NVIDIA RTX Titan Teased by Influencers

I'm out of the loop. I thought LTT also lambasted Nvidia's NDA....maybe I'm wrong. Sad to see he's now their pawn, whipping boy, danger noodle....whatever you want to call it.

Far as I recall he was ok with their NDA.

Less Cuda cores and GDDR6. No idea on the TMUs so my guess is $2699. They will want $2999 or higher but I wont upgrade to it with less CUDA's and running hot issues.
TITAN V was released on Dec 7, 2017. Maybe Nvidia will be bombing us with RTX TITAN on the 7th.

Well they've probably harvested enough full dies to release enough cards for sale. Doesn't bode well for the price that it took this long.

I never heard of 2 out of those 3 influencers...I only know of Linus...the 2000 series doesn't seem to be doing well...all I keep hearing about is cards failing, underwhelming ray-tracing numbers etc...and they want to release an even more expensive Titan version so soon?

I never heard of 2 out of those 3 influencers...I only know of Linus...the 2000 series doesn't seem to be doing well...all I keep hearing about is cards failing, underwhelming ray-tracing numbers etc...and they want to release an even more expensive Titan version so soon?

It's a strange direction for Nvidia to take with this sneak peak for sure. Lack of competition makes Nvidia a dull boy.

Less Cuda cores and GDDR6. No idea on the TMUs so my guess is $2699. They will want $2999 or higher but I wont upgrade to it with less CUDA's and running hot issues.
TITAN V was released on Dec 7, 2017. Maybe Nvidia will be bombing us with RTX TITAN on the 7th.

Im doubting it personally, the fact they've sent gaming oriented youtubers these cards would suggest it's not going to be as OTT as titan v was. Titan v moved away from geforce naming entirely and afaik they weren't "sampled" to youtube reviewers. I still reckon around $1500 if nvidia are trying to appeal to both gamers and "pro" users.

Hahaha, told you 2080ti owners so! You had a card for a month or two before it got relegated to an also-ran... Not a very nice $1300 bloody nose.

Didn’t nGreedia say that the 2080ti was going to be the only top end Turing card this gen?

That said, wasn't Titan no longer supposed to be a gaming product?
That's been my understanding. That if nVidia decided to release a new Titan, it would lack any optimizations in the drivers for games. It'll play games, but it'll potentially do worse at them than the series they're part of (2000-series in this case).

Of course in the usual fashion, I can't seem to track down any news report that I had read which outlines this *sigh* So I guess I'm just crazy? :\

So now instead of just merely bursting into flames in my box, it'll explode with enough ray-traced glory to take out most of the neighborhood? :)
Your computer will begin to shine so bright it will.... emit God-Rays! :pompous:

Also, how sad is it there's seemingly an embargo date now for the youtube arselick brigade to post pics of a fucking box of all things? :confused:

Made using an older NVIDIA QUADRO:
NVRTXBanal.png

Last edited:
I honestly can't stand all these sellouts like Linus, jayz 2cents etc. Just a bunch of fakes with limited knowledge whos purpose it is to market items to unsuspecting consumers that think they might learn something from these shills. They remind me of large Twitch streamers who are completely fake and always advertising for a quick buck.

Gone are the days when we used to read 20 page analysis from guys like Anand.
Geez, that's pretty brutal.

the 2000 series doesn't seem to be doing well...all I keep hearing about is cards failing, underwhelming ray-tracing numbers etc...and they want to release an even more expensive Titan version so soon?

2000 isn't doing well according to whom? An echo chamber of tantruming, "I wouldn't bang that supermodel anyway" nerds projecting their impotence?

How well its doing begins and ends at the marketplace. Meaning as long as the cards are still relatively out of stock, still hard to get, still selling for the same price, then all this weeping into pillows and "lol it'll just catch fire, rite gais?" amounts to little more than typing practice I'm afraid.

I'd very much like to be able to walk into Microcenter and pick up a 2080Ti for less than they're going for now. But until that day, they're doing well enough for a bunch of forum posts not to matter.

Last edited:
2000 isn't doing well according to whom? An echo chamber of tantruming, "I wouldn't bang that supermodel anyway" nerds projecting their impotence?

It begins and ends with the marketplace. As long as the cards are still relatively out of stock, still hard to get, and still selling for the same price, then all this weeping into pillows and "lol it'll just catch fire, right you guys?" is just typing practice I'm afraid.

out of stock claims mean nothing...giving retail outlets low quantities will lead to faster depletion of a product...failure numbers and overall complaints are up for this series compared to any recent Nvidia release...not to mention the underwhelming ray-tracing benchmarks which is supposed to be the biggest feature of these cards...

out of stock claims mean nothing...giving retail outlets low quantities will lead to faster depletion of a product...failure numbers and overall complaints are up for this series compared to any recent Nvidia release...not to mention the underwhelming ray-tracing benchmarks which is supposed to be the biggest feature of these cards...

Plenty of cards in stock in the uk\eu as well, it's just they're ridiculously priced or they're not the brand that some people want, palit\pny instead of asus\evga etc.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Influencers have been around for a while. That term is only popular because of the internet bringing more exposure.

I'm sure the first cavemen to make fire wanted to tell everyone about it as well. Except, they didn't get paid a shit ton of cash to do so.

Maybe people cooked their food for them and they got a lot of attention from the ladies.. I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know.

Geez, that's pretty brutal.
Pretty much true though.

I will be looking at those YouTubers who have this new card with very suspicious eyes. I don’t need some guy in his garage pretending to be an independent dude, one of us, yet on nGreedias payroll, and yes, I expect they don’t get paid in cash money, but these guys are getting 10s of thousands of dollars worth of “free” hardware. That’s getting payed, and pretty well in my book.

Last edited:
well we know who is on nv's payroll
I am and don't you forget it https://hardforum.com/threads/amd-rx-590-leaked-clocks-1680mhz.1971284/#post-1043929103

It seems that no one is paying interest on how this paints youtubers , it is excellent that they are getting these cards and post their "reviews" that way people know who they are and that will take care of the rest.

I mean how many people can keep endorsing Nvidia on youtube and not have a backlash and that will erode the credibility they have (or had?)?

heres whats going to happen (not)

$1200 for titan RTX. everything else gets pushed down since they're not selling very fast.

Influencers have been around for a while. That term is only popular because of the internet bringing more exposure.

I usually associate "influencers" with girls hawking hair and makeup products to teenagers (and getting paid to do so). If these guys are essentially the same thing but for PC products and not independent reviewers then they should be blacklisted from sites like this.

At this point in time, the use of "Influencers" by the WeForce Team just makes for more anti-NDA fodder. Which, in the end, may be looked back on as a good thing (depending on your POV).

That is, if the PC Gaming industry doesn't eventually crap out entirely because of one thing or another, or a combination of a lot of different things.

Pretty much true though.

I will be looking at those YouTubers who have this new card with very suspicious eyes. I don’t need some guy in his garage pretending to be an independent dude, one of us, yet on nGreedias payroll, and yes, I expect they don’t get paid in cash money, but these guys are getting 10s of thousands of dollars worth of “free” hardware. That’s getting payed, pretty well in my book.

I used to be . . . .paid both in hardware and also real pay. Never did reviews though. They never told me what to say or include in build logs. That being said, NVIDIA has had a huge change in staff so there are probably people there making decisions whom I never met. BDR is a straight shooter and stand up guy so it is good to see [H] talking to him. Sean Cleveland is also an honest person from my experience.
I know Linus and Jay in real life . . .both good guys but I totally get the concerns over You Tube shilling in general among "Tech Tubers". I am not going to name names but I have seen shilling heavy among others not listed in this thread.

In related news, Nvidia Financial Corp. is opening up business.

Loan it. Live it. Love it.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I don't see why they can't be judged on whether they report the truth.
The truth can take a long time to out, especially when nGreedia is involved. In the meantime, these people are influencing potentially hundreds of thousands of gullible people.

I will be the first to give credit where it’s due if these YouTubers and sites come out shitting on this card, because let’s face it, $2000 to have “acceptable” RT frame rates in 1440p is not any kind of value, in any sane persons mind. It also makes the rest of the RTX line up, apart from the 2080ti, a complete joke. The 2070 is already an overpriced card that can’t even play RT titles at playable frame rates, unless you game like its 2003 and 720p is where it’s at! Even the 2080 is barely any better.

To be honest, Turing is a bust. It’s foolish to buy any one of these cards and expect RT titles to be playable in a years time. As soon as the replacement comes out, Turing will be dead.

The truth can take a long time to out, especially when nGreedia is involved.

This is true, where it's true, for any company of their type.

these people are influencing potentially hundreds of thousands of gullible people.

They'll be gullible no matter what they buy. And if they buy a Titan-branded product and don't know why they bought it, that's on them. Titans are usually great values if you use them to their fullest. If you're just using them for gaming? Well, you're either spending money for the hell of it and/or you're gullible.

because let’s face it, $2000 to have “acceptable” RT frame rates in 1440p is not any kind of value

I find this argument continually hilarious. You're getting the fastest raster card you can get, period, and the fastest ray tracing card you can get. In fact, the RTX cards are infinitely faster than their competition at ray tracing!

To be honest, Turing is a bust.

Being honest would be recognizing that they're selling very well.

It’s foolish to buy any one of these cards and expect RT titles to be playable in a years time.

This is an opinion, and a prediction, that may or may not be true. The potential is definitely there, and it'd be foolish to deny that.

As soon as the replacement comes out, Turing will be dead.

Like the 1000-series, or the 900-series before it, or the one before that? History is not on your side :).

I find this argument continually hilarious. You're getting the fastest raster card you can get, period, and the fastest ray tracing card you can get. In fact, the RTX cards are infinitely faster than their competition at ray tracing!
And no ray tracing to be found except for battlefield 5 and the performance regardless of the ray tracing effects won't make it sell any cards.
I have yet to see someone say that the effects of ray tracing are so awesome in Battlefield 5 that you got to be crazy not to buy the RTX cards , how ever I have seen people that fall in the last category that say that DICE sucks at optimizing for hardware....

So you are buying your infinitely faster card for graphical effects that might appear at some point because Nvidia said that more titles with ray tracing are coming.

So you are buying your infinitely faster card for graphical effects that might appear at some point because Nvidia said that more titles with ray tracing are coming.

Well, I'm not, nor have I advocated for buyers to do so unequivocally. RTX is a potential bonus with the 2000-series. Part of that is that it's the way graphics are going; the challenge is that ray tracing is just really, really hard.

With respect to DICE- they've had their hits and misses. To be fair to them, BFV runs absolutely fantastic... in DX11. It looks very, very good even on aging hardware.

But the DX12 implementation leaves something to be desired, just like it did in BF1 and Battlefront II before it. Not sure if Hardline had it or not... but given that other large studios have managed to this well, I find it bordering on inexcusable. And given that their implementation of ray tracing depends on it, well, it does make BFV an objectively poor example at this time.

Titan was never really a gaming product, well it is and it isn't, or for that matter wasn't, the Titan was supposed to be a product meant for a between market segments group. Amatuer workstation rigs that could game, workstation cards cost alot of money the problem is for as beastly as they are they suck at gaming or did suck whether it was lack of specialization or lack or driver support. Kyle and Tom's if I am correct did articles and testing back in the 8800/9000 days comparing them, because some games were spending 3k on workstation cards and then complaining. These days I would argue the market segments is blurred a bit more, but it all your doing is gaming I would argue that you are not the intended consumer base for the product.

Oh this is simple. All drivers. Gaming drivers don't do what the software says and try to cut as many corners as possible. Professional drivers actually implement the API without cheats.

Well, I'm not, nor have I advocated for buyers to do so unequivocally. RTX is a potential bonus with the 2000-series. Part of that is that it's the way graphics are going; the challenge is that ray tracing is just really, really hard.
The bonus part is not so much bonus as it is hardware that can not do ray tracing at framerates the Nvidia crowd (you know more fps is better) are used to. People are upset at the price and that part is what reflects more on RTX then ray tracing.
Ray tracing is a problem in hardware there no software solutions that will make the hardware work better it has always been like that your hardware implementation either works or it won't.

Oh this is simple. All drivers. Gaming drivers don't do what the software says and try to cut as many corners as possible. Professional drivers actually implement the API without cheats.

The caveat here being that the hardware makers know how the hardware works and are relative experts and exploiting it, while game developers generally suck at optimization.

It's not a perfect solution, as you point out though, because the driver developer may choose not to implement stuff equivalently with respect to output.

I honestly can't stand all these sellouts like Linus, jayz 2cents etc. Just a bunch of fakes with limited knowledge whos purpose it is to market items to unsuspecting consumers that think they might learn something from these shills. They remind me of large Twitch streamers who are completely fake and always advertising for a quick buck.

Gone are the days when we used to read 20 page analysis from guys like Anand.

LTT shit on RTX and said don't buy it

Where are you getting that Linus is a sellout? I actually like how critical he is.

Last edited:
The bonus part is not so much bonus as it is hardware that can not do ray tracing at framerates the Nvidia crowd (you know more fps is better) are used to. People are upset at the price and that part is what reflects more on RTX then ray tracing.
Ray tracing is a problem in hardware there no software solutions that will make the hardware work better it has always been like that your hardware implementation either works or it won't.

Sure!

Just remember to balance that idea with the reality that ray tracing on any other card is measured in minutes per frame, rather than frames per second :).

The only people who should give a crap about RTX on the 2000 series are devs. Its not going to be usable in games (and will be an also ran bs feature even in those games) and future games that actually make use of ray tracing won't be playable on the 2000 series.

Back