nvidia stops 32 bit support

Why? 32bit is actually better in some cases because of it's smaller code footprint. As for 128-bit, we haven't even made full use of 64-bit yet.

At this point, this is probably a rarer case than it used to be. Cache and memory sizes have gone up, so there's less pressure to keep hot data in cache with the increased word size.

x64 will also have the benefit of more registers among others, and compilers can always assume certain optimizations are possible as a baseline. Certain things can be much faster.

I'm running dual quantums right now. You people need to get with the times.

Nice how many qbits each?

You have a 5MW gas turbine generator and a super condensor to reach near absolute zero?

I am amazed haha but can it play Crysis?

Though on a serious note.. qauntums will NEVER be desktop or server. They just do not function that way.

They are amazing. I read a report demonstrating where a 8 qbit machine could break some serious encryption in about 10 mins where the worlds fastest X86 super computer would take like 1700 years to do.

Nice how many qbits each?

You have a 5MW gas turbine generator and a super condensor to reach near absolute zero?

I am amazed haha but can it play Crysis?

Only 5 q's per unfortunately but due to major advancements in quantum flux tech my power needs are considerably lower only requiring a shocking 1.5MW each. The super condensors are still power hogs but the frame rates are worth it.

Only 5 q's per unfortunately but due to major advancements in quantum flux tech my power needs are considerably lower only requiring a shocking 1.5MW each. The super condensors are still power hogs but the frame rates are worth it.

Rock Star!!

Thats [H]

You get 1 fps reported but its actually 1000fps because the qbits are simultaneously displaying the frames accross parallel string dimensions in the quantum ether.

Rock Star!!

Thats [H]

You get 1 fps reported but its actually 1000fps because the qbits are simultaneously displaying the frames accross parallel string dimensions in the quantum ether.

Let's just say I'm playing Crysis 4 right now...I'll let you figure out the intricacies of that on your own.

Let's just say I'm playing Crysis 4 right now...I'll let you figure out the intricacies of that on your own.
In another dimension too!

I would kill for Quantum computed Oculus Rift. Imagine playing in the 4th 5th 6th and 7th dimension in another time stream.

Im coming to your house to predict the winning powerball numbers. You can have 5% of the winnings.

it should be noted also that the reason the x64 footprint is so much bigger is because all the x32 compatibilities in place. and no one cares to fix all that stuff, how many places actually use 64-bit office suite on the 64-bit OS? heck mozilla just barely released a 64-bit browser because....why bother? no one else is fully doing 64-bit on windows.

this is another place where FOSS is like 74.6 miles in front but it hasn't helped FOSS either.

The biggest reason 64-bit Office (as in MS Office) hasn't taken off is because of all of the 32-bit plugins that businesses use that will never be updated to 64-bit. There's three or four that I have to use regularly in support of and development for my assigned applications. We're having a hell of a time just getting people not use a plugin on Office 2013 that was designed for Office 2010, even though there is a MUCH better alternative that is supported by the vendor.

it should be noted also that the reason the x64 footprint is so much bigger is because all the x32 compatibilities in place. and no one cares to fix all that stuff, how many places actually use 64-bit office suite on the 64-bit OS? heck mozilla just barely released a 64-bit browser because....why bother? no one else is fully doing 64-bit on windows.

this is another place where FOSS is like 74.6 miles in front but it hasn't helped FOSS either.
Funny you mention that. It took me only 2 weeks to get my PC upgraded to 64-bit Windows with 8GB of RAM from 32-bit Windows with 4GB of RAM; a much shorter period of time than I was expecting. It took another 3 months to get IT to approve 64-bit Office for me. When I received the PC and saw it still had 32-bit Office I facepalmed hard. The whole reason for upgrading was to resolve issues with running out of memory constantly. Of course this wouldn't have been an issue to begin with if I could just get SQL like a normal person...

it does sound like you have other work related issues in your office that need addressed. Or the reasoning behind the need is unknown to your I.T. department so they are only addressing each step you mention. 64-bit office so you can address more than 4gb RAM in your office suite (excel i am guessing) is a bit like hitching a car trailer to a mini-SUV with a box truck on the trailer and filling the box tuck with stuff, technically yes you have space, but you are limited by the PC pulling the load.

Back