Nvidia Titan V CEO Edition Boasts 32 GB of HBM2 for Neural Nets

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang surprised everyone yesterday with an announcement of a new Titan V CEO Edition with 32Gb of HBM2. He gave 20 of these away to researchers at the Computer Video and Pattern Recognition Conference, but didn't say when more would be available or how much they would cost. However, he did say more will be given away in the future. I know some of you wouldn't mind a little more e-peen, but this is a limited edition and I wouldn't count on getting one anytime soon. With that said, I'd be more than happy to take one off of his hands if he has a couple of extras to give away.

The larger pool of HBM2 memory is likely to be a boon for deep-learning researchers who have large data sets to crunch but don't need the NVLink interconnect or professional drivers of the Quadro card.

Presumably you could put a down payment on a house with how much this will cost if it goes to retail at some point.

man.. that would have been nice to get one of those as a gift. good for them

If the story yesterday of them having 300k excess inventory is true we won't be seeing anything new for a while yet anyway. :cautious:

Well hell, why not? What is one more solution for the one percenters?

Lame, don't even really know if i'd be interested in collecting this one... sigh

That's been my one complaint with my 1080Ti, simply not enough ram for some tasks. I'd save my pennies and nickels for this card if they release it to the public.

Neural Nets?...

pu-is-a-neural-net-processor-a-learning-computer-the-more-contact-i-have-with-humans-the-more-i-.jpg

So, i think it should be called the LTEC Edition... Let Them Eat Cake. .. in any case, and in looking at the gaming review of the titan V, what is preventing AMD from making a Vega 128 with more Stream processor and all that jazz.. heat? Power? I guess?

AMD: All 20 winners are eligible to trade up for AMD's VEGA Frontier Edition!

Nvidia: :facepalm:

(In all seriousness I love AMD, I just wish their GPUs were competing like their cpus are right now)

Back