Nvidia to unleash new GTX 560 Ti (448 Core)

Lord_Exodia

Supreme [H]ardness
Hot off the presses it looks like nvidia is planning a new revised GTX 560Ti based on the GF110 core which will be a GTX 570 with 1SM disabled.

I have mixed feelings but will reserve my final opinion until the final specs are leaked.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidia-preparing-revised-gtx-560-ti/13805.html

I'm wondering if this gpu will release with 1.25GB or 1GB, also how much slower than a GTX 570 it'll be. As many know a GTX 560 Ti can overclock to GTX 570 stock speeds fairly easy at around 950-975mhz core speed. If these GF110 based cards dont overclock as well it may be a pointless upgrade compared to a standard GTX 560 Ti and kind of a non overclockers higher end GTX 560 Ti. Anyone who knows how to overclock can make this card pointless if it isn't a overclocking monster itself.

Again I'm going to reserve my final opinion until more details are leaked. But if it isn't a great overclocker it'll be similar to releasing the GTX 465 months after the GTX 460 1GB and 768 Release. That would have been a pointless release and I'm hoping this is not headed down that type of path.

I hate when they name different cards the same thing.

They love doing it though. They'll name cards with entirely different specs the same thing, yet cards that are essentially identical will get entirely new names. Bewildering.

If this is true ,I bet they are going to release a gtx575 2.5gb and gtx585 3gb also.
Sounds intresting, a gtx560ti (448 core) 1.25gb, gtx575 2.5gb and gtx585 3gb with higher clocks and the same power consumption.

If this card releases, its perfect for my system.

So there will be 3 different 560s. Way to confuse and cause buying mistakes when they could have named it 565 or something. Still not as bad as AMD releasing cut down 6800 series with less shaders than 5800 series. That was downright deceptive.

That new GTX 560 Ti 448 Core should have been named the GTX 570 LE.

So there will be 3 different 560s. Way to confuse and cause buying mistakes when they could have named it 565 or something. Still not as bad as AMD releasing cut down 6800 series with less shaders than 5800 series. That was downright deceptive.

LOL, you do know that the Barts GPUs are way better than the Evergreen shaders, right?

Anyways, nVidia is releasing a 1gb gtx 470 with this gimmick.

Unless I missed it in the link, how long is the delay usually for nvidia between announcement and release?

here we go again with the whole GTX 260/gtx 260 216 core fiasco.. nvidia never learns do they.

LOL, you do know that the Barts GPUs are way better than the Evergreen shaders, right?

Its using a gf110 chip it will be 1.25gb, 2.5gb, same as a gtx570, 1gb is impossible with a 320 bit chip.

Like I said, if they are raising the bar with the gtx560, it usually means we will see a new gtx570 and 580, probrobly a faster gtx 575 and 585.

Barts shaders are Vliw5. Same as on cypress. They get higher performance per die area because of aggressive stock clocks. Only caymen are using the more efficient Vliw4 architecture.

Rumors of a redone dual gpu card are also floating around and something about that is supposed to also leak this week.

Also I've heard rumblings about 28nm refresh of fermi 2.0 and have been told by someone I have on the inside that these will not be desktop parts. These will be mobile parts as they do not appear on a discrete card roadmap they have available. The gpu's are being redone @ 28nm to make them more compelling to land more mobile contracts especially with apple and ultra book developers such as sony. As many know TSMC has gotten 28nm working beautifully. Supposedly mobile parts will be from the GT 530 up to the GTX 550 Ti redone @ 28nm with much better power consumption and thermals. These chips will also favor faster memory usage and lower clocks to keep them cool and stable in even ultrabook environments.
When TSMC finalizes HPM (high performance mobile) the high end chips may also debut on the mobile form factor including up to GTX 580 and even a rumored dual core 28nm GTX 590.
My contact assured me that Kepler will be next on nvidia's discrete roadmap and not to expect any 28nm fermi discrete add in card refreshes in between that will further delay kepler. Kepler current ETA Q1 2012.

Don't ask me to reveal my source as I will not do that. Just relaying the information to you guys as I've done in the past. Choose whether you want to believe it or not.

Barts shaders are Vliw5. Same as on cypress. They get higher performance per die area because of aggressive stock clocks. Only caymen are using the more efficient Vliw4 architecture.

No, you are wrong. Barts is different internally. It's still vliw5 but you get really close performance with much less shaders.

Rumors of a redone dual gpu card are also floating around and something about that is supposed to also leak this week.

Also I've heard rumblings about 28nm refresh of fermi 2.0 and have been told by someone I have on the inside that these will not be desktop parts. These will be mobile parts as they do not appear on a discrete card roadmap they have available. The gpu's are being redone @ 28nm to make them more compelling to land more mobile contracts especially with apple and ultra book developers such as sony. As many know TSMC has gotten 28nm working beautifully. Supposedly mobile parts will be from the GT 530 up to the GTX 550 Ti redone @ 28nm with much better power consumption and thermals. These chips will also favor faster memory usage and lower clocks to keep them cool and stable in even ultrabook environments.
When TSMC finalizes HPM (high performance mobile) the high end chips may also debut on the mobile form factor including up to GTX 580 and even a rumored dual core 28nm GTX 590.
My contact assured me that Kepler will be next on nvidia's discrete roadmap and not to expect any 28nm fermi discrete add in card refreshes in between that will further delay kepler. Kepler current ETA Q1 2012.

Don't ask me to reveal my source as I will not do that. Just relaying the information to you guys as I've done in the past. Choose whether you want to believe it or not.

Pfft, all you did was repeat known rumors.

Pfft, all you did was repeat known rumors.

Agreed except that until I posted that noone knew that the 28nm fermi refreshes were mobile only Many thought (myself included) that there was going to be a fermi 28nm refresh on the desktop side before kepler. Kepler is coming up next on the desktop side, 28nm fermi is targeted for mobile and ultrabooks. Some may have known this but I sure didn't as I haven't seen any leaks up until now that confirm what I'm saying. ;)

Agreed except that until I posted that noone knew that the 28nm fermi refreshes were mobile only Many thought (myself included) that there was going to be a fermi 28nm refresh on the desktop side before kepler. Kepler is coming up next on the desktop side, 28nm fermi is targeted for mobile and ultrabooks. Some may have known this but I sure didn't as I haven't seen any leaks up until now that confirm what I'm saying. ;)

I have read everything you mentioned before.

I've been looking at picking up a 570 but they are still to pricey for me. Maybe this will be my card. Glad I've waited.

Some more differences between GF110 and GF114 come to mind:
  • GF110 supports Tri-SLI/Quad-SLI
  • It has higher double-precision performance per clock
  • It supports DirectCompute 2.0 vs. 2.1 on the GF114

Haven't LE cards historically been worse than the standard cards?

Edit...nvm I thought he wrote 560 LE.

Last edited:
I know GF114 can use bitstream for HD audio over HDMI and the GF110 can't. Is there anything else?

And to me besides gaming is my second most priority since I watch blu-ray movies on my computer. I need a Nvidia card that can do that. I am still waiting for a high end Nvidia card for my Dell U2711 monitor.

Haven't LE cards historically been worse than the standard cards?

This is going to be worse than a GTX 570, so that would make sense.

I agree that a GTX 570LE would probably be the best name for this.. even better than GTX 565.

As a perspective GTX560 buyer in the next few days, damn this is confusing......I thyink I may just stick with a vanilla 560, and get 2 of them for SLI and be done with it!

So now it's 560Ti-384 and 560Ti-448? But will they spring a surprise shrink with the latter ...

Seems like a repeat of the 460 scenario where I found it so confusing I was glad the gpu finally retired.

It's designed to be confusing, such that people spend more 'just in case'. Trouble is, that does often end up with people needlessly getting slow hardware for the same price as better cards. The low-end segment is the worst for this. The GT240 is much better than the GT440, which is basically the same as a GT430.

Someone could take a look at the .inf from the just released driver and see if a new card is listed.

Well shoot my old 8800gtx gave up the ghost a few days ago so I just had ordered a EVGA SuperClocked GTX 560ti. Ah well at least it's one of the higher default clock speed ones.

Sounds like they want to catch a quick holiday buck before the new year, and this is a quick easy way to do so...

So I suppose this will mean a price drop sooner or later for the current stock of 560Tis.

When do you guys think this price drop will come? Short term (i.e. a week or two) or medium term (i.e. just before Christmas)?

So now it's 560Ti-384 and 560Ti-448? But will they spring a surprise shrink with the latter ...

Doubt it.

This is almost certainly a cost-cutting measure.

nVidia is making GeForce 570s, and surely every GPU they press doesn't work flawlessly. If even only one SM is down...have to chuck it.

With this part, they can now sell the GPUs with a broken SM as a '560 Ti' and increase margins.

Back