NVIDIA RTX 3000 SUPER Information Leaks -videocardz

I used to get excited hearing about new PC gaming hardware and game releases. Now I just don't care. Mining and/or the chip shortage have/has ruined the hobby for me. I will probably be sticking to my 2080 till it becomes obsolete. When it does... who knows, maybe I'll go full console or something.

It's not that I can't afford it. Just on principle I don't want to.
I said this same this early on. Being a PC enthusiast has become a joyless hobby this past year. On one side you have the scalpers and resellers squeezing every once of blood out of you, on the other you have a massive influx of newbies and undesirables joining the market for the wrong reasons. I don't recall since starting with my first C128 considering giving up and re-focusing on other hobbies (which I did for a good while e.g. power lifting, kayaking). There's the principle of it, as you say, and the utter exhaustion of having to deal with the market and bad actors.

It's ironic since from a hardware perspective the past year and a half has seen some great tech and products (relative to the general lull of the prior 5 years). We have AMD back in the game in a big way. We have hardware that's able to push new rendering paths and AI. Intel has finally woken up to competition and is on the cusp of joining the GPU fray. Mobile silicon has made extraordinary advancements in compute and rendering power. Display and storage advancements have accelerated. This should be more fun.

Back