NVIDIA Star Wars GPUs: Embrace the Light or Dark Side

Collectors Edition.
Any true "collector" wouldn't even open the box. Not sure if at the price it is sure to cost it is going to appreciate to any worthwhile amount, unless there is like only 50-100 made or something. Hard Core collectors only i guess.

If you are looking for a Titan XP great get it. But for the price go for the 1080ti. I am a bit surprised that this came out.

One would think they would use this as an opportunity to go BOOM! Welcome to Volta then.... Insert price tag of $1,600.

Oddly enough people would buy it.

For this it only makes sense if you want one and they dont want to lose on their 1070ti sales.

Thoughts? Bit suprised at this move but their stock in one year has tripled..... Note to self why didnt I pick up more.

What exactly is the point of this promotion? A Star Wars logo isn't going to drive someone's decision on a $1200 video card.

Pretty weak.

Can't see the logo without 90* install.

Nothing special on the sides thats notable.

Factory OC?

Cool box

Amd red?.....with green.....sigh...late and weird

What they are not telling you is that there will be special edition Star Wars games that will only run on these specific cards due to a hardware ID lockout for all other cards in the special version of PhysX and Gameworks that goes along with these cards.

The faction you play is also locked to the type of card you buy.

It is the wave of the future.

Spaceballs graphics cards!!!

merchandising.jpg

Where the real money from the movie is made!

Non-sequitur. Spaceballs was the movie I used to prove to somebody that movies on TV were often edited content beyond just bleeping swearwords. He just refused to believe that whole scenes would be cut or dialogue changed.

If I use the force and look to the future I can see....... NVIDIA Limited Edition Episode X Pod Racer Coil Whine Edition GeForce! Now with our exclusive Star Wars LED TURBO blower fans for even more realistic pod racer sound! If that model doesn't blow your hair back, go for the fluid cooled model that comes with a case front coolant level monitor so you can adjust levels when the card starts to smoke and choke, be a hero just like Anakin! Included in the box is a Jensen Huang/Dark Side Jar Jar poster of him rolling in all dat dough.

More like they had a giant pile of Titan product sitting around, and they are looking at ways to try and offload some of them.

I think they are trying to clear stock. Its the same price as before.
I will keep my Titan XP.

Well at least we are getting things for Star Wars that can do 4K now.

I would have preferred bright blue for the Jedi Order model, myself, since Obi Wan was a Jedi Guardian and their Lightsabers were traditionally (according to canon) blue - so was Anakin's early on and so was the one Luke made after he lost possession of the one from Anakin in TESB.

But I get why Nvidia chose green since that's their basic color scheme to begin with so, it's somewhat expected.

I would have preferred bright blue for the Jedi Order model, myself, since Obi Wan was a Jedi Guardian and their Lightsabers were traditionally (according to canon) blue - so was Anakin's early on and so was the one Luke made after he lost possession of the one from Anakin in TESB.

But I get why Nvidia chose green since that's their basic color scheme to begin with so, it's somewhat expected.

That's what I was thinking too, my first though was "Why isn't the Jedi color blue?" They should at least have gave you the option to make it Blue or Green. Filthy casuals!

If only they would have plastered a large closeup of Jar-Jar on the side of this card... I would have ordered two!

Reactions: N4CR
like this
My hope would be they sell 0 of these, but sadly some just cant help themselves and will buy something that will never be worth more then a standard titan and Nvidia will get rid of some stock they couldn't sell for a price premium.

Help us AMD Kenobi your our only hope against the Nvidia Empire....

Corny I know, but I am truely lost for words...

What? Fuck off. At least make a damn effort. This is literally nothing but "make the idiots pay licensing fees to disney as well"

so a product that is already high in price & depreciates at a ridiculous pace NOW is even higher due to licensing agreements with Disney that will reside within a case that is typically CLOSED!

Last edited:
Back