Nvidia shares soar nearly 30% as sales forecast jumps on 4060 Ti beat

And apparently Nvidia has predicted that their second quarter revenues will be $11,000,000,000 when they have never been higher than $8 billion for any quarter. I really don't have any explanation for this other than irrational exuberance.

And apparently Nvidia has predicted that their second quarter revenues will be $11,000,000,000 when they have never been higher than $8 billion for any quarter. I really don't have any explanation for this other than irrational exuberance.
Could be almost all from sales already made, second quarter end july 31 and they are already a month in, how much surprise revenues from very short window command for the next month does company like that has for datacenter system ? The +-2% call on that number is quite tight.

Nvidia saw 53% followed by 64% yearly revenue jump recently a 33% over 5 quarter would not seem that out of order for them or even specially strange high.

Looks like the stock price has settled around $380 after the close of trading.

Here's my "theory" (more conspiracy theory than theory), the 4060TI exists in decently large numbers and does well enough for 1080p for now, and for the immediate future, AMD and Nvidia are committed to very large projects that will need vast quantities of TSMC's time and silicon and there just won't be a lot of silicon left to go around for the consumer devices, based on that demand the 4060TI will become the defacto mainstream GPU based on the fact it will exist and be purchasable, not because it is necessarily great. Nvidia cut so many corners on it because they fully expect to end up selling that card for around $250 over the next year and change and the price as it exists now is to pad the books with those who need it now as it works down to the price they actually expect to be selling it for.
There is zero chance the 4060 ti will ever sell for $250 new.

Well, as long as all those zealot fools keep buying new GPU's at Ngreediya's absurd prices and makin ME moar $$, I really don't give care what anyone says one way or the other, same thing applied when I started buying up large blocks of fruity boy shares many years ago :D

Nvidia was up again today and brought the NASDAQ up witu it.... I just wish it would bring the DOW up, I'm losing my rear end! Only "tech" stock I have now is Verizon which is in a free fall. Everything else is tumbling as well.

Nvidia was up again today and brought the NASDAQ up witu it.... I just wish it would bring the DOW up, I'm losing my rear end! Only "tech" stock I have now is Verizon which is in a free fall. Everything else is tumbling as well.
Nvidia Short Sellers Lose $2.3 Billion in One Day as Stock Soars https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-05-25/nvidia-short-sellers-lose-2-3-billion-in-one-day-as-stock-soars?leadSource=uverify wall

weird stuff is happenin'

1685049094698.png

1685049140952.png

What gets me is the market pricing in all this hype while Nvidia soldiers on with terrible pricing across the board.

AMD/Intel won't sit idle and I guarantee they have doubled down internally on efforts to produce better competition for datacenter GPUs / ML drivers (at least since it became clear that OpenAI had struck gold). With Nvidia's never-ending price hikes (just counting business/enterprise even), I hope we are building toward a situation where AMD/Intel will swoop in with an ML alternative that eats Jensen's (datacenter) lunch.

I mean if they're blowing the doors off of revenue expectations, then it's difficult to conclude that their pricing is terrible across the board.

They are having a marked and visible slowdown in consumer product demand, but they're not going to care nearly as much about that when they're selling out of $40,000 H100s.

I mean if they're blowing the doors off of revenue expectations, then it's difficult to conclude that their pricing is terrible across the board.
I feel operating margin or profit would be much more an indicator about pricing than revenues, if revenues grow is because people like the price (almost by definition in a free transaction) not terrible and you could be selling more stuff than selling it higher than before.

I feel operating margin or profit would be much more an indicator about pricing than revenues, if revenues grow is because people like the price (almost by definition in a free transaction) not terrible and you could be selling more stuff than selling it higher than before.

Based on Nvidia's reported profit margin, I haven't changed my opinion.

I’ve done a great job of turning a “fun” 2k trading account into about $414 over the last year myself. I could have just bought half and half AMD and Nvidia forgot about and made money. I live for bag holding apparently.

I’ve done a great job of turning a “fun” 2k trading account into about $414 over the last year myself. I could have just bought half and half AMD and Nvidia forgot about and made money. I live for bag holding apparently.

Nah first thing I had to learn is not to look back or else you'll drive yourself crazy. Every stock you hold onto will crash, every one you sell will rebound. Just accept it hahaha...

my 650 shares of NVDS (inverse NVDA etf) got hit hard yesterday lol
Shorting the manufacturer of the defacto engine hardware running the multi trillion dollar AI movement is my kind of bigbrain maneuvering! Like getting butt implants in Tijuana, or mud wrestling a Komodo.

Shorting the manufacturer of the defacto engine hardware running the multi trillion dollar AI movement is my kind of bigbrain maneuvering! Like getting butt implants in Tijuana, or mud wrestling a Komodo.
Nvidia Stock Rides the AI Wave With More to Come
The world’s most valuable chipmaker has defied the Fed and recession threats to become the ultimate story stock — one that can elbow its way in on just about any good market narrative.

Clever or lucky to find your business involved in two fads in 3 years?

I thought the 4060 Ti played a pivotal role in the share price soaring
Unlikely as I'm sure nobody in their right mind would buy that card. The stock market is falling in general, so people will coagulate on what they think is a safe stock. I have to say I underestimate the stupidity of people, but it makes the Nvidia inevitable stock plummet so much more devastating. Beating their already low expectations is why people are jumping onto Nvidia.

The stock market is falling in general
S&P500 is up 2.35% the last 30 days, 8% since the beginning of the year, is it really falling in general ?

A well maybe:
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/cp/top-20-stocks-sp-500-returns/

Most of it is Apple,microsoft, amazon, google, nvidia, amd, testla, facebook rebounding, but the other is still close to inflation level of grow, falling sound harsh a bit, apparently it is only down 1% this year without all the ai stock.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/25/pri...ll-wreck-rally-economist-david-rosenberg.html

this whole thing on AI is so over cook, talk about 1 of the most hype up subject in the market. Just today, economist David Rosenberg warns about this.

It so over done, the other day, Sarah Eisen of CNBC interviewed Levi CEO, and asked him how he incorporate AI in his co. For what reason? they sell jeans. You put it on, it fits, you hand out your cr. card. What does AI goes to do w/ jeans?

This whole hype, reminds me of Go Pro, where the stock is so hype up, everyone in wall st. talks about Go Pro, the stock was hype to $100 back then, and look at the stock today, $3.9

There is a huge difference of what a technology is good for, vs. how much the price should be paid for that stock. Nvidia P/E is now at 197, by contrast, some of the old econ. stock, their P/E is at 3.

https://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=gpro&insttype=&freq=2&show=&time=20

c3 AI is another e.g., its stock was at 180 at its height, today, they are at 28. It jumped to 180 because of the word "AI" is in the stock name.

https://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/q...p?symb=AI&insttype=Stock&freq=2&show=&time=20

Last edited:
S&P500 is up 2.35% the last 30 days, 8% since the beginning of the year, is it really falling in general ?

A well maybe:

Most of it is Apple,microsoft, amazon, google, nvidia, amd, testla, facebook rebounding, but the other is still close to inflation level of grow, falling sound harsh a bit, apparently it is only down 1% this year without all the ai stock.

The S&P is being propped up by a handful of tech.

1685085630814.png

A well maybe:

The Dow Jones is bellow 33,000 and has been bouncing between 34k to 33k for the past few years. But yea the S&P is held up by a handful of companies which I'm sure most of them aren't doing well, just beating expectations.

Reactions: erek
like this
I'm not an analyst and this isn't advice, but if I was holding NV, I'd be selling the shit out of it right now. No way it's realistic to think they're worth more than Apple, Intel, and Amazon combined.

The Dow Jones is bellow 33,000 and has been bouncing between 34k to 33k for the past few years. But yea the S&P is held up by a handful of companies which I'm sure most of them aren't doing well, just beating expectations.
Is the market as a hole inflated and seriously overvalued?

Someone needs to apply the Elliot Wave principle and see how it’s looking

Paul Tudor Jones of Tudor Investments saw this in 1987 and made a killing in the market and is now a Liquid Billionaire. none of that paper net worth rubbish

Scope it out, we in the midst or what?

If you are serious &
If you can't wait &
If you reside in US &
If your case is big enough &
If your power supply is large enough
Then
You can consider the 7900xt for $760
https://www.newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-7900-xt-rx7900xt-20gb/p/N82E16814131813?Item=N82E16814131813&Description=7900 xt&cm_re=7900_xt-_-14-131-813-_-Product
End
Fully recommend this one. Same card I have on a Corsair sfx 750 psu in a small case. The reference AMD models are absolutely tiny compared to most every aib mid to high end cards.

I am sure it's all rigged, Nvidia has a good day and Gold not so much. we are already smart enough to destory ourselfs now and leaving the planet is not good, looking for other planets with a life form to invade means we are a Virus

Reactions: erek
like this
NVDA has a p/e of about 200. I'd say that is pretty high. How's blockchain and the metaverse, which were all the rage just a short bit ago, doing these days?

Clever or lucky to find your business involved in two fads in 3 years?
NVIDIA has been involved in the R&D of AI hardware and software solutions for at least 8 years. The first big AI announcement I recall from NVIDIA was the reveal of the Drive PX for autonomous driving in January of 2015.

If you are serious &
If you can't wait &
If you reside in US &
If your case is big enough &
If your power supply is large enough
Then
You can consider the 7900xt for $760
https://www.newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-7900-xt-rx7900xt-20gb/p/N82E16814131813?Item=N82E16814131813&Description=7900 xt&cm_re=7900_xt-_-14-131-813-_-Product
End

Oh waiting is no problem haha
For some reason I thought for a fleeting moment the 4060ti was somehow a super card with dlss 3. But I have been keeping up.with hardware Zero percent the last year.

I'm not an analyst and this isn't advice, but if I was holding NV, I'd be selling the shit out of it right now. No way it's realistic to think they're worth more than Apple, Intel, and Amazon combined.

Well first of all, they're not even close to being worth more than Apple, Intel, and Amazon combined. They're not even close to being worth more than Apple.

I'm also not an analyst and this isn't advice, but that's exactly what makes stock picking such a challenge. Tesla didn't make sense to hold for many years as it continued its run. At one point, it was worth more than every other major automaker combined despite selling a small fraction of the cars. Humans tell themselves stories, and in Tesla's case, it seemed to be that they were the future, no one else was going to make EVs like they can (or at all, based on valuation), it's a proxy for Elon Musk's other companies like SpaceX, it wasn't a car company because it's a tech company, etc. Part of that was fueled as well by cheap money, but that's another story. The point was that Tesla made no sense to own as it increased 10x in value and absolutely obliterated short sellers who did normal analyst things like discounted cash flow analysis and reading balance sheets.

Zoom is another good example, where it was worth more than Exxon Mobile at one point during the pandemic, because we all know how hard it is to compete with chat software if you're, I dunno, Microsoft or something. No one was ever going to return to the office ever again, and therefore Zoom should be worth a bazillion dollars because Microsoft will never put out teams and bundle it with their office suite or anything like that.

So here we have Nvidia. Does the valuation make sense? Considering it's like 200x trailing earnings right now and something like 86x forward earnings. A lot appears to be priced in. The next question is will anyone care? As of now, it doesn't look that way. Fund managers will now have to explain to clients why they don't own Nvidia right now if they don't currently have it, so some will buy it just to be in. We have a general AI frenzy right now and Nvidia is leading the charge with that. Just like with Tesla, none of the traditional valuation metrics probably matter in the face of human psychology and our ability to tell each other stories regardless of the facts on the ground.

All that said, Nvidia is the real deal when it comes to AI, and they are going to be a dominant force in the present and future of computing. They're way ahead of the competition in an emerging field. What is that worth? No idea. Is it worth what they're selling for now? Maybe. What am I doing with my shares? I dunno.

Last edited:
Back