NVIDIA RTX: Cinematic Real-Time Ray Tracing

So a person doesn't play maxed out anyway and prefers very high fps, will the RTX cards be a huge speed boost or are they just adding ray tracing cores?

Thats what I need to know. I am all for pretty but I also want 144fps at 1440p or it's not going to feel right to me :(

Robot again? Boring, boring , boring from a technical and artistic standpoint.

now, a human body and face with soft deformation, wearing a Elton John cloak.

heck, might as well mimic Elton John in one of his flashy performances. ( plenty of lights and reflections, crowd scenes, a mix of soft and hard materials)

(with starpower, you get much better exposure too. Might even get picked up by main stream broadcast media)

So edgy. Shooting your own gaming in the foot to spite a company that's never heard of you. A+++++ post would laugh at again.

Ahh yes when you put your video game god rays above your ethics...you might have your priorities a little fucked up. Ill take the A+++++, You only get a B tho...good try lil buddy!

Hell it's about time. Copying StarCraft2 trailer?

So much ray tracing a lighting magic but no technology can make a perfect human face and motion. Just look at any human animations and you know it's CGI.

actually, you may have not even known you were watching CGI rendered actors in the past.

Example:
upload_2018-8-17_9-37-26.png

upload_2018-8-17_9-38-34.png

I just don't see it..figuratively speaking. Looks clean...too clean, almost sanitary. Nice reflections, maybe its me... maybe its just a bad demo.. idk. It's cool they are running on single card instead of 4 Volta's, but it just does not seem to be that much better than current stuff on consumer level cards. It seems like we or they are stuck in a proverbial ditch. AMD pushing cores, nvidia pushing ray tracing... meanwhile games just seem to be same old stuff. Last time i was blown away by a PC game or demo... it was on the Rift. Watching/playing on a screen, the tech really needs to jump experimentally to beat the immersion of VR.

I just don't see it..figuratively speaking. Looks clean...too clean, almost sanitary. Nice reflections, maybe its me... maybe its just a bad demo.. idk. It's cool they are running on single card instead of 4 Volta's, but it just does not seem to be that much better than current stuff on consumer level cards. It seems like we or they are stuck in a proverbial ditch. AMD pushing cores, nvidia pushing ray tracing... meanwhile games just seem to be same old stuff. Last time i was blown away by a PC game or demo... it was on the Rift. Watching/playing on a screen, the tech really needs to jump experimentally to beat the immersion of VR.

Did you try Vermintide 2? That game has the best graphics of any game I've seen yet. It's sometimes hard to keep focused on the objective because you just find yourself admiring the game world.

Maybe Rift is cutting edge on VR, but for graphics on PC? If that's your benchmark, you aren't even close to comparing the best on PC - so no wonder you aren't that impressed lately.

Did you try Vermintide 2? That game has the best graphics of any game I've seen yet. It's sometimes hard to keep focused on the objective because you just find yourself admiring the game world.

Maybe Rift is cutting edge on VR, but for graphics on PC? If that's your benchmark, you aren't even close to comparing the best on PC - so no wonder you aren't that impressed lately.

No... will give it a look. Thanks

V2 looks cool... but it does not look that much diff from other games ive seen or played lately. ... As for "benchmark"... not sure what you're referring too. For me VR is about immersion, sure its not 4k graphics but, a flat screen...even @ 64k res is still just a flat screen. VR is true 3D...I wish i would have never played skyrim, because skyrim VR is the only way to experience Tamriel... its just amazing.

If it's anything like the existing multigpu support that's also built into some of those engines, then I'm not too optimistic about it.

DX12/Vuklan pushed multi-GPU support from NVIDIA to the developers. And developers aren't going to put in the effort, especially with the inherent limitations involved.

Multi-GPU is dead.

Oh really? Why can I download this demo made in 2012 that uses DX11 that gives me real time ray tracing? Nvidia is adding the same shit we see from Creative's EAX and Nvidia's PhysX. Runs on top of existing API's but proprietary enough to deny competitors.

You can do Ray Tracing through shaders, but it's not optimal. What NVIDIA is doing is putting in specialized HW specially optimized for Ray Tracing, so that it's doable in real-time.

APIs grow through extensions; what others put into the APIs eventually gets mainlined into the next version of the specification.

How much does Nvidia expect me to pay for 30 FPS?

(I assume that's what the cinematic means)

Ah right I missed that... good 'ol 24.976 the "true" cinematic experience.

not impressed... rarely do metallic reflections look like that... the star wars ray tracking video was much better

Back