NVIDIA RTX 3090 Will Allegedly Offer A Massive 50% Performance Increase

erek

[H]F Junkie
"An NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti for reference scores around 6300 points in Time Spy Extreme and a 50% increase over this amount would be 9450 points. If the card has *any* overclocking headroom, we should expect to see overclockers break the 10000 points barrier within days of the GPUs shipping to customers. Of course, NVIDIA could also decide to go with highly conservative clocks so it is advisable not to get too excited at this stage (till the final clocks are confirmed).

As far as the leaks stand, it looks like NVIDIA is all set to keep the title of performance king and AMD's big Navi (according to leaks) will be slightly faster than an RTX 2080 Ti (although in typical AMD fashion should be surprisingly affordable). It is worth noting that at this level of performance, we might actually be able to hit the coveted 4K90 standard for VR headsets. The HP Reverb G2 for example has a resolution that is almost 2.5x of Oculus quest and this card would be able to run that like a champ.

The shroud design of NVIDIA's upcoming series also leaked out a while back from a validation line and the company will be using a very cool looking aesthetic (should they choose to go with it). The introduction of an RTX 3090 is also a new and we expect part of the company's effort to distinguish its flagship from the usual successors. It does remain to be seen just how much NVIDIA will be charging for it. If this is based on older Turing pricing then it is going to cost an arm and a leg but we have a feeling that based on past experiences with RTX 2000 series cards, and Jensen's love for record quarters, they might actually decide to make it (relatively) more affordable."

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-rtx-3090-will-allegedly-offer-a-massive-50-performance-increase/

and Jensen's love for record quarters, they might actually decide to make it more expensive."

There was too much wishful thinking in the article, so I Fixed it.

Also we went from 30% to 50% performance increase, can we get to 75% before release ? :D But if we delay it a few more months we might actually get to 100% (hype).

Sounds cool but the you can damn be sure price will be going up then if AMD doesn't bring the big guns.

$2500 - Titian
$1500 - 3090
$1200 - 3080
$700 - 3070
$500 - 3060
$300 - 3050 w/o DXR

There was too much wishful thinking in the article, so I Fixed it.

Also we went from 30% to 50% performance increase, can we get to 75% before release ? :D But if we delay it a few more months we might actually get to 100% (hype).
It's a wwccfftteecchh article. You can have any percent you want w/out repercussion.

Katcorgi is 100% right even has the avatar to boot probably surfs overseas forums for info. Videocardz said they both predicted the last gen of cards specs.

If AMD is faster than a 2080Ti under $700, for me, I would go with that.
But of course, if AMD drivers still suck this round, I'll have to overpay like everyone else for Nvidia again.

I think the driver issue while can be legit for some. Its just overblown in some cases. I have two buddies who didn't have their damn ram stable and blamed it on graphics drivers. If you are crashing on desktop and you are crashing soon after game loads it really tends to be ram stability related. I mean some issues i agree but then again they all have some ongoing issues that they fix. I personally haven't had many issues with my 5700xt. I always check for ram stability on a build before putting it on video card.

With that said there might have been more issues early on but the drivers are pretty stable as of now and given we are dealing with RDNA as base I don't see them having too many issues with stability.

I think the driver issue while can be legit for some. Its just overblown in some cases. I have two buddies who didn't have their damn ram stable and blamed it on graphics drivers. If you are crashing on desktop and you are crashing soon after game loads it really tends to be ram stability related. I mean some issues i agree but then again they all have some ongoing issues that they fix. I personally haven't had many issues with my 5700xt. I always check for ram stability on a build before putting it on video card.

With that said there might have been more issues early on but the drivers are pretty stable as of now and given we are dealing with RDNA as base I don't see them having too many issues with stability.

Also DLSS 2.0 - if AMD does not have response to that - it will be a tough sell given how amazing tech is when implemented properly.

The issues that made me frustrated was when my monitor went to sleep and turned back on the image was dim.
Then if I tried to adjust the color, the color gamut was way off and no matter what adjustment I did I couldn't get sRGB to work until I did something in a random pattern.

Then gaming had its own issues. AMD has to get this right or another 2-3 years will pass them by.

Also DLSS 2.0 - if AMD does not have response to that - it will be a tough sell given how amazing tech is when implemented properly.
DLSS 3.0 launches with Ampere, and it is not something you have to specifically code for, the NVidia drivers will automatically enable it if you are using TAA in any title. DLSS 2.0 was the opening act 3.0 is where the magic happens.

Reactions: erek
like this
DLSS 3.0 launches with Ampere, and it is not something you have to specifically code for, the NVidia drivers will automatically enable it if you are using TAA in any title. DLSS 2.0 was the opening act 3.0 is where the magic happens.
excited for DLSS 3.0?

excited for DLSS 3.0?
Sort of, DLSS 2.0 greatly fixed some nausea issues I was facing playing titles at 1440p, so if 3.0 does it better or across more games I will be a happy camper. I don't know what it is but my old 24" 1080p screen on my 1080 didn't give me problems but my 32" 1440p on a 2080TI one makes my stomach churn after an hour or so, not sure why the Framerates are better and everything looks smooth, but I did find that when DLSS 2.0 was running though I couldn't actually see any difference in game I could easily manage 2 hours or more before having to take a quick break. So while the only DLSS 2.0 Title I am currently playing is MW5:Mercs it was a hugely positive experience and I'll take any positives I can get at this point.

Last edited:

The problem seems to be that you have to bend over backwards to get AMD GPU's to work sometimes. People suggesting new PSU's and a bunch of other "fixes", while the same exact system works just fine with Nvidia. AMD must have a much smaller tolerance for inputs, since Nvidia seems to work much better with more systems.

I personally don't care about DLSS or any other image manipulation. If I have the raw power I will go for that any day. Set resolution-settings and game on lol.
This was me six months ago. Then I actually saw it firsthand in Control, and the DLSS version actually looked slightly better to me than the native 4K. Don't ask me how or why it works. But that was a real WTF eye opener.

The problem seems to be that you have to bend over backwards to get AMD GPU's to work sometimes. People suggesting new PSU's and a bunch of other "fixes", while the same exact system works just fine with Nvidia. AMD must have a much smaller tolerance for inputs, since Nvidia seems to work much better with more systems.
I have some Pro WX systems for a drafting lab and they are minor nightmares, once Lenovo starts selling the Threadripper pro systems those are gone and replaced with Quadro's. What we have found is minor fluctuations in power at the outlet cause the biggest issue for us so I would say you are correct and that for what ever series of design reasons the AMD cards are just not as tolerant to voltage or amperage fluctuations. Getting those machines on dedicated PSU's was the biggest stability improvement we did to them.

Yeah a GPU is an easy thing to blame because that is the part that is perceived to be under load when the incident occurs, but internally a lot of our AMD driver problems have actually been anything from a faulty download, it wont pass CRC but it will still install "Error Free" and bad .Net libraries where uninstalling and reinstalling those corrects the problem. So not AMD driver issues exactly but their Installer itself needs to do some better dependency checking and have some internal error codes added to it.

The issues that made me frustrated was when my monitor went to sleep and turned back on the image was dim.
Then if I tried to adjust the color, the color gamut was way off and no matter what adjustment I did I couldn't get sRGB to work until I did something in a random pattern.

Then gaming had its own issues. AMD has to get this right or another 2-3 years will pass them by.

I have had the 5700xt for a few months. I had a bunch of best buy points and had some money on my work reward card. Got the XFX Thic 3 for like 256 shipped. I honestly have had 0 issues with it. I know they have really addressed alot last few releases so may be thats why. But I switch between my work laptop and personal desktop all the time and really have had no issue waking from sleep.

we'll know what Nvidia thinks about Big Navi when they announce pricing...if Nvidia is taking Big Navi as a serious threat then the Ampere launch prices will be cheaper...if not Ampere prices will be higher

we'll know what Nvidia thinks about Big Navi when they announce pricing...if Nvidia is taking Big Navi as a serious threat then the Ampere launch prices will be cheaper...if not Ampere prices will be higher

Pay to play baby.

Nope, the prices will be high until Big Navi releases since AMD still can't beat the 2 year old part.

That's what I'm wanting to see more than benchmarks almost is pricing cause I'm really wanting a 3070. Not that my 2070 is having trouble running anything especially at 1080 and it's able to get almost everything into the 120+ fps range but I'm wanting to be able to crank the settings up more, maybe even max them out and based on all the speculation it looks like a 3070 would be able to do just that and still have me between 120-200 fps in the games I play.

Back