Nvidia to demonstrate Kepler at PDXLAN this Friday

IMO you should stop making rumors about new video cards being announced at gaming events. I don't care about PDXLAN or PAX EAst.

I agree. Kelper can be announced at anytime, not just at gaming events. Nvidia is going for a hard launch, no white paper, so the wait will be until they're ready to ship.
We could be waiting until mid-April to hear anything official.

But, like i said, its just like Borderlands (which I feel will go down as a definite favorite among most people that have played it and liked it)... But, way better... :D

I'm glad they didn't change much. IMHO, Crysis 2 was a BIG change in game-play and platform release, compared to its first release, which in turn made it a flop. WE ALL can easily assume that Borderlands 2 will be a multi-platform game, so there will be no surprises there on release... Like the ones mentioned.

Was it gameplay footage? BL is my #1 played game so I have high hopes for BL2.

Crysis 2 was good. Sheople bandwagoned against it, what else is new?

Crysis 2 was pretty much a disappointment, if you play through the entire game the storyline is stupid and the action is bland, because you're fighting the same aliens with non existent AI. Crysis 1 is better in every way.

The graphics are great though I guess

Crysis 2 was good. Sheople bandwagoned against it, what else is new?

What?!?!?!?! Crysis 2 would have been good if the name was..mmmm...Call of Crysis? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But, you see, Crytek released....
-Farcry: astounding game with decent IA, superb graphics and an open world.
-Crysis: massive graphics, massive open world and a benchmark for many years (and fun, VERY fun).
-Crysis 2: scripted game, with no open world, graphics not even on par with Crysis and...and......a game suggesting a 2nd part that wasn't?!?!?!

Seriously, Crysis 2, compared to Crysis, was a flop. You can't argue this because the game needed so many cuts in order to make it fit for consoles that that is what you get. Had it been a pc only game I'm sure the game would have been in an entire city and you'd have gotten much more actions because it was nothing else than a "Doom-like" game with a false sense of openness because you could see the sky.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

What?!?!?!?! Crysis 2 would have been good if the name was..mmmm...Call of Crysis? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

-Crysis: massive graphics, massive open world and a benchmark for many years (and fun, VERY fun).
-Crysis 2: scripted game, with no open world, graphics not even on par with Crysis and...and......a game suggesting a 2nd part that wasn't?!?!?!

Seriously, Crysis 2, compared to Crysis, was a flop. You can't argue this because the game needed so many cuts in order to make it fit for consoles that that is what you get. Had it been a pc only game I'm sure the game would have been in an entire city and you'd have gotten much more actions because it was nothing else than a "Doom-like" game with a false sense of openness because you could see the sky.

Add to the list Far Cry 2--not a Crytek product, I know, and not a true sequel either, I knew that going in, but yeesh.

I'm playing through it now. Close to the end game. Constantly degrading weapons (a bit of "realism" I just don't need), constantly respawning enemies (loved that, except in a few cases, Far Cry 1 would let you "clear a level"), and there is no way to play the game as a "good" guy.

Just shows that you have never played the game. Maybe your blind, if not your just going with the bandwagon. Fire up Crysis 1, then fire up Crysis 2 with the High Res texture pack, DX11 and everything maxed. Then tell me it looks worse. There are so many parts in Crysis 1 that look like shit now, Crysis Warhead is the worst when it comes to the ground, looks atrocious(I don't know why they screwed that up, the rest looks fine though)

I agree with him. I won't say crysis 1 looks better, but crysis 2 is not a real improvement. The outdoor foliage in crysis 1 was outstanding, and the environments were way more interesting.

To say that crysis 2 looks way better than crysis 1 is just incorrect. They're pretty close. Gameplay wise, crysis 1 is WAY BETTER.

I don't even play Borderlands and the video we saw here made it look very awesome.

I'm sorry I wrongly predicted they would show keplar here. That was the rumor I heard....

I'm only guessing at this point they might say something at PAX East April 6-8th. That's the next big event to make an announcement. There is also computex but I don't think they would announce keplar there....

PAX East is a possibility because it coincides with the rumors floating around that say April release for Keplar....

The 7990 is set to release in April too which is the card I'm really waiting for.

now it is pax east? this is like your 4th prediction, one of them is bound to be right....

like they are ever going to say. Yeh lets loose the site and our jobs and get sued:rolleyes:

like they are ever going to say. Yeh lets loose the site and our jobs and get sued:rolleyes:

U no like green apples?

dBsKJ.jpg

Hopefully is more than a weak 660 or even 670. NV needs to pull something out of their hat already and surprise everyone. Wishful thinking I know.

:eek::eek::eek:

So, anyone knows typically how many months ahead do the company starts sending out these info to reviewers :D

Typically a few weeks... if they're feeling nice (often shorter). Doesn't mean that's the case here, of course, though.

before everyone goes all crazy again, how do you know he is talking about the gk104? isnt there a rumored to be a 560se about to be released?

Kyle probably means he got Nvidia to give him a notice of when to expect the cards. Which is awesome as it means Nvidia will start showing the card off!?

Kyle probably means he got Nvidia to give him a notice of when to expect the cards. Which is awesome as it means Nvidia will start showing the card off!?

That's my assumption as well. Guess Elmy was about right on the timing, after all! ;)

That's my assumption as well. Guess Elmy was about right on the timing, after all! ;)

You know what happens when you assume, especially when you assume based off someone who has been wrong what, 4 times now?

NV probably said something because it's awful for someone with as many readers as [H] to be running around saying anything that can compete with 7970 isn't coming out until june or later.

Those rumors of GK104 being between 7950 and GTX 580 aren't good. It's possible that means it's actually slower than a GTX 580, because there are times where 7950 loses to a GTX 580 (like starcraft 2). Even then the difference between 7950 and GTX 580 when the 7950 is winning isn't much, it's normally around 10% or so.

It's going to be interesting to see if GK104 overclocks as much as Tahiti does. If it doesn't, NV is going to have a big problem on their hands. An OCed 7970 will end up being over 30% faster than GK104 if it really fit between 7950 and GTX 580.

You know what happens when you assume, especially when you assume based off someone who has been wrong what, 4 times now?

The assumption is off of the posts by Kyle. The comment about Elmy was seperate. Not sure where your 4x comes from, either.

NV probably said something because it's awful for someone with as many readers as [H] to be running around saying anything that can compete with 7970 isn't coming out until june or later.

Those rumors of GK104 being between 7950 and GTX 580 aren't good. It's possible that means it's actually slower than a GTX 580, because there are times where 7950 loses to a GTX 580 (like starcraft 2). Even then the difference between 7950 and GTX 580 when the 7950 is winning isn't much, it's normally around 10% or so.

It's going to be interesting to see if GK104 overclocks as much as Tahiti does. If it doesn't, NV is going to have a big problem on their hands. An OCed 7970 will end up being over 30% faster than GK104 if it really fit between 7950 and GTX 580.

Good thing they said something though. One person you want to keep your promises to is kyle, imagine the amount if backlash and bad press if they dont do what they said.

Except that, naming aside, this is the spiritual successor to the GTX 560 (or Ti), so there will presumably be two higher cards based off GK110 coming at some point. If their third-place single chip card can compete with AMD's second-place single chip card then I imagine Nvidia will be happy.

Except that, naming aside, this is the spiritual successor to the GTX 560 (or Ti), so there will presumably be two higher cards based off GK110 coming at some point. If their third-place single chip card can compete with AMD's second-place single chip card then I imagine Nvidia will be happy.

Where are you getting two higher bins from?

http://www.guru3d.com/news/geforce-gtx-670-ti-now-in-march-/

As the nomenclature suggests, GK104 / GTX 670 Ti is more of a successor to the GF114 / GTX 560 Ti

The only room they have is for a GTX 680 and a dual GPU GTX 690. I'm also unsure if you're unaware of this but 7950 is not the second place chip, it's the third. There is GK104 and GK100/GK110, and there's there two Tahitis. Then there are dual chip cards from both teams (probably).

They changed the naming scheme as AMD did with Cayman. GTX670 is the chip that should be called 660. So there will be GK110 and GK110 salvage part - as always.

I'm also unsure if you're unaware of this but 7950 is not the second place chip, it's the third.

What is the second-place chip?

So far I see 7970, 7950...?

He also said "single chip card" so 7990 doesn't count.

What is the second-place chip?

So far I see 7970, 7950...?

He also said "single chip card" so 7990 doesn't count.

Yeah, and my point is that GK104 is NV's second place single GPU option too. Unless I'm mistaken but there is no GK103/GK102/GK101.

Yeah, and my point is that GK104 is NV's second place single GPU option too. Unless I'm mistaken but there is no GK103/GK102/GK101.

I guess I'm confused about what you're saying. You just said the 7950 was the "third" but now you're saying the GK104 is "NV's second place option too".

I think the point others are trying to make is that the GK104 is likely going to be the third option behind two GK110s, kind of like the current 500 series offerings. The 560 Ti is a GF114 whereas the 570 and 580 are both GF110 parts.

And actually, the third place Tahiti chip will likely be a 7890 or something similar.

Back