NVIDIA Ultimate Holiday Bundle: Get $100 Off SHIELD and 3 Free Games

HardOCP News

[H] News
It’s that time again. Time for a taste of the best that gaming has to offer with our Ultimate Holiday Bundle. Grab a qualifying GeForce GTX graphics card and a SHIELD, and you’ll instantly get $100 off and up to three of this holiday’s biggest PC games. For more details, take a look here. Each game in our bundle takes full advantage of the extreme performance offered by the latest NVIDIA-powered graphics cards, letting you enjoy them at the highest resolutions and settings.

Play on your PC, or stream these games wirelessly to SHIELD with our revolutionary GameStream technology. You can even put these games on your high-definition TV with SHIELD Console Mode. Already own one of our latest graphics cards? Then you’ve already got what you need to get the most out of SHIELD. Pick one up for $50 off the retail price from the NVIDIA online store.

Isn't this the same bundle they were giving away since last month?

I think the difference is this time you can get that bundle with just the purchase of the Shield without a graphics card purchase.

Still says you need to buy a GTX graphics card to get the bundle. Just buying a shield is $50 off, not $100.

Still don't understand why I'd want shield.

Kids.

Now I can play my favorite PC games in the same room as my kid while she plays or watches a movie.

Sure its not the same as gaming on a big display but it is a happy medium.

Also while traveling I like gaming on the Shield compared to my tablet.

Great little unit, its solid. Borderlands 2 or fully modded Skyrim on my couch is epic.

I purchased a shield from Fry's here in Seattle a few days ago. While the technology is cool, I still can't get past a small screen. I returned the unit yesterday.

From the fine print:

"Discount will be applied at point of sale by select retailer."

Just FYI. Have to buy them together to get the $100 off, don't expect a coupon in the mail.

I ended up returning the one I got on Cyber Monday from MC too. It was too heavy for long term play and got quite uncomfortable after 45 min or so. I just couldn't play BL2 with the console controls, it was far too painful. That and having to leave my PC unlocked was a non-starter. I also had to disable my dedicated 560 PhysX card to even get it to recognize my system was compatible.

Maybe after a few revisions they'll get it right. It does have a lot of potential, but just isn't there yet.

As for the deal, I bought a 770GTX on Halloween and Microcenter screwed me out of the Batman coupon. They said they hadn't received any of them yet when I purchased, but would hold one when they came in. When I was told they were in I drove out to get it and they had already given them all out with just a "sorry, while supplies last only BS". Considering I was one of the first to buy under the promo and had made a separate trip out there I was quite pissed off. They also had no idea about the $100 for the shield, which is only good at time of purchase for the card apparently.

There is a Asus MemoPad 7 under the tree for my son.
Not the hottest graphics wise, but no slouch either.
Best thing is there are emulators for Android now. Lite gaming for F R E E.
Really light on ole dad's pocket compared to consoles.
We laugh at consoles! HA HA!!!!

I don't really want a Shield, but I would love to be able to stream Civ V and other games to my big screen in the living room in 1080p over my lan from my gaming PC. I wonder if this will ever be a reality for the masses....

Grr missed it by 5 days. Gtx 770 is being delivered tomorrow.

You should have still gotten the games at least if you ordered from a participatingretailer. This promotion has been running since the end of October.

I don't really want a Shield, but I would love to be able to stream Civ V and other games to my big screen in the living room in 1080p over my lan from my gaming PC. I wonder if this will ever be a reality for the masses....

MadCatz is going to be selling a PC streaming device that operates similar to the SHIELD but in a portable box form with wireless controller.

Isn't this the same bundle they were giving away since last month?

Previously only the GTX 770 and higher qualified for all 3 games and $100 off shield. Perhaps with how it is phrased it expands further down the lineup. Previously the GTX 760 was 2 games + $50 off and the even lower GTX cards were $75 of credit in some f2p games.

Back