NVIDIA Releases GeForce Game Ready 382.53 WHQL Drivers

Bees

[H]ard|Gawd
To coincide with Dirt 4's launch, NVIDIA has released new GeForce drivers to support the title, while improving performance, SLI and 3D profiles for some other notable games. Such titles include Prey, Quake Champions, Gears of War 4, and Heroes of the Storm. With all of the video game news we're receiving today, I'm nearly convinced to shut myself in and have a frag fest all weekend. The release documentation for 382.53 WHQL can be found here.
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 382.53
  • [DirectX 11 games]: On some titles, in-game V-Sync does not work if Fast Sync is selected from the NVIDIA Control Panel. Consequently, the game frame rate is not locked to the maximum refresh rate, resulting in possible tearing. [200304603]
  • [Aerofly RC 7]: Corruption occurs in the game when shadows are enabled. [1921628]
  • [OpenGL][Tombstone Enginer]: Driver update causes corruption in Tombstone engine games. [1915851]
  • [SLI][GeForce GTX]: The secondary display remains blank after switching from Clone or Extended mode to secondary-only display mode. [200288996]
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
  • Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
  • Little Nightmares
  • PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
  • Transformers Online
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3D Vision profiles:
  • Tekken 7 - Fair
  • DiRT 4 - Not Recommended
  • Nex Machina - Not Recommended
  • Quake Champions - Good
Hat tip to Comixbooks for reporting this.

Sticking with the last WDDM2.1 set of drivers for now (378.92).
Will revisit in a few months when nVIDIA gets their act together with WDDM2.2.

• [DirectX 11 games]: On some titles, in-game V-Sync does not work if Fast Sync is selected from the NVIDIA Control Panel. Consequently, the game frame rate is not locked to the maximum refresh rate, resulting in possible tearing. [200304603]
Most important fix for me. Thankfully, it only took two quick revisions.

Thank you, nVidia, for providing a few more white hairs to my head today.

1. If you are using Windows 10 64-bit, WATCH OUT if you are manually downloading the driver from nVidia's site. Apparently, the pull-down menu select defaults to Windows 7 64-bit instead of Windows 10 64-bit, which will have you download the Windows 7/8 driver. (see attached MP4 recording). Those drivers are NO LONGER compatible with Windows 10, and running the installer will throw an error, but not until you waste time downloading the driver, extracting the driver, and having the installer do a system scan.

2. You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus (and possibly DisplayFusion and some other programs) if you don't want the installer to hang on installing the files at 24%, 25%, 40%, or 47%. The anti-virus I use is Kaspersky Internet Security 17. It does the job once you turn off a few.... irritations.... for a power user. (No, I don't want to use the Onscreen Keyboard, No, I don't want to use Safe Money). I just happen to use it because it was free with my broadband subscription.

Attachments

• 2017-06-10 09-08-07.mp4
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Back