Nvidia RTX 30-Series GPU Availability to Worsen in Q1: Report

When was it ever easy? I've been on the EVGA waiting list for a 3080 since September 28th and there are people that signed up 2 days before me that have gotten their notifications and i still have not. If they are truly going by 'first come first serve' it either shows that everyone signed up between those 48 hours and/or the supply is really that low. I've pretty much given up at this point. My 1080ti will suffice for now.

Every time I have walked into Microcenter Columbus Oh since the 3070 release date there have been 3080s and 3090s on the shelf.. Too rich for my blood, but are there mostly ungouged in price.

I wish I could just find some reasonably priced 1060/70 series cards to build a few small minecraft computers from my sons friends... But even those are like 100-150+

Every time I have walked into Microcenter Columbus Oh since the 3070 release date there have been 3080s and 3090s on the shelf.. Too rich for my blood, but are there mostly ungouged in price.

I wish I could just find some reasonably priced 1060/70 series cards to build a few small minecraft computers from my sons friends... But even those are like 100-150+

Really?

Wow.

The shelves have been completely empty at the Cambridge Mass microcenter every time I've been there since launch.

How do you get worse than 0?

It seem to me that you can get 3060/3070 when you buy pre-built dell/hp computers (I imagine that where virtually all of the non mining goes), but at the moment even them seem to have an hard time getting 3080, so yes room to get worst and it did seem to get worst. Maybe it is a facade and you never received your computer, but I suspect that how people get those cards. It could get to the point than even the 3060/3070 stop being options when you build full computer.

The first months it look like Ampere had more volume than Pascal/Turing did in their days but that instead of ramping up, it is going down.

How can it go worse from zero? Does it go negative value and turn into a black hole that sucks all the serie 3000 cards away from the 15 customers that has one?

Joking aside, I am so glad I managed to grab 3070 when I had the change, before the prices jumped up and all. I would be furious if I had slept on it and decided to do it later.

It seem to me that you can get 3060/3070 when you buy pre-built dell/hp computers (I imagine that where virtually all of the non mining goes), but at the moment even them seem to have an hard time getting 3080, so yes room to get worst and it did seem to get worst. Maybe it is a facade and you never received your computer, but I suspect that how people get those cards. It could get to the point than even the 3060/3070 stop being options when you build full computer.

The first months it look like Ampere had more volume than Pascal/Turing did in their days but that instead of ramping up, it is going down.

You can absolutely get them, it just takes effort now. If you're not willing to idle in stock discords and check your phone like a crazy person for every notification from Distill, twitter and Discord then checkout as fast as possible, its not going to happen. I picked up my 3090FE on BestBuy's last drop and a 3070FE from today's BestBuy drop without much trouble (friend was also looking for a card)... just gotta be fast.

You can absolutely get them, it just takes effort now. If you're not willing to idle in stock discords and check your phone like a crazy person for every notification from Distill, twitter and Discord then checkout as fast as possible, its not going to happen. I picked up my 3090FE on BestBuy's last drop and a 3070FE from today's BestBuy drop without much trouble (friend was also looking for a card)... just gotta be fast.
Outside the USA that seem to be quite harder too. I follow those and almost all the time it is for an American customer.

If you simply build a dell/HP you do not need to be lucky or fast too, right ? And if that stop to be true, that would be significantly worst, it would be going from it is real easy to get a card even outside the USA (3060ti/3070) if you are ready to pay for a complete computer from a major dealer, to hard even in that case.

Outside the USA that seem to be quite harder too. I follow those and almost all the time it is for an American customer.

If you simply build a dell/HP you do not need to be lucky or fast too, right ? And if that stop to be true, that would be significantly worst, it would be going from it is real easy to get a card even outside the USA (3060ti/3070) if you are ready to pay for a complete computer from a major dealer, to hard even in that case.
Availability in certain parts of Asia is definitely a bit better, though retail prices there tend to be 30-40% over US and the incomes are lower so that makes sense.

Not true. Alienware at least has been out of stock twice now on RTX 3000 series. The build lead time is also 4 - 6 weeks.

This makes PS5 and Xbox Series X availability seem downright trivial by comparison. Volumes for those are at least expected to improve this quarter rather than get worse!

I am looking forward to buy a 3060 / Ti. I don't want a scalper card.

There is this guy on Facebook marketplace in my area who has a Ti and won't give me a price lol. He want me to say a price first. lol

I guess I will 24/7 monitor Amazon.

Its been done. 90's group :p

Lol

I had totally forgotten about that band. That song is still instantly recognizable from all the time it spent on the radio though.

I never really got into 90's music though. I spent the 90's stuck in the 80's and then by the time the 2000's rolled around, I had stopped paying attention to new music, meaning any musical reference from the last 20 years is almost entirely lost on me, and the last 30 years are only vaguely familiar :p

Not true. Alienware at least has been out of stock twice now on RTX 3000 series. The build lead time is also 4 - 6 weeks.
I think you are saying the same, that it can be worst or better if by build lead time you mean that it take 4-6 weeks to receive it instead of an usual what (1-2 weeks ?) that right now for an rtx 3000 is the kind of deal anyone would take.

I think you are saying the same, that it can be worst or better if by build lead time you mean that it take 4-6 weeks to receive it instead of an usual what (1-2 weeks ?) that right now for an rtx 3000 is the kind of deal anyone would take.
You can't order it while oos though. When it is available on their site it took 5 weeks to deliver to my door.

This makes PS5 and Xbox Series X availability seem downright trivial by comparison. Volumes for those are at least expected to improve this quarter rather than get worse!
Yeah but the OEM’s have pushed back their release dates for the new Mobile parts... So likely another round of Intel for my next Dell orders.

On a happy side note, I was able to pick off a 3060ti FE from BB today and a PS5 from GS.

However, I wanted a 3080 or 3070 really.

Last edited:
Yeah my friend needed a new box badly, he was still running an old Intel 4990 or something like that and a GTX 980. He wanted a Ryzen 5900, and a 3080. But could never find the parts. His rig finally gave out in a power outage New Years morning, desperate for parts I just got my Dell rep on the line and worked out a deal for a G5 with a 3080 running a 10900k. Has it delivered before the end of the month.

My friend was beating himself up about buying a 2080 Super around August of last year. I think he's feeling better about that decision now, and I'm feeling kind of idiotic that I decided to hold off on the GPU for my new build.

Huh? My nephew and friends have driven up to that MC from UA and/or called a few times a week since September to check stock and have yet to see a purchasable 3070 or 3080. They've been told at times when stock will arrive, but it either never shows up on shelves (employees are buying and reselling them, apparently) or they're gone by the time they get there 10 min later.

That's why I was satisfied with getting my 3070 for $720. Yea, it was a bit more expensive, but I'm happy with it.

The interesting thing here is that while there is no modern hardware *easily* available due to supply/demand problems, there also isn't any software out there making a compelling case for hunting it down......you look at something like 2077 and go...."I spent $1000 for this?".....

The interesting thing here is that while there is no modern hardware *easily* available due to supply/demand problems, there also isn't any software out there making a compelling case for hunting it down......you look at something like 2077 and go...."I spent $1000 for this?".....

It's called a 2070.

Last edited:

I could see snagging a 3080 (maybe a 3070) for 4K gaming, but other than that...

Yeah, Cyberpunk 2077 (the most demanding game in recent memory that everyone had their hopes set on being epic).......I can't think of any other games with an actual release date that I'd be tearing my clothes in rage at not being able to get my hands on a 3080 for.....I'm sure they are out there, and I'm never going to suggest not upgrading even if its just for overhead, but if its this hard to get one of these cards now I say don't anguish over it, throw up your hands and give the finger to the VideoCard Gods and re-play something from the past 5 years......course I don't have $1000 burning a hole in my pocket either, and if you're super [H]ardcore into your PC game experience your mindset is gonna be different from mine.

How do you get worse than 0?

If you go to the store to check stock and the attendant savagely beats you with a brick until you permanently lose vision in one eye. Then he also tells you they don't have any in stock while you lie there on the ground writhing in pain and blood.

If you guys don't mind stimulating the economy a bit, buy prebuilts and utilize the market forum to recoup. Just make sure the prebuilts aren't already pre-scalped.

"undertaker2k8" liked this. Ironic.

Screenshot for historical purposes:

SupplyNvidia3000.jpg

Back