Nvidia Scaling broken since 169.04 - Any solutions?

does anyone have the 8800GTS 640MB?

With my 8800GT and 8800GTS 512MB setups, fixed aspect scaling worked fine.

But with the same drivers (169.21) here on my friend's rig with the aforementioned 640MB GTS, that option will not stick in the drivers. You hit apply and it goes back to "use monitor's built in scaling"

Is this a widespread issue with the old GTSs or something?

But with the same drivers (169.21) here on my friend's rig with the aforementioned 640MB GTS, that option will not stick in the drivers. You hit apply and it goes back to "use monitor's built in scaling"

I've got an 8800GTS 320MB and the scaling works fine with it.

That's actually a problem I've had forever even with the older drivers. It usually would not change when I had dual monitors set up. My fix was to use the Nvidia control panel to stick it to Single Display and then change the scaling via that. Then I would use the windows display properties to expand it to the other display. That's the only way I ever got it to stick.

However after 169.04 even if I do make it stick, the Nvidia Scaling no longer works at all. It's a definitive driver issue in Vista.

Dan keeps on saying it works for him, but it obviously hasn't worked for everyone and I have an exact driver set when this feature stopped working for me and it was a repeatable problem and fix over and over again.

She has that much money to blow AND she chose to blow it on you? Marry her, you fool, before she wises up! :D

Not until she starts making at least 2x more money than me. Then she must sustain that cash flow for at least a year or more.

Not until she starts making at least 2x more money than me. Then she must sustain that cash flow for at least a year or more.

I bow before the dark lord of the Sith and claim him as my master...

I wonder what the hell is going on then...

I don't know. For awhile I couldn't scale at 1680x1050 in Crysis. It would let me set any of the 4:3 aspect ratio resolutions and 2560x1600 but no other 16:10 or 16:9 ratio resolution was available in the game options. I was able to use the NVIDIA scaling option but still the correct resolution wouldn't show up until a driver update was available. (This is on my main rig and not the one with the 8800GTS 320MB card.)

I bow before the dark lord of the Sith and claim him as my master...

The key to success with women is indifference, not giving a shit and acting like a fuck mouth. Just say whatever comes to mind about anything. Don't spend money on them and don't do anything romantic. (This doesn't work on gold-digging whores but it does root them out.) Set the bar low for yourself. See women will fall all over your junk trying to change you. The key is to not let them do that. Trust me they'll hang around for years if you let them.

Man, after 3 months and finally a new beta driver (169.44) I was hoping nvidia would address this issue, but looks like it's still being ignored. Really annoying since I have 3-4 games I play that use these resolutions and it's absurdly zoomed in for now reason =/.

I hope ATI starts getting back into shape so Nvidia can stop being so content with themselves and shafting customers over.

And once again I have to state this is indeed a driver issue. with 169.04 and before Everything worked just fine. I went back and forth on driver revisions numerous times w/ the same results until I got a G92 when it wouldn't let me use 169.04 anymore.

I am on Vista64, using the 169.44 driver as well, and I have the same issue on my Westinghouse 37".....so instead of a properly defined smaller window with black borders at lower res than 1920x1080, I get a full screen stretched and pixelated crap pile, especially at 1280x1024 in crysis....or any game.

Anyway, I wonder if the issue exists with specific hardware, i.e., different monitors...

I'm running the 174.51's on Vista 64 and "Manage Custom Resolutions" is an option in Nvidia's Control Panel. might be worth checking the scaling options in that version.
The 169.44's game profiles are broken for setting AA and must be set Globally to adjust AA.
Guru3D's forum and nV News forum are great places to look for leaked beta drivers.

Vista 32bit, 8800GT, the Omega Drivers and I have the scaling issue as well.

Thanks Kowan, i'll take a look and see if those fix it.

The problem really is that the nvidia software scaling doesn't work at all anymore. Basically it's like every setting you make always ends up letting the monitor scale.

And with my westinghouse, that just doesn't work. I know this is definitely a driver issue since it changed at a specific driver revision and I was able to go back and forth to fix the issue (Until I bought a G92)

Either way, really annoying since many of my jp fighting games run in lower resolutions. And one of my progs uses anamorphic widescreen.

It seems under Vista in particular, scaling is broken. I am trying the beta 174.51 drivers, and same thing. I have this issue in either 32 or 64 bit. I too have a Westinghouse and it simple does not scale properly (i.e., it stretches to fill the screen). Changing the setting in the NV control panel, it just reverts back to "use my display's scaling" option....

well I upgraded to 174.51, but now it's a different problem.
Now I can't even change the option, it always goes back to use my display's scale...........
Before I could get past this by deactivating the 2nd monitor........ wow... annoying...

at least it isn't lying to me anymore claiming to be nvidia scaling but not.... is that really progress?

oh yeah and am I the only person who notices how crappy this Nvidia control panel behaves and how it lags constantly since it's inception... ridiculous. They need to go back to the old interface.

well I upgraded to 174.51, but now it's a different problem.
Now I can't even change the option, it always goes back to use my display's scale...........
Before I could get past this by deactivating the 2nd monitor........ wow... annoying...

at least it isn't lying to me anymore claiming to be nvidia scaling but not.... is that really progress?

oh yeah and am I the only person who notices how crappy this Nvidia control panel behaves and how it lags constantly since it's inception... ridiculous. They need to go back to the old interface.

Are people having this problem running NVIDIA chipsets?
I think something is influencing the drivers, my first suspect would be other NVIDIA software...

Are people having this problem running NVIDIA chipsets?
I think something is influencing the drivers, my first suspect would be other NVIDIA software...

Yes, I am using an nForce 590i chipset mobo (Asus P5N32-SLI Premium) and have had this issue for quite some time. In fact, I do not recall it ever working under Vista.

<shrug>

To be more specific, I am trying to simply get Nvidia Scaling option working with 640x480
So that I can play anamorphic widescreen games properly.

Just installed the New 174.74 Beta drivers and they seemed to have SEMI-fixed nvidia scaling (but only for 1 option) 800x600.

And I doubt anything is interfereing because once again, this is the only nvidia app I have and I was able to revert this problem back and forth by just changing drivers.

Does anyone know where I can get a 169.04 driverset that will work with the 8800GTS 512MB?

Just upgraded my rig to the Palit 9600 GT and the latest betas (174.74) and it still doesn't work. So much for the hope either the drivers or the card would fix the issue.

I too have been having scaling issue in 32-bit Vista

I have Planar 26" 8800GTX and now also a 9800GX2.

For some reason, no matter what I do, the NV control panel thinks that my monitor's native res is 1920 x1080 (as opposed to 1920 x1200)

And on the scaling type selection screen, I can't seem to select anything "let monitor handle the scaling." I would select something like "use nvidia fixed aspect scaling" and once I hit "apply" the setting is reverted back to "let monitor handle the scaling.."

This has been a problem for games, like HGL, where if I wanted to play in lower res say 1680x1050, the game would become very blurry (almost as if somehow the image is scaled to 1680x1050 from 1920x1080 instead of from 1920x1200)

Just upgraded my rig to the Palit 9600 GT and the latest betas (174.74) and it still doesn't work. So much for the hope either the drivers or the card would fix the issue.

Heh upgrading the hardware never works. In this case it actually worked against me because the 169.04 Driverset doesn't work with the newer 8800 GTS, only the old ones.
And at that time, Nvidia Scaling DEFINETLY worked at all resolution options.

At least there's some minor progress going on here since Nvidia Scaling does work at 800x600 now....

omg. After much experimenting around I figured a solution w/ custom resolutions

Now my 640x480 anamorphic shows up properly

ressetting.jpg

Joy!

Back