nVidia Rep in the forums?

one swell foop

[H]ard|Gawd
I tried to register in the official nVidia forums, but am having problems getting it to register my account properly. I was wondering if there was an nVidia rep in these forums.
I'm growing increasingly frustrated with my SLi system, particularly because of nVidia's shoddy software. The primary frustration is that I can't run SLi and multiple monitors. I've got twin 8800GTS 512's, and I realize this isn't the most up to date hardware, but I can't help but think that it's a software issue that prevents this. I've got my monitor and an HDTV hooked up to my system. For gaming I use single monitor SLi, for general use and video viewing I use both. A great deal of my frustration comes from that fact, aside from the lack of SLi multi-monitor support for my hardware, the nview software won't let me switch between profiles when one has SLi enabled and one does not. I have to go in, manually enable/disable SLi and then change profiles or jsut manually change all the settings I want changed.

Other frustrations stem from the fact that when I enable or disable SLi, the change involves closing almost every open application, browser windows AND BURNERS IN THE MIDDLE OF BURNING A CD regardless of whether or not the application minimized or has anything to do with codecs or video renderers that might be affected.

I'm mainly interested in finding out when or if these problems are going to be resolved in nVidia's siftware. The answer defines whether or not nVidia gets my business in years to come...

Well for one I seriously hope you are not trying to sli with the board in sig, if you are you are sol. You can only have mutlimon support and no sli if you are using the board in youre sig.

Last edited:
If you are using the nView Desktop Manager, then it means you are using Windows XP which doesn't support NVIDIAs SLI Multimonitor feature. This is only supported under Windows Vista and Windows 7

Back