Is that Jim Kramer? Is he still doing finance crap? No more mad money press the big button showmanship? :D
Cramer still does Mad Money - I listen to his pod cast during lunch most days (from the day before). I find his show entertaining. I'm looking forward to the recap tomorrow - I can hear the guy jumping out of the window sound effect already.

Honestly my view of Nvidia in the future is that of a starving dog in the winter. They don't have lasting partnerships, they are about to face stiff competition is markets that are growing, and their CEO seems to be a hardass that loves closed source shit as well as they seem to be an acquire to destroy type company ( as opposed to acquire and expand). If their line up looks like it looks now in 1 or 2 years i expect a dead cat bounce, and more steady declines... If it looks like it does now in more than 2 years, nvidia will be like pre ryzen AMD, perhaps with more liquidity, but with the same bleak outlook.
Yeah, maybe my view is extreme..
I don't think it is. RTX just ain't selling.

China outnumbers Americans like 4 to 1. A tiny blip at those numbers are equivalent to a major upheaval in the us market. China plus india outnumber Americans 10 to 1. If 1 out of 10 chinese/indian homes decide to go buy a sofa it's like. Every home in America went and bought a new sofa. The strain on an inflexible and tight modern supply chain in every single area cannot be overstated.

Add on modern tax, finance, and accounting games where surplus inventory is a drag on any business, it's a recipe for constant wild fluctuations.

China's wealth distribution is tilted towards a very small percentage of their population, so they might outnumber the US 4 to 1 population wise but those with equivalent purchasing power are likely outnumbered by Americans.

India isn't as tilted, but its still pretty bad.

Those two countries have depths of poverty that no one in the US can dream of.

I see it as the gap between when they sold out to make sure bit coiners got to buy in bulk as to forgot retail and hold MSRP , as to make the coin so big it made our Heads so much bigger as to Huff and Puff because the ones the big Heads betrayed the most just ain't buying your RTX tracer pricing as you made us Homeless and not wroth any love from the Harden Heart now known as Nvidia (Gaming GPU) as to get the Homeless to be Big Spenders now to support your ego .

Last edited:
"NVIDIA will conduct a conference call with analysts and investors to discuss its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2019 financial results and financial prospects on Feb. 14, 2019, at 2:30 p.m. Pacific time (5:30 p.m. Eastern time)"

So they're having a conference call meeting on Valentine's day. LOL. Has the complimentary free Vaseline been sent in the mail already?

This is the [H]ard crowd. If the consensus here is for Nvidia to stick the rtx2080TI where the sun don’t shines, they’ve made a marketing error. Yes, there’s a market for $3000 Titans. No, it’s not as big as the $699 GTX market. There’s stupid money and then there’s STOOPID money. Instead of having $1400 of my stupid money for two gpu’s they have none of my $1200 Stoopid money for one RTX. I know, it makes no sense but somehow blowing $1400 on two 1080ti’s is a lot more palatable than buying one RTX 2080ti. Lets hope the Nvidia marketers come to the same conclussion next time around.

Still laughing that I sold my shares on 28th September.

I so rarely get the top. And it was thanks to the [H] with people whinging about tarrifs affecting GPU prices.

My wife has been told that she can never begrudge me a new GPU for the rest of my life.

Intel and Nvidia stocks went down... you think AMD is going to go up? AMD are going to get rekt. When the latest 7nm AMD CPUs and GPUs come out, and there are articles on EPYC chips being installed in data centers.... then we can talk about AMD going up. Maybe also when Intel gets a CEO too, because until that time there is light gossip suggesting that Lisa Su may go to Intel.

How many times have we heard this now? If AMD can deliver a product that competes with its Nvidia equivalent, they will sell it for the same price (it near as damn it) because that's what the market will support and they need to make as much money as they can, just like Nvidia. If that then leads to a price war then great for us, but AMD aren't going to lead with heavily undercutting Nvidia from the outset.
Clearly the market isn't supporting these insane prices, that's half the reason for Nvidia's revising their profits sharply down despite being in the quarter with the next gen products released. Now the initial 'rush' for the new cards is out of the way I can't see Nvidia profits picking up dramatically without significant cuts to their prices, bring then back much closer to what people have paid in the past for the equivalent cards.

Intel and Nvidia stocks went down... you think AMD is going to go up? AMD are going to get rekt. When the latest 7nm AMD CPUs and GPUs come out, and there are articles on EPYC chips being installed in data centers.... then we can talk about AMD going up. Maybe also when Intel gets a CEO too, because until that time there is light gossip suggesting that Lisa Su may go to Intel.
Many point to AMD having and even worse cryto hang over than Nvidia... Im not so sure, AMD unlike Nvidia, cut gpu prices across all their offerings.. relatively speaking the beat Nvidia in value quite a lot, even more so if you account for the games .. its going to be a matter of knowing if the strategy worked... I speculate it did, i saw v64 just dry up quickly after some cuts, then went up in price meaning demand was probably up a lot.. i guess we will know soon enough.

https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/wh..._ec2_instances_featuring_amd_epyc_processors/

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/b...series-vms-powered-by-the-amd-epyc-processor/

https://blogs.oracle.com/cloud-infrastructure/announcing-the-launch-of-amd-epyc-instances

"In addition, sales of certain high-end GPUs using NVIDIA’s new Turing architecture were lower than expected..."

I have some news, those high end sales aren't coming back at those prices/performance levels. Especially with the current level of feature implementation in games.

Huh, I thought they were over the hump by now, with their inventory issues and crypto-mining hangover already factored in to the stock price.

Ahh. How are their products used in the datacenter? Massive render farms? I would have expected that all of the streaming game services that have been announced lately would have benefitted Nvidia as something needs to render those in the cloud, and Nvidia has what seems to my laymans eyes like the most advanced enterprise virtualized rendering solutions on the market.
Microsoft and Amazon both offer GPU in their virtual offerings for either graphic rendering, hosted workstations, but lots of AI stuff as well, I don't use them for my setup with Microsoft but I have a few colleagues who do and they say they work well with in 90% of having it physically there at least . nVidia does have the more advanced solutions that is for damned sure at this point but they don't have any new products this year in the Tesla lineup which is what they are mostly running. I have to assume it is because of poor yields because talks with my channel partners say they can't get any of the RTX stuff in any meaningful quantities so they are almost always out of stock on all of them.

I have to assume it is because of poor yields because talks with my channel partners say they can't get any of the RTX stuff in any meaningful quantities so they are almost always out of stock on all of them.

All the finance wizards are saying that it’s the China and or sector (global) slowdown.
Edit: Apple cried the same China \ sector slowdown and they have product issues (overpriced, competition) as we all know.

Jensen’s a liar so I am inclined to agree on an Nv problem. 20% defective 200 series rtx cards in the poll here too.

Last edited:
Hey JHH... Your stock performance is lousy. XD

(I hold a few hundred NVDA shares... sigh...)

I have also seen here that The vega inventory is stil high. AMD will be punished more if that's the case.

Hey JHH... Your stock performance is lousy. XD

(I hold a few hundred NVDA shares... sigh...)

B5qv2xQ.jpg

I wanted to buy $10,000 worth in Nov of 2012. The wife wouldn't let me. :-(
Booooh.

Setup an email alert for less than $2 per share alert. Got it but Didn't bite.

Got in earlier ar 9-14 sold at 26.

Have some more powder to burn. If AMD misses, I would like more in the 18 range max.

The reason NVidia tanked is not really much to do with product pricing, the prices they actually screwed up because they never really captured the value from Crypto sales. Current pricing is a belated attempt to fix it, plus no competition.

The main headwinds are;

Potential impact of tarrifs
No future demand for crypto
Google and latterly AWS decided to do their own chips for ML. That yanked a *big* portion of potential future growth as they will reflect the mass market approach to ML and AI, leaving others to do the niche applications.

Plus there's the macro factor that the whole market took a shit.

You only get a huge p/e when you have huge potential growth. Chop out that and they were massively overvalued. This has brought them back to 2015 ratios. They're probably a bit under now for my money as they did do a pretty good job of turning product into EPS and the P/E is quite low compared to sector norms (sector is fucked up prices but that's different) . The market will be seeing evidence of how they adjust, no market appetite for their consumer innovations is definitely a drag though. Especially given that they put all their eggs into the RTX thing and AMD purportedly has the next-gen consoles (so with the console manufacturers will set the bar for what is normal in games for the next 5+ years, plus MS put generic raytracing into DirectX)

I'm happy enough just sitting back with a generally risk averse portfolio atm though. Not quite in the "buy gold" phase but I'm one step away.

All the finance wizards are saying that it’s the China and or sector (global) slowdown.
Edit: Apple cried the same China \ sector slowdown and they have product issues (overpriced, competition) as we all know.

Jensen’s a liar so I am inclined to agree on an Nv problem. 20% defective 200 series rtx cards in the poll here too.
Yeah I am back ordered on 2 Quattro 6000’s and 5 5000’s. That is not a small order and they are giving me a 3+ month wait time. I am not expecting to see them till mid April at the earliest.

With the TSMC announcement that they have been putting out bad silicon because of tainted chemical batches it can’t be a coincidence....

With the TSMC announcement that they have been putting out bad silicon because of tainted chemical batches it can’t be a coincidence....

It will certainly be interesting if that is the cause of these issues.

I thought AMD used Global Foundries for 12nm and TSMC for 7nm. I could be wrong though.
My bad. I know the amd is correct. Not sure on what is going on with tsmc. Link on contaminants and Nv tsmc? Skeptical.

Last edited:
Back