NVIDIA TITAN V $3000

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
NVIDIA TITAN V - THE MOST POWERFUL PC GPU EVER CREATED - NVIDIA TITAN V is the most powerful graphics card ever created for the PC, driven by the world’s most advanced architecture—NVIDIA Volta. NVIDIA’s supercomputing GPU architecture is now here for your PC, and fueling breakthroughs in every industry. $ 2,999.00 - Free Shipping - Limit 2 per customer

Video, spec, and pics on News Page.

Next day AM delivery is only $50
titan.jpg

that is actually pretty cheap for next day air. wish i could say the same about the cards.

$3000 bucks for a video card... That is just crazy.

Its cheap being a full GV100 even with the fancy tensor cores... this is the equivalent of AMD VEGA frontier but at another level of compute performance... in six months we will have the cheap consumer edition, still.. being a full GV100 chip, it's actually cheap. This card will be selling as hotcakes.

Actually they did what TITAN was supposed to always be, a prosumer GPU.. I think looking at that way, they returned to their origins with this titan. And that's I think what the rumored Ampere may be, a modified Volta without the fancy compute tech and without tensor cores.

Last edited:
Fully enabled core but with 3/4 the memory bandwidth. That might slow performance a bit there.

That screams a failed HBM2 stack,.

And the significantly lower core clock seems tom indicate reject cores there as well.

Yes but also consider it's a 250W gpu not a 300W as the tesla. Also the tesla goes over 10.000$, This at 3.000 offering similar performance it' a bargain actually... you overclock the hell out of TITAN V and you may will be over stock Tesla V100.

I think it's a worthwhile price honestly... expensive for normal consumer, but cheap for the pro market.. great deal for tiny studios, and small businesses.

It's only like .2BTC each! Super cheap. Probably only be .1BTC by tomorrow evening. /s

In more realistic terms, I'm hoping that the sharp price increase from the last Titan to this one isn't signalling that nVidia is planning to push its entire product stack up another few price brackets again...

I could buy it :x

Then I remember seeing how you get burned buying the first Titan of an architecture.

this could probably the gold titan that we saw in some rumor before....

I do find it humorous how it's still in stock. I do have interest in seeing it's gaming benchmarks.

Bought one in case the re-sale value goes insane, feel slightly guilty.

Indeed but it looks like you will get a full Volta, whether it is worth to the end user is another matter.
Why are you calling it "full Volta"? Full Volta would have 5376 cores so this is the same 5120 version they already make. Plus it's really gimped compared to that as its memory bandwidth takes a massive cut along with capacity dropping to 12 from 16. There is nothing full about this card except what they are full of for asking $3000 bucks for it.

Why are you calling it "full Volta"? Full Volta would have 5376 cores so this is the same 5120 version they already make. Plus it's really gimped compared to that as its memory bandwidth takes a massive cut along with capacity dropping to 12 from 16. There is nothing full about this card except what they are full of for asking $3000 bucks for it.
I stand corrected, you are correct that this isn't full Volta, was thinking Tesla V100 the whole time when it isn't the fully enabled GV100.

Looks like anyone hoping to get two of these will need to pony up another $1200 for two NVLink bridges. No SLI fingers on these.

110 Tflops... what? It's more than 2x cheaper per Tflop compared to 1080Ti.

Call me out of the loop on flagship offerings because I'm poor but I had to check the [H] to see if that 3072bit mem interface I read at TPU was a typo or not. $3000... damn, team greed, oh uhm, I mean team GREEN is on the march.

Nvidia being in the position that they are, have collectively lost their shit. Fuck this, I'm out! And I bought the original GTX Titan and only three months later the GTX 780 was out and the GTX Titan Black was out.

Call me out of the loop on flagship offerings because I'm poor but I had to check the [H] to see if that 3072bit mem interface I read at TPU was a typo or not. $3000... damn, team greed, oh uhm, I mean team GREEN is on the march.
It's HBM 2 memory.

So I guess I was wrong. Nvidia did release Volta in 2017. That price....Wasn't that the same price as the Titan-Z? lol. Anyway can't wait to see the [H] review!

Fuck. My fiance's wedding dress came under budget by about $1500 and I just got a promotion at work... I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on this, it'd pair up nicely with the 8700k and NVME drive I just picked up.

Back