NVIDIA RTX Titan Teased by Influencers

$2100 for the Titan RTX, you heard it here first folks. :D

At that price bar a few complete tools that have to have the latest shiny to wank off too i don't see it selling much. It can't be more than a few % faster than Fe ti, even less so compared to clocked aib cards. And those have the advantage of a cooler that can....cool instead of constantly stay at 85c despite a huge vapor chamber and twin axial fans.,

So, 2080ti with fewer rt cores, or 2080ti with more rt cores?

Or just more money than you.

Stop with that nonsense. You have no idea how much money I have, what kind of job I have, etc.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that Nvidia jacking up the price of their top "gaming" card 70% is a shitty move, and when the price jumps 70% EVERYONE should stop and think if they really need it. If you do, good for you. Enjoy your card. Personally, I decided that I didn't, but I would have definitely bit if the price was sub-$800 like the rest of their Ti cards have been recently, and I suspect a lot more people would have also.

Wrong again. These are still the nice A chips.

I don't believe it. Unless you pull off the HSF and show me one with the receipt, I'd bet on it being the poor boosting version.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&N=100007709 50001314 50001402 50001312 50001315 50012150 50001471 8000 601321572&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&order=BESTMATCH

Here's the 2070's. They range from $499 to $620+ It's not just about cooling. Although, I definitely would like a list of what version goes in which card.

It's almost turning into Silicon Lottery. You pay for the best pre-binned silicon.

This guy had an RTX Titan:
WE12.jpg

The only people who should give a crap about RTX on the 2000 series are devs. Its not going to be usable in games (and will be an also ran bs feature even in those games) and future games that actually make use of ray tracing won't be playable on the 2000 series.

Only the Sith deal in absolutes :D

Gonna be a hard sell for a presumed 1 gig extra ram and a few more cuda cores. Be surprised if they can even push clocks up given that cooler is already having a hard time with the 2080-ti, mainly thanks to nvidia's "form over function" design mentality.

It won’t be a hard sell. People will buy it for e-peen. Look at how many people shelled out hundreds more for the older Titan cards when they cranked out only a few more FPS than Ti’s.

For the good it does, we're still better off just using PRman instead. Also, you've been able to run raytracing of gpus for a decade, 2000 series doesn't change anything either, cause the performance is still so bad as to never be used.

I use it all the time, I have no problem holding 3440x1440 60Hz in BFV with ultra/rtx low in multiplayer. In my use case I have 0% performance hit and really cool effects. That’s 2.5x the megapixels of 1080p. Exceeded expectations.

What I really want is DLSS2x. Come on nVidia....

As per the Titan... you won’t be able to tell the difference side by side with a 2080ti. Wish they went with a 3 slot cooler and higher PL boost too (off the assumption the cooler looks like the same as the 2080ti FE).

Last edited:
For the good it does

You've literally just characterized the entire 2000-series based on release numbers, while RTX is the biggest single jump in technology and is happening while some developers have somehow managed to not yet make the last jump (DX12/Vulkan).

It's asinine to criticize something that hasn't happened yet.

If you want a chip binned for a lower boost clock...

Plus, lets be realistic. It's closer to the 1080 than the 1080Ti, but priced the same as a used 1080Ti.

The good EVGA ones were $485-500 during Black Friday. $485 is still a bit over priced for what it is (IMO) but that is isn't too unreasonable. $350-400 is where it should be, IMO. The XC Ultra was in stock for a long time at $500.

You've literally just characterized the entire 2000-series based on release numbers, while RTX is the biggest single jump in technology and is happening while some developers have somehow managed to not yet make the last jump (DX12/Vulkan).

It's asinine to criticize something that hasn't happened yet.

Which is why as a consumer it is stupid to buy into at this point...

You gotta be insane to buy that.

Probably comes with a free copy of space invaders preinstalled as well.

Wrong. It goes for 450 to 500 now and includes bfv. It's a solid performer going between the 1080 and 1080ti.
Your apology/excuse from nGreedia is not the answer to the point. The 2070 is useless when the feature it was built to showcase is too slow to be used in a game.

nGreedia never talked about rasterisation at the RTX launch, so I won’t talk about it when talking about an RTX card.

It’s like your saying that the latest Ferrari which costs $150,000 and is marketed as being the the ultimate battery powered car, and then when you buy one, you find out that the battery only powers the lights, but damn, they’re nice lights, but the car can be overtaken by a Ford Fusion... It’s not the reason you bought the car for, and it’s not what was marketed.

In your world, that’s ok. But It’s not in mine.

The 2070 is being bought by people who think they will be playing amazing RT games on their $600 card, and quite rightly so, as $600 should buy you a damn good gaming experience. The truth is that they won’t be using the RT stuff, because it makes the game unplayable on their card. That’s certainly not what I would expect for a $600 card. If it was $300-$400, which is what it should have been, then yeah, you could say, oh well, it’s shit as an RT card, but it’s faster in legacy games than my last card which was $500, so it’s not so bad, but that’s not where we are, is it?

Last edited:
I used to be . . . .paid both in hardware and also real pay. Never did reviews though. They never told me what to say or include in build logs. That being said, NVIDIA has had a huge change in staff so there are probably people there making decisions whom I never met. BDR is a straight shooter and stand up guy so it is good to see [H] talking to him. Sean Cleveland is also an honest person from my experience.
I know Linus and Jay in real life . . .both good guys but I totally get the concerns over You Tube shilling in general among "Tech Tubers". I am not going to name names but I have seen shilling heavy among others not listed in this thread.
Some of the comments Kyle reflected on how Jay seems to not review great products Jay is always positive about from a certain vendor. There is more going on then being straight up green or red or blue for that matter.
I have my reservations about many youtubers it is simple they get products they do something with it and it is not always clear on what, one thing is clear without money changing hands youtube would not exist as a platform.
On my youtube accounts I had to scrub for months without content from Jay or Linus (he has more channels) appearing straight up dislikes on their content would not work they would keep appearing it is very hard work to have cleared them.
On my Nintendo Switch youtube app (without account login) they keep appearing as well and I never clicked any of their content. Somehow they are deemed relevant and why is that I can only state that I think google/youtube algorithm knows these channels are commercially viable (meaning they bring in the cash more then others do). And that is worrying to me as a consumer I can not rely on how content is driven on that platform but I can see how monetizing works.

I am very picky in that preference. Which brings me back to why Nvidia hands out cards when people do videos and they have 1 negative video on a heap of all shining bright positive ones doesn't that say enough about youtubers?

For the same reason we did not see any GPP video from all the "tech youtubers" and people walking on egg shells trying to avoid the subject or just claiming they could not get anything from their sources that alone is why youtube is rather too transparent.

The good EVGA ones were $485-500 during Black Friday. $485 is still a bit over priced for what it is (IMO) but that is isn't too unreasonable. $350-400 is where it should be, IMO. The XC Ultra was in stock for a long time at $500.

Fair enough, but that's not a regular price on the item (any more than any other BF or CM deal). It seems like the regular price is $500 for the poor binning and $600 for the good binning.

heres whats going to happen (not)

$1200 for titan RTX. everything else gets pushed down since they're not selling very fast.

I was just about to throw this into the discussion...It just does not seem logical to buy the 2080Ti at this price. I would like one just for 4K but it's a damn gaming card that does not even support 10bit color outside of Direct-X.
The Titan sounds like an excuse for them to reduce pricing on their existing line-up and return to previous levels. I guess we will soon find out or be surprised with an other ridiculously priced gaming card that does not even support 10bit color in content creation apps....

Stop with that nonsense. You have no idea how much money I have, what kind of job I have, etc.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that Nvidia jacking up the price of their top "gaming" card 70% is a shitty move, and when the price jumps 70% EVERYONE should stop and think if they really need it. If you do, good for you. Enjoy your card. Personally, I decided that I didn't, but I would have definitely bit if the price was sub-$800 like the rest of their Ti cards have been recently, and I suspect a lot more people would have also.

I agree and I would have bought one at $800 but I REFUSE to accept this pricing and since the release of the 2080Ti I have bought hardware costing 3X its value and will continue spending my money where I find real value and productivity gains. For games I simply don't want to spend this amount of money not because I can't but because my personal limit on "silliness" is below what nVidia thinks it is.

***EDIT***

Just to clarify - if I was making $100,000 per month I would buy it since its cost would be nothing. It is one thing to be able to afford something and another when your income is such that $1,400 is trivial like going on dinner on a Thursday night.

I think like many other people that I'm at the point where I'd rather spend that much money on another interest. Let's say these new Titans hover around $2K. I would rather have something new and shiny in my gun safe than in my PC case.

OK Andrew Ng is a great professor, but how did that Linus guy become famous? I tried to watch his videos and they are just cringe-worthy, he seems to have entirely superficial knowledge about everything...

This is a hilarious thread between the Nvidia (<- actual spelling of the company) jokes, the hate for influencers and gatekeeping...

Yes Nvidia pays money to get brand recognition, yes Nvidia had some issues with their launch but that's nothing new, yes there are people who get paid to show off products those usually knows how to sell their technical knowledge is often second hand, yes some people get hardware and can say it's shit and still get hardware because they have a huge following and sells products by featuring them and finally some people have different priorities than a $1k+ video cards..

Stop being jealous, avoid the people that annoys you and laugh a bit more and you probably live longer. This thread and the "sneaky" shit teasers is a good place to start laughing ;)

This is a hilarious thread between the Nvidia (<- actual spelling of the company) jokes, the hate for influencers and gatekeeping...

Yes Nvidia pays money to get brand recognition, yes Nvidia had some issues with their launch but that's nothing new, yes there are people who get paid to show off products those usually knows how to sell their technical knowledge is often second hand, yes some people get hardware and can say it's shit and still get hardware because they have a huge following and sells products by featuring them and finally some people have different priorities than a $1k+ video cards..

Stop being jealous, avoid the people that annoys you and laugh a bit more and you probably live longer. This thread and the "sneaky" shit teasers is a good place to start laughing ;)

Shilling isn't a funny subject to enthusiasts.

...Where are you getting that Linus is a sellout? I actually like how critical he is.

Let me preface by saying: I like LTT. That said, he has sold out - just not regarding Nvidia/RTX cards.

I still really enjoy the obscure parts, projects, and general hardware videos - but he has entirely too many fluff/filler videos not to mention the product placement. I think he grew his media company a little too big and now it’s a necessity to add all the junk and promotional content so they can pay the bills.

I absolutely hate the concept of "influencers".

They should rename it "idiots who know nothing but have an Instagram account".

It's just the latest stupid thing in the marketing war of manipulation.

That said, wasn't Titan no longer supposed to be a gaming product?

Also, maybe they should get their act together on their 2080ti problems before they even think of launching any more products.

There are good influencers, if these are one of them, that is another question. :D

Hahahahahaha!

A lot of us purchased a 2080Ti at exorbitant price under the (obviously mistaken) assumption that their wouldn't be a Titan this go around as Nvidia has been stating that Titans were meant as prosumer cards. Now we're seeing the RTX Titan in the hands of influencers and gaming component reviewers (unlike with the prosumer Titan V).

This is some bullshit!

I wouldn't expect anything less from Nvidia. :D

Hahahahahaha!

A lot of us purchased a 2080Ti at exorbitant price under the (obviously mistaken) assumption that their wouldn't be a Titan this go around as Nvidia has been stating that Titans were meant as prosumer cards. Now we're seeing the RTX Titan in the hands of influencers and gaming component reviewers (unlike with the prosumer Titan V).

This is some bullshit!

I wouldn't expect anything less from Nvidia. :D

A number of sites had made the point about an obvious missing chip on the PCB so this falls in line with suspicions known for months. I never doubted there would be a Titan or Titan(s). NV is notorious at this point for mix matching every part laying around to fab onto any tier level. My only shock was that the 2080TI cost essentially what last Titan gens did. That led me to believe the next round of Titans would be priced in the lower end Quadro arena which I know I can't afford.

edit: Drezkill's post answered my questions regarding specs and pricing. $2500.

OK Andrew Ng is a great professor, but how did that Linus guy become famous? I tried to watch his videos and they are just cringe-worthy, he seems to have entirely superficial knowledge about everything...

He was originally on Newegg or NCIX or another retail shop's video channel. That's where he got his followers from. Then he made his own channel and jumped ship and alot of people followed along.

While he does goofy shit some / alot of times, I give him credit for pulling it off. I agree with you - people @ [H] might not like him, but as long as he has mainstream followers (of which there are bazillion), he's getting his clicks and selling his merch / whatever it is he's selling.

YAY!!! Now we can get 34 FPS in 1080P instead of 30 FPS, when using Ray Tracing Features :LOL:

All for the low-low Price of $3299.99

Edit: Card was just announced and price is actually $2499

Last edited:
Back