Nvidia shares soar nearly 30% as sales forecast jumps on 4060 Ti beat

erek

[H]F Junkie
A picture is worth a thousand words, so here’s 2000+ words
1684986479730.png

1684987379713.png

""No company can build a state-of-the-art AI datacenter without the technology and all the software of a (cloud computing provider), but we have all that capability," Huang said. "The enterprise is a very, very different market."

Gaming chip revenue beat Wall Street expectations at $2.24 billion versus estimates of $1.97 billion, according to FactSet data.

Net income rose to $2.04 billion, or 82 cents per share, from $1.62 billion, or 64 cents per share, a year earlier. Excluding items, the company earned $1.09 per share in the first quarter, beating estimates of 92 cents."

Source: https://www.reuters.com/technology/...d-quarter-revenue-above-estimates-2023-05-24/

Last edited:
Very close to 1 Trillion now

“That increased its stock market value by about $200 billion to over $960 billion,”

Bullshit, nothing to do with the 4060 Ti.....first-quarter revenue for gaming was $2.24 billion, down 38% from a year ago. Hilariously overall YOY revenue was still down 13%...this is what happens when capital markets are run by retarded algo's and passive ETFs. AI is the new crypto bubble, so expect there to be lots of bag holders when this bubble also pops.

Bullshit, nothing to do with the 4060 Ti.....first-quarter revenue for gaming was $2.24 billion, down 38% from a year ago. Hilariously overall YOY revenue was still down 13%...this is what happens when capital markets are run by retarded algo's and passive ETFs. AI is the new crypto bubble, so expect there to be lots of bag holders when this bubble also pops.
1685020510817.png

:wow:

Kind of sad I didn't dump more of my money in beyond what I did... but I am up over 400% since I bought shares during the Covid dip... and the stock split since then too... so I am happy. Nvidia can continue to keep buying me flagship cards every release... lol

Algos powered by supercomputers using the best GPUs Nvidia can make!

Kind of sad I didn't dump more of my money in beyond what I did... but I am up over 400% since I bought shares during the Covid dip... and the stock split since then too... so I am happy. Nvidia can continue to keep buying me flagship cards every release... lol

+1. I hate Nvidia as a customer, but I LOVE them as a shareholder!

Looks like the market was looking for any reason to be excited and Nvidia stock got pumped up. If their AI sales stall out, it will be a ugly blood bath on their stock. Hype means far more than actual performance in the stock market these days.

+1. I hate Nvidia as a customer, but I LOVE them as a shareholder!
lol... I actually love their cards and have no issues with them, beyond price. But it is what it is, and I love the hobby and can afford to buy them, so whatevers... I've wasted more on less. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like the market was looking for any reason to be excited and Nvidia stock got pumped up. If their AI sales stall out, it will be a ugly blood bath on their stock. Hype means far more than actual performance in the stock market these days.
Yup, that's the market today. The P/E on nvidia is nuts... I don't understand how TSLA is so high either in the market considering competition, issues with their product and the P/E there too, but once again, hype train wins the day.

Nice to see we've come full circle, the best place to park your money is under your mattress like your great grandparents did :p

Reactions: erek
like this

NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for First Quarter Fiscal 2024, Gaming Down 38% YoY, Stock still Jumps +25%

PRESS RELEASE by TheLostSwede Today, 02:04 Discuss (15 Comments)
NVIDIA today reported revenue for the first quarter ended April 30, 2023, of $7.19 billion, down 13% from a year ago and up 19% from the previous quarter. GAAP earnings per diluted share for the quarter were $0.82, up 28% from a year ago and up 44% from the previous quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $1.09, down 20% from a year ago and up 24% from the previous quarter.

lol... I actually love their cards and have no issues with them, beyond price. But it is what it is, and I love the hobby and can afford to buy them, so whatevers... I've wasted more on less. :ROFLMAO:

Oh I love their product, I just don't love their prices.

like this

NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for First Quarter Fiscal 2024, Gaming Down 38% YoY, Stock still Jumps +25%

PRESS RELEASE by TheLostSwede Today, 02:04 Discuss (15 Comments)
NVIDIA today reported revenue for the first quarter ended April 30, 2023, of $7.19 billion, down 13% from a year ago and up 19% from the previous quarter. GAAP earnings per diluted share for the quarter were $0.82, up 28% from a year ago and up 44% from the previous quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $1.09, down 20% from a year ago and up 24% from the previous quarter.
Nvidia market capitalization jumps by 1 AMD in 1 day

Data Centre revenue increases 14% year on year

https://twitter.com/RyanSmithAT/status/1661476887477243904?s=20

Nvidia market capitalization jumps by 1 AMD in 1 day

Data Centre revenue increases 14% year on year

https://twitter.com/RyanSmithAT/status/1661476887477243904?s=20

What gets me is the market pricing in all this hype while Nvidia soldiers on with terrible pricing across the board.

AMD/Intel won't sit idle and I guarantee they have doubled down internally on efforts to produce better competition for datacenter GPUs / ML drivers (at least since it became clear that OpenAI had struck gold). With Nvidia's never-ending price hikes (just counting business/enterprise even), I hope we are building toward a situation where AMD/Intel will swoop in with an ML alternative that eats Jensen's (datacenter) lunch.

like this
What gets me is the market pricing in all this hype while Nvidia soldiers on with terrible pricing across the board.

AMD/Intel won't sit idle and I guarantee they have doubled down internally on efforts to produce better competition for datacenter GPUs / ML drivers (at least since it became clear that OpenAI had struck gold). With Nvidia's never-ending price hikes (just counting business/enterprise even), I hope we are building toward a situation where AMD/Intel will swoop in with an ML alternative that eats Jensen's (datacenter) lunch.
If you think consumer pricing is bad, you’ll absolutely love their DC Enterprise pricing

I thought the 4060 Ti played a pivotal role in the share price soaring
It is not mentionned anywhere I feel like, at least not in the post.

Tell me the stock market makes absolutely no sense without telling me it makes no sense...
If one would have to predict the top 20 company that will make the most profit in the next 40 years, wouldn't Nvidia not be a bad bet ?

It is a bet, who will be the winners, how much computing will become a commodity if it does, will it be decentralized in people home or in megadatacenter (Nvidia as a chance in both case at least)

like this
You're short too?
wish I had put in a stop loss lol. I sold off a little over a 1/3 of my short position to jump into something else and will reevaluate the rest of my NVDS position May 31/June1. really my hope waiting the extra week is to reduce losses

SHHHHHH....It's all in pre-paid Apple Cards!....I predict a future where that's the only acceptable currency.......Tap Tap, pay for your weed. Tap Tap, pay for your prostate exam. Cash? What are you, some kind of TERRORIST!?!? etc
Someone's been rewatching Idiocracy.

like this
Here's my "theory" (more conspiracy theory than theory), the 4060TI exists in decently large numbers and does well enough for 1080p for now, and for the immediate future, AMD and Nvidia are committed to very large projects that will need vast quantities of TSMC's time and silicon and there just won't be a lot of silicon left to go around for the consumer devices, based on that demand the 4060TI will become the defacto mainstream GPU based on the fact it will exist and be purchasable, not because it is necessarily great. Nvidia cut so many corners on it because they fully expect to end up selling that card for around $250 over the next year and change and the price as it exists now is to pad the books with those who need it now as it works down to the price they actually expect to be selling it for.

like this
based on that demand the 4060TI will become the defacto mainstream GPU based on the fact it will exist and be purchasable
Will have to see the $300 4060, the current price difference is quite step. It look like it will be incredibly weaker to justify that price difference too, would it even beat a 3060Ti at this point...

like this
Back