Nvidia study finds gamers have better K/D ratios at higher framerates

Wow....someone actually got paid to research that and write up the article. o_O

Damn nvidia marketing working overtime:

"Study finds serious gamers that spend more money on their computers have higher K/D ratio's"

Just because someone disagrees with the premises (and then likely the conclusions) of the article doesn't mean they are inherently biased. It's not biased to call something bullshit that's bullshit. All you need to see is that graph comparing a GTX 6XX series to a RTX 20XX series to see the bullshit. The GTX 680 was released 7.5 YEARS ago. So his comparison isn't that far off from what Nvidia is trying to demonstrate.

You can argue, or even expect, that a companies' slide or interpretation may be biased, but that doesn't change the fact the the poster I mentioned has his own bias (which is well known. proof: just search his posts).

I wasn't someone who put too much stock in this kind of thinking back in the day. I was at 60Hz for years and did fine in multiplayer games. I always believed that as long as your FPS is consistent, you can get used to it and that's what mattered most. Perhaps that's actually still true to a degree. However, going to a higher refresh rate display did in fact, improve my K/D. I don't think dropping to 60Hz will make a good player bad and I don't think going from 60Hz to 144Hz will make a bad player good. It makes a difference, but it won't make someone into something they aren't.

A smoother experience, less blur with fast movement, etc.; I don't need to read an Nvidia "study" when these things are evident after watching anything on a high Hz monitor for 5 minutes. Higher FPS is a much more comfortable experience and comfort will help your K/D whether it's with controls, video, sound, ergonomics, latency, etc.

I always view it as not so much that higher FPS makes me better, it ensures I am not limited by one more thing - in addition to my skill.

But most importantly to me - it just looks/feels a lot better. Even if there was no improvement, I'd enjoy the thrill of being mediocre a lot more.

While I have no doubt this is true I feel the results are backwards. People with more disposable income will likely have a larger amount of free time to spend playing those games, more time played leads to a better K/D ratio, larger disposable income tends to lead to better hardware. Old addage remains true, Gearscore != Skill, and while playing games in potato mode can only take you so far, high FPS doesn't make the player.

And what if AMD had commissioned the exact same study? You have an anti-nVidia Bias so your response is expected and contributes nothing to the actual topic.

It's not a bias if I am correct. And I would say the SAME THING for an AMD based article if it were focused ONLY on the video card.

That's the problem with reviews as well. In many cases they gloss over what the base hardware is and only highlight the piece they are testing.

Generational improvement matters to performance. 3.6GHZ 10 years ago in performance is not equal to 3.6GHZ today. In CPU's, Memory, Storage, or Video card performance. All pieces matter for a true improvement.

Will a super high end video card help a i5 system from 10 years ago. MAYBE. But they are better servers by a lesser gen current video card and updating their CPU/memory/motherboard/and storage along with a more current video card.

Case in point I had a 2600k cpu. And had through the generations updated it to a 1070 video card. It was good but I bit the bullet and upgraded to a then current 7700k and new memory, and went from SSD stroage to NVME. Only kept the video card.

The improvement was DRASTIC and I was doubling the performance of the card with my other pieces without changing the card.

So yes this article is bullshit. And if AMD came out with the same article but instead of Nvidia Video card parts only had AMD video card parts I would call that bullshit as well.

You can argue, or even expect, that a companies' slide or interpretation may be biased, but that doesn't change the fact the the poster I mentioned has his own bias (which is well known. proof: just search his posts).

You show me the posts where I have bias please. I'm waiting.

Back