NVIDIA RTX Titan Teased by Influencers

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
In what appears to be a coordinated “leak,” NVIDIA’s latest and greatest TITAN card has surfaced through the social media accounts and livestreams of three online personalities: Andrew Ng (co-founder of Coursera), Gavin Free (The Slo Mo Guys), and Linus Sebastian (Linus Tech Tips). The card is expected to feature a "full Turing TU102 GPU (with 4608 CUDA cores) paired with 12GB GDDR6 of memory."

The card would retain the design from RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition as revealed by the posts today. The card is also using a different color scheme (white and gold), which is the same scheme TITAN V was using. If this was an indicator of a pricing, then RTX TITAN surely won’t be cheap.

I absolutely hate the concept of "influencers".

They should rename it "idiots who know nothing but have an Instagram account".

It's just the latest stupid thing in the marketing war of manipulation.

That said, wasn't Titan no longer supposed to be a gaming product?

Also, maybe they should get their act together on their 2080ti problems before they even think of launching any more products.

Influencers have been around for a while. That term is only popular because of the internet bringing more exposure.

Not a chance...$1999 or bust.

Gonna be a hard sell for a presumed 1 gig extra ram and a few more cuda cores. Be surprised if they can even push clocks up given that cooler is already having a hard time with the 2080-ti, mainly thanks to nvidia's "form over function" design mentality.

Gonna be a hard sell for a presumed 1 gig extra ram and a few more cuda cores. Be surprised if they can even push clocks up given that cooler is already having a hard time with the 2080-ti, mainly thanks to nvidia's "form over function" design mentality.

I would have said a $1200 Ti would be a hard sell, but some people have more money than brains.

Also, maybe they should get their act together on their 2080ti problems before they even think of launching any more products.

Titan was never really a gaming product, well it is and it isn't, or for that matter wasn't, the Titan was supposed to be a product meant for a between market segments group. Amatuer workstation rigs that could game, workstation cards cost alot of money the problem is for as beastly as they are they suck at gaming or did suck whether it was lack of specialization or lack or driver support. Kyle and Tom's if I am correct did articles and testing back in the 8800/9000 days comparing them, because some games were spending 3k on workstation cards and then complaining. These days I would argue the market segments is blurred a bit more, but it all your doing is gaming I would argue that you are not the intended consumer base for the product.

He hasn't signed the nvidia NDA which entitles them to come over and shit in your cornflakes if they so wish.

But I have heard on good authority that it's really good chocolate syrup that comes with a complimentary glass of green koolaid.

Actually, "influencers" have been around fro decades. Alcohol companies paid young good looking people to go to bars and order specific a specific beer or alcohol and rave about it. Humans being what they are, would soon be ordering what the good looking folks were ordering. Modern influencers just have an easier distribution method and its not so granular.

Jayz2cents also got one:

2:20

Considering the temps on 2080ti-fe can easily hit mid 80's be interesting to see how this cooler (which looks to be the same so far) copes with a faster gpu.

I honestly can't stand all these sellouts like Linus, jayz 2cents etc. Just a bunch of fakes with limited knowledge whos purpose it is to market items to unsuspecting consumers that think they might learn something from these shills. They remind me of large Twitch streamers who are completely fake and always advertising for a quick buck.

Gone are the days when we used to read 20 page analysis from guys like Anand.

Same could be said for a lot of the old hardware review sites. If you act like you know what you're talking about people will assume you do know and listen to you. This applies to everything, not just reviewers or "influences".

I honestly can't stand all these sellouts like Linus, jayz 2cents etc. Just a bunch of fakes with limited knowledge whos purpose it is to market items to unsuspecting consumers that think they might learn something from these shills. They remind me of large Twitch streamers who are completely fake and always advertising for a quick buck.

Gone are the days when we used to read 20 page analysis from guys like Anand.

I wouldn't say Jay is fake, but outside of water cooling he really does have limited knowledge of stuff. He, at least, does try to learn when he fucks up. Really though, his videos where he is doing random weird shit are more interesting then him trying to sit and be serious or review hardware.

Meh.. it'll be like 5% faster and cost 50% more.

I'm guessing about 15-20% faster, and $3000, which is about what the Titans usually are (well, at least speed. The price was permanently bumped though on the Titan V). Though, I'm going to guess that RTX features might be 40-60% faster.

I'm guessing about 15-20% faster, and $3000, which is about what the Titans usually are (well, at least speed. The price was permanently bumped though on the Titan V). Though, I'm going to guess that RTX features might be 40-60% faster.

Price was bumped on the v but they repositioned that away from being an "also can game" card. This one seems to be more in the gaming catagory (seeing as they've gave YouTubers cards when with the titan v they didn't) so they might not go fully derp with prices.

Last edited:
Shitty GDDR6 as well and not even HBM with that price. The added bandwidth may have actually made the raytracing doable at that price point.
From what I've read it can be possible to have GDDR6 with higher bandwidths than HBM2. It just depends on how hard they push the chip and what bandwidth they pair it with.

I'm out of the loop. I thought LTT also lambasted Nvidia's NDA....maybe I'm wrong. Sad to see he's now their pawn, whipping boy, danger noodle....whatever you want to call it.

Back