nVidia Shield and Dolby Atmos

Hi all,

So, from what I read, the nVidia Shield is supposed to be able to passthrough Dobly Atmos audio, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. When my PC was connected directly to the AVR, it would display ATMOS whenever I'd play a video with appropriate audio, or whenever I'd play Final Fantasy XV.

Now, the best I get is multi-in or 7.1 TrueHD. As far as I can tell, all the options have been ticked off to enable passthrough.

The Shield itself is connected directly to the AVR (Denon AVR-S720W) and from there, to the TV (LG 49UF6800), all via HDMI.

All drivers, firmware, etc are up to date.

As far as Plex is concerner, Server is on my Windows 10 PC and Player on the shield. Again, from what I can tell, all options to send audio passthrough seem enabled. But even on the server side, when I look at some of my videos that I know to have Dolby Atmos audio (i.e. Dolby Atmos demos), it shows the audio selection to be 7.1 TrueHD or even 5.1, but Dolby Atmos isn't avaible.

Any ideas as to what or where to look to fix these issues ?

Any details that I forgot to mention ?

Thanks ! :)

So a bit of an update. I've confirmed that the video isn't being transcoded. It was being read as TrueHD 7.1 on the AVR and PMP.

Untitled.png

Back