NVIDIA TITAN Xp Introduced as “World's Most Powerful Graphics Card”

Why would you want two of anything these days? MultiGPU gaming is as good as dead it seems. They don't even support it with new releases.
I think the "golden days" of CF/SLI are over, but that is hardly a nail in the coffin either. Once VR shakes out, multi-GPU might just be a thing again soon.

So we were all expecting this to come out eventually right? Did anybody actually believe the Titan X (Pascal) had the full chip?
It was stablished since it was first announced that the titan X (pascal) had 1 SM disabled. The full chip first appeared with the Quadro P6000

Yeah, that naming convention is just a little annoying. Internet may have only unofficially been calling the Titan X Pascal, Titan XP, but it was all that was discerning it between Maxwell.

"I just got a Titan X!"
"Oh, which one? Titan XM, XP or XPP?"

/faceplam

At first I was like, this is kinda dumb, who would buy it.

Then I was like, mmm I hope its 35% faster than my Titan X.

Then I realized, I would buy this.

I was about to get pissed at Nvidia... I just bought this damn 1080 Ti... but then I remembered that I don't like spending $1200 for GPUs. So all good. One 1080 Ti will suit me just fine.

Hell, it's not like I play anything worth spending that much cash on anyway. The 1080 Ti is probably extreme overkill for the sh*t I play.

But I guess I should turn in my Enthusiast card soon. Didn't do water cooling with this build. No crossfire or SLI, either. And didn't even buy the fastest card on the market. For shame!

Same core clock speed as a Ti with about 7% more cores and about 13% more memory bandwidth. So depending on the cooling profile for the card, it should give about 10% more frames per second than a Ti presuming both cards average the same sustained amount over boost while under prolonged load right?

I was about to get pissed at Nvidia... I just bought this damn 1080 Ti... but then I remembered that I don't like spending $1200 for GPUs. So all good. One 1080 Ti will suit me just fine.

We just all have the bug, wanting the latest and greatest but the wallet is weak. Unless you're just trying to blow up 4k, a "lowly" 1080 will do nicely for the next year. But yeah, sucks that it's not the fastest.

We just all have the bug, wanting the latest and greatest but the wallet is weak. Unless you're just trying to blow up 4k, a "lowly" 1080 will do nicely for the next year. But yeah, sucks that it's not the fastest.

Wallet is no problem. I've got the money. But I'm a stingy old bastard these days, and it's just hard to justify sh*t like that when most of the games I play are older or not particularly GPU bound. That and I still play in 1080p. Really, I could have bought a 1070 and it would have been enough. But the 1080 Ti was damned sexy.

I still don't regret my Titan Pascal's.

Between gaming performance and how fast they encode video with CUDA.... I'm still a happy gamer. :)

Anyone foolish or wealthy enough to buy this, I don't want to hear any whining when they surprise release Volta in six months and give you the weenie again.

Seriously though, they are really taking a piss on Pitan buyers here. They should really offer you guys a step up or trade in..something.

Anyone foolish or wealthy enough to buy this, I don't want to hear any whining when they surprise release Volta in six months and give you the weenie again.

Seriously though, they are really taking a piss on Pitan buyers here. They should really offer you guys a step up or trade in..something.

Why? I knew what I was getting last summer, pretty sure we all did.

Volta is not coming in six months. Also people do as they wish with their money, and finally people use PC for work as well. If buying for CUDA performance, you're not worried about what's coming next.

Wallet is no problem. I've got the money. But I'm a stingy old bastard these days, and it's just hard to justify sh*t like that when most of the games I play are older or not particularly GPU bound. That and I still play in 1080p. Really, I could have bought a 1070 and it would have been enough. But the 1080 Ti was damned sexy.

1080p with a 1080 Ti is seriously underutilizing that card. I know you get that but I just don't think you get the same enjoyment out these top Pascal cards at that resolution. They really were meant for more.

Volta is not coming in six months. Also people do as they wish with their money, and finally people use PC for work as well. If buying for CUDA performance, you're not worried about what's coming next.

I'm guessing nVidia is done for the year at the top end. I mean unless Vega is just all that it's almost a bad idea for nVidia to push much else, and that's from the consumer side.

I'm guessing nVidia is done for the year at the top end. I mean unless Vega is just all that it's almost a bad idea for nVidia to push much else, and that's from the consumer side.

Volta will probably appear early 2018, with the titan version in the summer at some point. Just a guess with no information to back it, seems reasonable though.

What the hell are you driving with a monthly payment that is $1200? GT-R? Z06? Viper?

Well optioned 911 4S. You should know that, we like each other's comments enough to be internet buddies by now. :-p

Altima. He was real upside down on his trade.
That's what happens when you trade this for an Altima ;)

tuk-tuk-7.jpg

Obviously anyone seriously considering dropping $1200 is going to be crystal clear on exactly what they're buying, but the Titan brand definitely has some non-intuitive naming issues.

In they don't want to go with model #s, they should just stick the release year on the end. This would be the Titan 2017. Boom, done. :)

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, nvidia can call these cards what ever they want, but it seems they have naming issues at the moment. Is this the Titan Xp or is this the Titan XP, is it the 1080 T.I. or 1080 Tie? Either way it's their card system, but it's starting to get .... Muddied at the top lol.

(Btw, I am the proud owner of a radeon r9 390 in one machine and a 1080 ti Armor Edition card in the other, so definitely not an amd or nvidia fan boy or anything, I just go with what I like at the time)

nVidia hired the same marketing company that names Windows versions.

fyi, here's the official names of the titans for anybody who doesn't have it memorized. oldest to newest.

GeForce GTX TITAN
GeForce GTX TITAN Black
GeForce GTX TITAN Z
GeForce GTX TITAN X
NVIDIA TITAN X
NVIDIA TITAN Xp

Titan X (Pascel) owners must be pissed!! Not only does the ti beat their card, but a new titan Pascel actually called the Titan Xp. So....

if Vega beats that does that mean we will get a Titan XXX two weeks later?

Titan X (Pascel) owners must be pissed!! Not only does the ti beat their card, but a new titan Pascel actually called the Titan Xp. So....

Overclocked to overclocked the 1080Ti and Titan perform identically. The 1080ti is only faster stock-to stock.

I was planning on upgrading to a 1080ti from my Pascal Titan, but after overclocking results came in, I realized it was pointless and decided to just keep it.

Personally I am not pissed. I got several months of top end performance I otherwise would not have had, and still have a pretty damned fast card I can sell to pay for a Titan Xp upgrade if I decide to do so.

Question is, does the existing EK Titan X water block fit this new card.

Last edited:
waiting for "item has shipped" email...with any luck arrival will be tomorrow...sold 2 Evga gtx1080 founders to offset half of the cost

It beats a stock card... not a watercooled one

The Titan XP is always faster with a better cooler.

It beats a stock card... not a watercooled one

The Titan XP is always faster with a better cooler.

I think any differences you see between 1080ti and Pascal Titan max overclocks on water are more down to silicon lottery than they are any appreciable differences between the two.

I have a Pascal Titan on water. It never exceeds 34C at full load overclocked, but I can also never get it to go above 2063Mhz.

You should bet against me when it comes to my Nvdia predictions.. my last 2 have sucked!!

On March 10, I predicted the next Titan would appear not until September 26.. and

on January 10, I thought the card after the 1080 would be this..

nvidia_1080_Ti_T.jpg

I need to stop predicting things on the 10th!!

I think any differences you see between 1080ti and Pascal Titan max overclocks on water are more down to silicon lottery than they are any appreciable differences between the two.

I have a Pascal Titan on water. It never exceeds 34C at full load overclocked, but I can also never get it to go above 2063Mhz.

Not really, the Titan XP still has more of its GPU unlocked compared to the 1080Ti... Clock for clock the Titan XP always has the edge, the only thing that put the 1080Ti ahead is the better air cooler and NVIDIA allowing it to boost higher out of the box.

Their naming scheme needs some help on the super high end, but depending on the performance it makes sense from a lot of angles.

Their card line up is up and down through all price ranges very powerful (the 480 isnt bad but...) With little competition they can afford to put out a ton of models to fill every range in the market and increase their share quite a lot. Since AMD has been so damned tight lipped on their high end Vega solution people are easily swayed by really good cards that they can actually buy.

This way when Vega launches, success or not they undermine AMD's options since a lot of folks (myself included) are not going to go drop money on another card for many years. If Vega is awesome NVidia can just not continue certain model ranges focusing on a few price points and keep hammering at AMD. If Vega flops, they are already positioned and working to try and completely dominate the market.

Likewise it puts their highest end card potentially back on top without having to really invest much in their R&D and marketing for the next generation. They can coast through the summer and see what AMD brings to the table so they can tweak and respond quickly and easily. (I would surmise.)

Back