Nvidia teasing a "Collector's Edition" card

EVGA has been selling 1080ti's with 12GHz memory modules. My guess is a Titan Xp with RGB shroud and faster memory speeds than the stock speed on the Titan Xp. Then again, there's no 'p' on the shroud, so maybe it is something entirely different.... *edit* just realized the normal Titan Xp doesn't have a 'p' on its shroud either, so that probably doesn't mean anything.

Jensen Huang took a new staff photo recently:

Q1aQBbc.jpg

If it was a full fat Titan Xp card but had unlocked power limits in the BIOS it would be an interesting card.

Stuff like this makes me think the consumer version of Volta might be taking longer then they expected.

Yay, star wars... I can see a market I suppose... I'm just not in the demographic for this one.

For those of you buying this $1200 Star Wars "Collectors Edition" card, be sure not to open it, leaving it in the box with the plastic wrap intact... it will sell for a LOT more that way at your garage sale 15 years from now...

You just know someone will buy this card just for battlefront 2 and poly bag the 2nd copy.

Holy shit it is just based on Pascal.... seems a bit late in the cycle to be buying Titans...

IMG_4162.PNG

Now I know which site opposes the Empire.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_star_wars_titan_xp_collector_edition_review,1.html

img_9141.jpg

Before you ask if you have been wondering, yes this is the same blower type of cooler, yes it'll make the same amount of noise and yes it'll perform roughly the same cooling wise. Nvidia, makes besat of a graphics card runs 1405 MHz on the base clock however allowed a nice boost clock frequency of 1582 MHz. Remember, this is a Xp, thus a full 12 GB GDDR5X based graphics card and the Micron modules are clocking in at an effective data-rate of 11,408 GHz. So yes, that does mean this is the fastest consumer based graphics card your money can get you, and you will need money as they cost 1200 bucks a pop. Which however is a similar amount when compared towards the reference Xp card. The card comes with three DisplayPort 1.4 connectors and a single HDMI 2.0b. DVI is lacking, Nvidia does include a DP to DVI dongle in the box. And a Jedi Order sticker for your PC case. From A to Z, the product is special, there is a lot of detail on and in the packaging, it's an experience to open up alright. Next, to that, the light-saber styled cooler is just stellar to see, in a galaxy far far away.

So basically it's the same garbage cooler as the FE, still sounds like a hair dryer in your case, and still needs an aftermarket water block to be fully utilized.

It takes a special kind of rich idiot to purchase something like this.

Yeah I think the reviewers get free copies not sure if they are just to be reviewed and unboxed seems that way.

Yeah I think the reviewers get free copies not sure if they are just to be reviewed and unboxed seems that way.
Nvidia sure is giving away a lot of these in sweepstakes. Almost like they had a ton of spare chips to unload of and they are using this as a tax write off before the end of the year.

Nvidia sure is giving away a lot of these in sweepstakes. Almost like they had a ton of spare chips to unload of and they are using this as a tax write off before the end of the year.
3. Prizes; Winner Selection and Notification. There is one (1) prize. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries in the Sweepstakes.

One (1) Prize: One (1) winner will receive a Nvidia Titan Xp Collector’s Edition Star Wars Galactic Jedi-themed graphics card. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize is USD$1200.

1 is a lot?

3. Prizes; Winner Selection and Notification. There is one (1) prize. Odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries in the Sweepstakes.

One (1) Prize: One (1) winner will receive a Nvidia Titan Xp Collector’s Edition Star Wars Galactic Jedi-themed graphics card. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prize is USD$1200.

1 is a lot?

There have been at least 20 given away between geforce.com/geforce facebook and people sponsored on youtube, twitter, facebook, and instagram.

Chump change for Nvidia, they should be giving out more like a hundreds of them. Easy publicity and probably contributes to lots of envy purchases from friends of those that win them and get to see what the card is capable of.

Back