NVIDIA RTX 3000 SUPER Information Leaks -videocardz

legcramp

[H]F Junkie

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...per-and-3060-super-get-rumored-specifications

The full list of all four RTX 30 SUPER SKUs has been shared by kopite7kimi, a leaker who revealed the specs of NVIDIA Ampere GPUs more than a year before release.

GeForce-RTX-3080-Ti-Hero-Banner-1600x349.jpg

Kopite revealed the specs of the missing three SKUs of the upcoming RTX 30 desktop series. It is worth noting that NVIDIA is also planning a refresh for its mobile GPU, in fact, we have just covered a leak featuring such SKU here, but those were not included in today’s leak. The desktop SUPER series is supposedly coming in early 2022, but the firm date has not yet been revealed.

The RTX 30 SUPER will be a stop-gap between Ampere and Lovelace, for this reason, NVIDIA does not want to compete with its own products, but rather give its existing SKUs a bit more power and hopefully also more choice to customers (who may or may not be able to find them the shelves one day). According to Kopite, the RTX 3080 SUPER would feature 8960 CUDA cores, but he does not clarify if this is still the GA102 or the rumored GA103 GPU. Interestingly, the configuration of the memory has not changed compared to RTX 3080 Ti, it is 12GB GDDR6X.

It gets a bit more interesting once we get to RTX 3070 SUPER, which would supposedly offer just as many cores as the existing RTX 3070 SKU, but the memory would be upgraded to GDDR6X version. This would give NVIDIA more flexibility when it comes to supplying AIBs, who then may or may not flash the SUPER BIOS for essentially the same GPU configuration.

Definitely, the most interesting SKU from the upcoming SUPER refresh is the RTX 3060 SUPER. The card would allegedly feature more cores than RTX 3060 Ti, which is 5632 CUDA cores compared to 4864 on the Ti model. This means that the card must be using GA104 GPU instead of GA106.
The RTX 30 SUPER SKUs are not making the current lineup any less confusing than it already was. Should the specs be confirmed, the SKU spam will definitely cause a headache to many enthusiasts, especially those looking at the XX60 series.

leak.png

Last edited:
Not complaining about the news , a refresh was expected . but I can already see the high MSRP , scalpers and shortages kill this release , sad times for gamers

Doesn't really seem like much of a change over the regular or Ti series.

Wow, the more you buy the more you save actually sounds like a solid sales pitch in hindsight. Could have resold them at a profit…

A couple hundred cores isn't going to make a big difference, so those who already have a card don't need to worry about sidegrading. The 3060S looks like the only one that is a real upgrade, but why would anybody consider a 3070S with those specs by comparison?

Can't believe it's already been a year. Time flies.

I'm in for a 3090 Super for Battlefield 2042, plus an extra 200-300 of every Super model for my cousin that's trying to build a gaming rig and just needs a GPU.

Last edited:
For a gaming perspective totally asinine, there was little difference between OG 3080 and 3090, none between the 3080 ti and 3090 and now a 3080s will muddy things even more? Maybe just an excuse for a more severe LHR implementation.

forget refreshes when you can't even get enough product out to the people who want them.

The super being sometime stronger than the TI but usually lower is getting Rambo franchise naming confusing. if true I would imagine that it reflect better:

what is achieved by the process (i.e. a lot of working core are starting to get lost)
Having the 3080 transition to a 12 gig or more VRAM card.

With nothing being lost at all, just pure positive for every party involved (outside who care brand confusion)

A couple hundred cores isn't going to make a big difference, so those who already have a card don't need to worry about sidegrading. The 3060S looks like the only one that is a real upgrade, but why would anybody consider a 3070S with those specs by comparison?
yeah and the 3070ti was already within margin of error, for a performance difference.

Perhaps the Super will allow NVidia to discontinue the normal models. Hello new LHR product with an increased MSRP.

Perhaps the Super will allow NVidia to discontinue the normal models. Hello new LHR product with an increased MSRP.
They haven't really been making much of the "normal" models for a while outside of any remaining orders they were originally contractually bound to. But yeah price increase for sure Samsung and TSMC raised their prices by 20%, AMD is apparently pissed because Apple is only getting a 3% price increase.

They're really going to whip this already beat and broken horse, aren't they?

The only way to get one will be to play the EVGA lottery, design a better bot, or pay a scalper some ridiculous amount over MSRP.
Otherwise, if you can't actually get one, do they really exist?

It is within the normal time for a refresh. It just seems odd to have one when hardly anyone that is not running a mining farm had any real chance to pick up a pre refresh card.

No biggie. It's refresh time. We could always hope they stockpile the refresh so they can flood the market and allow some gamers to get cards. Of course most gamers are buying multiples anymore to mine with so it probably doesn't matter from a supply/availability perspective.

This is pretty much 6800GT/6800Ultra or 9800Pro/9800XT in 2022.
Or the 1900xtx. I think you may be right at the top end where the 3080 Ti and 3090 are already using close to the full GA102. If there is a Super replacement for these two, it will need a speed increase to be anywhere near attractive. However, any speed increase will be relatively anemic since the chip doesn't have much overhead past 1900mhz.

The 3080, on the other hand, likely will see a Super variant with more SMs and CUs, somewhere between the 3080 and 3080 Ti.

And I'm so incredibly bored at this point to state this, but you won't be able to find one, at least nothing near MSRP.

I used to get excited hearing about new PC gaming hardware and game releases. Now I just don't care. Mining and/or the chip shortage have/has ruined the hobby for me. I will probably be sticking to my 2080 till it becomes obsolete. When it does... who knows, maybe I'll go full console or something.

It's not that I can't afford it. Just on principle I don't want to.

Back