Nvidia series 40, is there an ETA?

No announcement, but GoldenTiger is likely correct. I don't think a GPU has had a March launch in a while, usually a refresh if anything in the spring.

There are still rumours of a Super refresh before we get the 40 series. If that’s true then the Supers will be out early next year and who knows for the 40 series. Fall 2022 would be quick but could be possible.

Sept-Nov 2022 is what every credible source has said from the beginning through present. There are too many indicators of new card design and production to not have been seen by someone at present. This continues to maintain the narrative that they won't be launched till the start of q4 2022

I'm unsure what the super line will give use besides more memory. The 3080 ti was already pretty underwhelming.

I'm unsure what the super line will give use besides more memory. The 3080 ti was already pretty underwhelming.
The 3060 super is a big improvement. But....will likely cost a lot more so its kind of null. We will end up paying scalped 3070 prices for it.

Navi 30 series reportedly taped out. So you would expect sometime 2H 2022 for RDNA3 as historically launch has been within 6 months of tape out. But I suspect this round, both sides will be stockpiling as well as playing a game of chicken and tweaking boost clocks and tdp until the last minute, so probably late 2H 2022 will be where all the shens go down.

Super series will probably be underwhelming, especially the high end, due to the oversaturation of cuda cores, tdp ends up being the bottleneck. So if high end super cards exist, that probably means 400W+ reference cards. The only thing compelling might be a 3080 with 2GB of more VRAM for those who are worried about 10GB. But besides that, meh.

Last edited:
I'll not pay full price for an architecture that is one year all already.
I need to stick with my 2080ti until the series 40xx. Damn Nvidia. I hope that AMD will bring some competition in the dlss/rtx area that really interests me.

Why do you think there will be stockpiling (more than usual anyway) for the next launch? I would think that as usual the GPU makers want to start getting chips out the door and collecting revenue.

I thought the Linda Lovelace architecture was supposed to launch in the spring? Wouldn't be surprised if the schedule slipped with all the supply issues

I'll not pay full price for an architecture that is one year all already.
I need to stick with my 2080ti until the series 40xx. Damn Nvidia. I hope that AMD will bring some competition in the dlss/rtx area that really interests me.
considering 2080tis are going for original MSRP, I don't think an upgrade to a 30 series at msrp would be a bad deal at all.

I thought the Linda Lovelace architecture was supposed to launch in the spring? Wouldn't be surprised if the schedule slipped with all the supply issues

No the plan was always late 2022. The only thing launching in that time period will RTX 30 Super series cards.

Spoiler for the plot of Battlefield 2042 - The GPU Wars. In line. At Best Buy.
I was going to use the new battlefield release as an excuse to get a new card, but not at the current inflated prices.

My prediction:

- Announced: September 2022

- YouTubers receive theirs: November 2022

- Ten forum members on this site acquire one: January 2023

- Anyone who wants one and is willing to invest 16 person-hours of work / waiting / standing in line / refreshing browser to get one, gets one: April 2023

- Widely available within 10% of retail MSRP: October 2023

Last edited:
My prediction:

- Anyone who wants one and is willing to invest 16 person-hours of work / waiting / standing in line / refreshing to get one, gets one: April 2023

Pretty accurate.

The joys of working from home with a MicroCenter near buy... check webpage, see stock (or "Limited" stock), go get said video card at exact moment you see it with no line. GG

I have helped quite a few friends out this way. :)

2022, sure. I mean, there will only be seven of them available, so best of luck.

My prediction:

- Anyone who wants one and is willing to invest 16 person-hours of work / waiting / standing in line / refreshing browser to get one, gets one: April 2023

I think that is about right to be honest.

Ada Lovelace.

No launch window has been speculated outside of "sometime in 2022."
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/0...velace-architecture-tsmc-5-nanometer-process/

Rumor of Lovelace's tape out came out less than a month later.
https://www.hardwaretimes.com/nvidi...0-super-series-expected-by-end-of-2021-rumor/

It usually takes a year, give or take, from tape out to final shipping product. So a calendar year Q4 release window would seem likely, though they could push it out to Q1 2023 to amass more product for release.

Back