Nvidia Teases New Lineup of Consumer Video Cards

I've been waiting for my next Titan replacement (not the Titan V).

Wake me when they actually launch, zzzzz

"While players might be dismayed that there’s no reveal of game-centric GPUs from Nvidia right now, the company posted this teaser on YouTube, which as Videocardzpoints out, is crammed with cryptic (and some not so cryptic) hints about what’s in store for us at Gamescom next week. The video shows friends with Discord handles like ‘RoyTeX’, ‘Zenith 20’ and ‘Eight Tee’ chatting away. Someone going by the handle of ‘Not_11’ also says ‘Gimme 20’." - Trusted Reviews

There, I guess that settles the "what will the label be?" thingy ...

So if it winds up being the 20 Series does that mean the card's performance will have increased so dramatically that they had to skip #'s 11 thru 19?

In terms of the slogan, I think they know they can pretty much slap together any words and still sell amazingly well.

"Shoes, sneeze, shovel game kitty now!", and "Buy more!"

I hope they get some games to make use of the ray tracing effects if nvidia actually puts it into consumer cards this year. I'm not buying either way until 2019. That is my next upgrade year.

1700 --> Ryzen 2
1080 --> (hopefully some sort of competitive AMD graphics card)
43" 4k sony tv/monitor --> 43-55" 4k oled tv with hdmi 2.1 and please gods some sort of variable refresh support and 120+ Hz.
We know Metro: Exodus will be using real time ray tracing, and that comes out on February 22. They're going to have booths at Gamescom where people can play the game. Maybe they'll be running it on Turing to show off the tech.

So far all we know about AMD's real time ray tracing tech is that it will be in professional level cards for rendering purposes. We don't know yet if they will develop or are developing a gaming solution.

So far all we know about AMD's real time ray tracing tech is that it will be in professional level cards for rendering purposes. We don't know yet if they will develop or are developing a gaming solution.

I hope they do- mostly because AMD hits harder at the lower end of the market and in consoles, and thus while Nvidia may lead the tech development at the high-end, AMD's support throughout their product stack will provide more motivation for developers to both include and to optimize ray-tracing acceleration!

I'm honestly not sure if you're serious... "Cologne" refers to Cologne Germany where Nvidia will be holding their "Geforce Gaming Celebration" on August 20th, which will almost certainly be the announcement date of the new cards. Peltier coolers aren't commonly used for several reasons but mainly because they are inefficient and they create moisture problems. Also, the second law of thermodynamics say you cannot cool a system (such as a room) directly, you can only move heat out of the system. That is why all air conditioners have a part that goes outside, that part is where the heat is moved to.

I hope you’re German.

;)

AMD is in Big Trouble on the Graphics card front. Suddenly I'm regretting buying my Freesync Monitor :arghh:

I'm honestly not sure if you're serious... "Cologne" refers to Cologne Germany where Nvidia will be holding their "Geforce Gaming Celebration" on August 20th, which will almost certainly be the announcement date of the new cards. Peltier coolers aren't commonly used for several reasons but mainly because they are inefficient and they create moisture problems. Also, the second law of thermodynamics say you cannot cool a system (such as a room) directly, you can only move heat out of the system. That is why all air conditioners have a part that goes outside, that part is where the heat is moved to.
You have no idea what you are talking about and should go back to reddit.

Lul, they stole the mockup from videocardz.com. Bwahahaha.
Not only that, they miraculously launched a non-blower card for the first time in recent history. OEMs would love that... Shitty rumors are shit.

I'll wait for the Ti variant since I just bought the 1080 Ti in June. I didn't believe the rumors, oh well. :banghead:

I’d buy the 1180 but I’m having a hard time figuring out a game I’m having a problem running.

I’d buy the 1180 but I’m having a hard time figuring out a game I’m having a problem running.

Watchdogs 2 chokes my Titan on 4k.

A few games do actually, but that one always comes to mind.

Watchdogs 2 chokes my Titan on 4k.

A few games do actually, but that one always comes to mind.
I don’t doubt there are people who play at higher settings than I do, for example I don’t game at 4K. I’d like to buy it but I can’t justify it, NVidia did a really good job with the 10 series...

I don’t doubt there are people who play at higher settings than I do, for example I don’t game at 4K. I’d like to buy it but I can’t justify it, NVidia did a really good job with the 10 series...
Yeah, they did... I skipped the 10 so I am salivating for the RTX 2080.

Yeah, they did... I skipped the 10 so I am salivating for the RTX 2080.
Funny because I skipped the 9 series “not enough to upgrade” to syndrome but the 7series choked very quickly and so did AMD (I needed to upgrade but held out for the 10 series).

I'll likely skip this generation since I game at Ultrawide 1440p, but if I ever get a 4k monitor, it would be one of those HDR versions. I don't see myself spending that much money on a monitor, so I don't see myself doing it.

Dual fan, open-air cooler confirmed?
upload_2018-8-20_11-12-29.png

Back