 260 teraflops for INT4. Nvidia squeezes all that into a 75W TDP, which means the card can be powered by a PCIe slot alone.

NVIDIA estimates that the AI inference industry is poised to grow in the next five years into a $20 billion market.

I can see it now. People find out these are great for mining and will start ripping them out of people's Tesla's.

I can see it now. People find out these are great for mining and will start ripping them out of people's Tesla's.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMOdcsMBrWQzCgT6XiS6rihewxg1OyfdR6tKIQRHx85f0CjQtXSw.jpg

while I welcome this collaboration between Tesla and Nvidia, I think this will eventually be used for mining, a second card for ray tracing and maybe with the correct adapter and DAC it can be used to maximize audio performance.

How much $$$$

Does it trace rays? If so how well? Will it butter my bread, make my pron more 'real' or do other tricks?

It is named HAL?

Did I miss any other obvious cheap shots?

How much $$$$

Does it trace rays? If so how well? Will it butter my bread, make my pron more 'real' or do other tricks?

It is named HAL?

Did I miss any other obvious cheap shots?

There's no mention of RTX cores, but I assume it has them. Could be disabled though.

So Skynet AI is still 1996 generations away until the T4 becomes the T2000? Whew. We got lots of time till nVidia develops the hardware to power it.

Holy shit, 2560 CUDA cores at 75W? Is it 7nm??

I'm betting cut RTX 2080, with the RT unit disabled. Just eying the specs, they also cut the Tensors almost in half, and likely downclocked it 10% That should easily get the TDP below the 75w mark (RT is power-hungry).

Or it could be an early release of the RTX 2060, which shouldn't ship with RT unit, and would probably have half the tensors. But the Cuda core count is pretty damn high for a midrange card, so it's unlikely.

Back