NVIDIA Releasing Three GTX 800 Graphics Cards In October?

256 bus ?

no thanks

I wonder, if the ROPs/TMU/CUDA cores be enough along with 256 BUS to beat stufflike OCed 780 ti.Especially, as it's half of 290x...

I wonder, if Nvidia is doing the same, what AMD is doing with CPU. "Oh noes, the pure processing power and single core performance is thing of the past. Future is fusion :p" And they say. "Oh noes, large bus is thing of the past. We have CUDA cores and Gsync, and that's enough for the future".

Won't preorder any of Nvidia cards, untill I see real [H] benchies, which would tell me, if the 880 will be faster by large margin than 290x/780 ti. But, knowing Nvidia tricks, I'll just wait for the 20nm "880 Ultra" ;)

I wonder, if the ROPs/TMU/CUDA cores be enough along with 256 BUS to beat stufflike OCed 780 ti.Especially, as it's half of 290x...

I wonder, if Nvidia is doing the same, what AMD is doing with CPU. "Oh noes, the pure processing power and single core performance is thing of the past. Future is fusion :p" And they say. "Oh noes, large bus is thing of the past. We have CUDA cores and Gsync, and that's enough for the future".

Won't preorder any of Nvidia cards, untill I see real [H] benchies, which would tell me, if the 880 will be faster by large margin than 290x/780 ti. But, knowing Nvidia tricks, I'll just wait for the 20nm "880 Ultra" ;)

With only 32 ROP's I would imagine this card would drop off in performance rather significantly at 4K (most likely breaking even with the current line up). Memory bandwidth will still probably be OL, not as high as the 780 Ti but Maxwell gets that big chunk cache to offset that as demonstrated between the 650 Ti and 750 Ti.

I can't break the division of 2's I have been going by. (Just realized I was doing it. lol) Left Amd at the 1800XT for the 6800, then 8800 series, Gtx 260-216, Gtx 470, and Gtx 660Ti SLI. Thinking of going with the top end for once and getting just one GTX 880. I would love to hold out till next year, but who the hell are we all kidding? You know you are going to cave in. I am just not going to fight it. lol :p

Ain't that a bitch huh? So true. That's what I've done everu time. Thought... ill hold out, then I sell my cards and upgrade.

well small bus might be the source of cheaper card rumors

im inclined to rather buy 780ti

Back