NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti and 3070 Ti Officially Announced

DPI

[H]F Junkie
Event: May 31, 10PM PST / June 1, 1AM EST

Last edited:
Zotac jumping the gun with a tweet & delete

1622499538966.png

$1199...

They can stuff it. Nearly 75% more money than the 3080 for around 10% more performance even at 4k. FFS might as well get the full blown 3090 for 300 bucks more.
Exactly what I posted on reddit almost word for word lol.

"$1200 what a joke. 71% more expensive than the 3080 for 10-15% more performance and 2 GB VRAM. And that's the FE base price, the gouged AIB prices will be even more expensive. Plus they have the LHR nerf.

Just get (or try to get) a 3090 instead. You can even mine on it for a while to cover the cost difference."

The price for the 3070 ti is reasonable though, albeit with 8gb vram

$1199...

They can stuff it. Nearly 75% more money than the 3080 for around 10% more performance even at 4k. FFS might as well get the full blown 3090 for 300 bucks more.
The problem is there aren't enough people willing to pass on it at $1200. And that price will actually be the very bottom of the MSRP range. Some partner 3080 Ti's will alllegedly MSRP at $1500-$2200+.

Add the scarcity factor of FE only being sold out of Best Buy - and near-impossible to get without a bot/bypass - as well as being the only 3080 Ti without the LHR limiter. The FE 3080 Ti will be the golden, most sought-after SKU up there with White Strix, and easily command $3200-$3500 on eBay.

Last edited:
$1199...

This has to be the worst Ti release ever, the value proposition is just rubbish. Can't believe I have been waiting so long for this half arsed card.

This has to be the worst Ti release ever, the value proposition is just rubbish. Can't believe I have been waiting so long for this half arsed card.
Especially odd since the 3080 is an amazing value this gen.
The 3080 Ti price is obviously inflated due to the current market situation. IMO

Same reason the 3060 price sucks. And the 6700 XT price sucks.

Called it. You people believing it was going to be $1000 in this gpu climate were being very naive. I expect the cheapest AiB to be $1500 and those will be rare.

Today I learned the Nvidia calls it Tie. Ugh.
It's short for "Titanium," hence "Tie."
Huang says "T I".
The creator of the GIF says "JIFF," but that doesn't make it the correct way to say it. JIFF is a completely different file format and the 'G' in GIF stands for "Graphics."
Called it. You people believing it was going to be $1000 in this gpu climate were being very naive. I expect the cheapest AiB to be $1500 and those will be rare.
It was according to the image above. Seems like a last minute change, probably due to number crunching on cost of supplies, manufacturing, tariffs, imports, etc.

The "bump" from $999 to $1,199 is in the same style, but worse, as when Nvidia charged a significant premium for founder's editions reference cards in the 1xxx and 2xxx series.

It's short for "Titanium," hence "Tie."

The creator of the GIF says "JIFF," but that doesn't make it the correct way to say it. JIFF is a completely different file format and the 'G' in GIF stands for "Graphics."

It was according to the image above. Seems like a last minute change, probably due to number crunching on cost of supplies, manufacturing, tariffs, imports, etc.

It really doesn't since we know Nvidia has rebranded 3080TI dies to other chips since we've since pictures of the relabeling and Nvidia has been teasing the 3080TI for months. The cost to build is a slightly better binned chip than a 3080 and two extra gigs of VRAM with all the tracings already on the board. The extra $200 is a pure profit taking. Nvidia believes it can easily charge an extra 20% and is greedily grabbing what it can.

The "bump" from $999 to $1,199 is in the same style, but worse, as when Nvidia charged a significant premium for founder's editions reference cards in the 1xxx and 2xxx series.

It really doesn't since we know Nvidia has rebranded 3080TI dies to other chips since we've since pictures of the relabeling and Nvidia has been teasing the 3080TI for months. The cost to build is a slightly better binned chip than a 3080 and two extra gigs of VRAM with all the tracings already on the board. The extra $200 is a pure profit taking. Nvidia believes it can easily charge an extra 20% and is greedily grabbing what it can.

Yeah cant have it cheaper than the 2080 Ti card, have to make as much as they can to keep bankruptcy away.

Confirmed gouged msrp. thanks nvidia.

That's not what price gouging is. Also, companies shift around pricing all the time based on market conditions and what they feel they can get away with charging. Doesn't mean the price still doesn't suck (to put it mildly) but Nvidia potentially deciding to change prices last minute isn't really some big issue.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Wouldn't it be great to be excited for a new graphics card?

I remember those days....long long ago.

3070ti price is interesting. Guess they were locked in there. I see this as more of an opportunity for a price hike while saving face.

$1199...

Doesn't matter. With the excessive GPU demand they'll be sold out for the foreseeable future anyways, and sold for a lot more than that. And not just sold out, instantly sold out.

3070ti price is interesting. Guess they were locked in there. I see this as more of an opportunity for a price hike while saving face.
When things normalize you'd be foolish not to spend $100 more and get the 3080.

I was never taught had to spell or pronunciate sadly. But that's why we keep you people around.
Well apparently not or you wouldn't be asking a stupid question like where is the e in titanium..

Back